The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps having a more subdued wedding without all the public fanfare and the carriage ride is a matter of personal choice that Beatrice and Edo have made.

Perhaps they're taking into consideration that there will be a third member actually affected by this wedding and as involved as the bride and groom are when it comes to creating a "family". I'm referring to Wolfie. Beatrice and Edo may have come to an agreement that they will not put Wolfie on the public stage and in the public eye and be a target for speculation, gossip and innuendo and all that kind of stuff we see so much of.

Andrew and all of the other adults that come into play for this upcoming wedding are used to the "public eye" and opinions but for a small child, it can prove to be a traumatic experience and very scary to, all of a sudden, be the center of attention with 'tographers and flash bulbs and frantic people waving flags and doing silly things.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am still holding out hope that the couple will give an interview, perhaps on the eve of the wedding.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-23-2019, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
On a more abstract level: Why an engagement at all, if you are not allowed to have second thoughts? In my humble opinion an engagement is not the time between proposal and wedding alone...
I think the second thoughts are supposed to happen before the engagement.
By the time someone gets engaged, they are supposed to know what they intend, and should be planning the wedding.
If they are unsure, why get engaged in the first place?
Old 11-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am still holding out hope that the couple will give an interview, perhaps on the eve of the wedding.
I doubt that any York will give an interview for the next few years at least.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
By the time someone gets engaged, they are supposed to know what they intend, and should be planning the wedding.
Because oftentimes, things happen in the interim between the engagement and the wedding that makes either the bride or groom or both experience "cold feet" and question if they're doing the right thing. Not every road to a wedding is a smooth one. Its how the term "bridezilla" was coined.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
This. In some countries and cultures, a formal engagement carries the same weight as an actual betrothal.

An engagement is not legally binding in England but it is a public commitment. Of course it can be broken
but Edo's reputation would be toast if he abandoned Beatrice now, imo.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-24-2019, 12:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why are we even assuming its just about his reputation

Andrew and Epstein is nothing new. His friendship with the man has been public knowledge for a long time. Yes the dirt has hit the fan recently, but its not some deep hidden skeleton that suddenly came out. Edo knew all of the scandals and junk that came with marrying Bea before they began dating. He also knew marrying a royal would put him in a spotlight, even if he remains a private citizen.

This isn't one of the Hallmark Christmas movies out about the woman who finds out her boyfriend is a royal, and she suddenly has to decide if the public scrutiny is worth it. Like Jack, Edo was fully aware of the life, and family.

Heaven forbid we just consider Edo will not back out because I don't know....he loves his fiancé.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

I have no idea why people all assume Bea wants the same grand wedding as her sister.
I have always read she and her fiancee want something smaller and less grand. I don't think an interview will happen there is no need Bea is not a full time working royal. I have now read that it will be more like Gabriella's wedding private and pictures will be released
to the press. I hope whatever they do it will be a wonderful day for them.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:05 AM
Aristocracy

Sarah Ferguson will not show any such restraint - we KNOW she will not.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:04 AM
Courtier

I don't see any recent events as reason for a break up, unless it has brought up other issues for them personally. Even if he was just a social climbing cad (which I don't think is the case) then Andrew is still DoY and will probably still land OK after everything settles.

I see a much less public wedding than Eugenie's but I think that was already the case as we've heard no further announcements since the engagement which was no the case with Eugenie's "invite the public into Windsor Castle grounds" things. It's probably what the couple prefer. I think no engagement interview was their choice as well since whilst they maybe have known about Epstein allegations starting up again they couldn't have known about the disastrous interview and current fallout.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I'm sure the Gloucester girls used one or another of the palace chapels in grounds of st James? Could that be a possibility. With a dinner/reception at Claridges/Ritz?
I think a London wedding, with the attendant press attention, will probably be far more public than one at St George's or All Saints in Windsor. If privacy and lower profile is what is being sought, one of the two Windsor venues is probably the best bet.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I don't see any recent events as reason for a break up, unless it has brought up other issues for them personally. Even if he was just a social climbing cad (which I don't think is the case) then Andrew is still DoY and will probably still land OK after everything settles.

I see a much less public wedding than Eugenie's but I think that was already the case as we've heard no further announcements since the engagement which was no the case with Eugenie's "invite the public into Windsor Castle grounds" things. It's probably what the couple prefer. I think no engagement interview was their choice as well since whilst they maybe have known about Epstein allegations starting up again they couldn't have known about the disastrous interview and current fallout.

The allegations were certainly in full swing when they announced their engagement. They announced in late September while the allegations resurfaced in August while Andrew was at Balmoral.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

An engagement interview with Edo and Beatrice would not have been a free for all. It would have been a planned, controlled interview with someone trusted—and Andrew and Epstein would not have been a topic discussed.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Sarah Ferguson will not show any such restraint - we KNOW she will not.
I would agree a few months ago but now I feel that Sarah will do what the couple wants. It is their wedding. It was already published that the Queen and Andrew will foot the bill and that bride and groom really don't want a huge spectacle. There will be enough nasty comments about this wedding bringing up both Andrew and Sarah and other PR firm printing disgusting remarks about the gown, her looks, etc.

I would love for them to have a more private family and friends only ceremony with a few photos released the following day if that is their choice. Bea doesn't owe the public a single thing.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
An engagement is not legally binding in England but it is a public commitment. Of course it can be broken
but Edo's reputation would be toast if he abandoned Beatrice now, imo.
A few days ago, on another site, someone said that they thought Edo was an "opportunist" who dumped his baby mama and took up with Bea to further his real estate career. They also predicted that he and Bea would never marry because he would dump her. I can actually see this happening because Bea is of no use to him in his career now that her father is a pariah who no longer has contacts that can help him. I also don't think Edo's "reputation would be toast" if he did dump her. There are a lot of people against Andrew right now and if Bea becomes "collateral damage" no one would care very much. I hope this does not happen because Bea deserves to be happy but, it could.

My opinion is that, if this wedding does come off, it will be a very small family affair with no TV or streaming, no carriage ride and as little fanfare as possible. And, that might be just the way Bea wants it.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
An engagement interview with Edo and Beatrice would not have been a free for all. It would have been a planned, controlled interview with someone trusted—and Andrew and Epstein would not have been a topic discussed.
And the person doing the interview would have been roasted to within an inch of his/her life. They would have to get a reality star to do it because no real journalist would do such an interview. It would be impossible under the present circumstances, especially if it's true that Bea encouraged her father to do his fatal interview.

There will be no engagement interview nor any interview with any York family member for a very long time. Even Sarah will be encouraged to keep her mouth shut.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Courtier

I get the impression that they want a small, private wedding. Not everyone, whether they're royal or not, wants a big fuss. All that matters is that it's what works for the couple involved. I do feel sad for Beatrice, because this should be a happy time for her, and she must be very distressed by what's happened with Prince Andrew. He's let Beatrice and Eugenie down badly, as well as letting the Queen down.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we'll see the quietist of quiet weddings now. As much as possible behind closed doors with no procession etc. This may have been what they wanted all along but either way it will probably be the only option for them now, sadly.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this will be a smaller marriage than Eugenie's, but I don't think it will be that small.
Beatrice must want to invite her friends (and she has many friends) and of course her family members. The wedding may even have about the same number of guests as Eugenie's wedding.
I am of the opinion that Beatrice and Edo should have the marriage they want, regardless of what happened to Andrew.
It may even be a smaller marriage, but Beatrice deserves to have the marriage she always dreamed of, because she did nothing wrong.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeonie View Post
And the person doing the interview would have been roasted to within an inch of his/her life. They would have to get a reality star to do it because no real journalist would do such an interview. It would be impossible under the present circumstances, especially if it's true that Bea encouraged her father to do his fatal interview.

There will be no engagement interview nor any interview with any York family member for a very long time. Even Sarah will be encouraged to keep her mouth shut.
If an interview was going to occur, it would have been when the engagement was announced.

The Royal family has some friends in the media, (for instance-Tom Bradby) who would have done a controlled short interview, with nothing about Andrew's problems at the time.

Let's not conclude that Bea had anything to do with encouraging her father to do the interview based on DM gossip. We've heard about 5-6 stories about who did or didn't encourage Andrew to do the interview--all conflicting.

Closed Thread