Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there is the thinking even that the split between Beatrice and Dave is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If they hadn't split, Beatrice wouldn't have found the relationship she now has with Edo.

Its all good. ?

I shall always think that Dave Clark treated Beatrice very poorly.

It's her decision, of course, but Dave is toxic and I wouldn't think she'd want him in her life, even if she has come to think their split was for the best.

We all know it's very common for exes in these social circles to attend. Chelsy and Cress were at Harrys. Plenty of exes at the Cambridge wedding.

Bit that is because they tend to remain friends, and move in the same social circles after breaking up. And remain on good terms.

Beatrice and Dave don't seem to be in the same boat. I don't think their break was too amicable. Nor does Dave seem to be still in the social circle.

Ex spouses and fiances are in a different category all together. The only reason Edo's ex may attend, and I mean may, is for their son. If they feel Wolfie may need her there at the wedding. Yes she will always be in their lives due to Wolfie, but that doesn't mean she will automatically gain an invite either.

ITV have confirmed that they will not broadcast Beatrice's wedding. Since they were the only channel who bothered to broadcast Eugenie's I guess it's definate now that we won't get to see this one.

ITV have confirmed that they will not broadcast Beatrice's wedding. Since they were the only channel who bothered to broadcast Eugenie's I guess it's definate now that we won't get to see this one.

Hardly surprising in the circumstances.

You might want to tell William, Harry and most of their friends that; add to that also Willem-Alexander (who invited Emily Bremers his girlfriend before Máxima; the two of them also attended her wedding) and many other royals it seems.

Only the Swedes seem not to have invited their exes (of many years); clearly there was 'bad blood' between Jonas and Madeleine and many seemed to think that Sofia considered Emma as a threat, so didn't want her around; not only at her own wedding but neither at important life events of Madeleine.

So, it seems to depend on the social circle, on whether the split was amicable and/or whether the ex might be perceived as a threat.

I'm glad that William and Harry remained friends with their ex-girlfriends. Civility is always to be commended. I still think it's tacky to invite exes to your wedding, no matter how well you get on with them. Obviously, if you have a child or children with them, that's different. Also, why would Sofia think Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend was a threat? Did she think Emma was going to sneak into their house and jump out of the closet with a butcher knife? Lounge seductively on the bed wearing lingerie? Put rat poison in the champagne? That's soap opera nonsense. The only time an ex-partner is a threat to the new partner is when they're violent, and that violence is why the relationship ended.

ITV have confirmed that they will not broadcast Beatrice's wedding. Since they were the only channel who bothered to broadcast Eugenie's I guess it's definite now that we won't get to see this one.

Can't say I'm surprised, really. I don't live in the UK, so I don't have an ear to the door, as the expression goes. Are the York princesses all that interesting or popular to people? William and Harry have the benefit of being sons of the future king, to say nothing of the attachment people continue to have to their late mother, so that explains in part, their popularity, especially here in the US. Beatrice and Eugenie, as lovely as they are, don't have that.

Last edited:
I'm glad that William and Harry remained friends with their ex-girlfriends. Civility is always to be commended. I still think it's tacky to invite exes to your wedding, no matter how well you get on with them. Obviously, if you have a child or children with them, that's different. Also, why would Sofia think Carl Philip's ex-girlfriend was a threat? Did she think Emma was going to sneak into their house and jump out of the closet with a butcher knife? Lounge seductively on the bed wearing lingerie? Put rat poison in the champagne? That's soap opera nonsense. The only time an ex-partner is a threat to the new partner is when they're violent, and that violence is why the relationship ended.

Can't say I'm surprised, really. I don't live in the UK, so I don't have an ear to the door, as the expression goes. Are the York princesses all that interesting or popular to people? William and Harry have the benefit of being sons of the future king, to say nothing of the attachment people continue to have to their late mother, so that explains in part, their popularity, especially here in the US. Beatrice and Eugenie, as lovely as they are, don't have that.

Well the circumstances regarding Beatrice and Eugenie were the same when Eugenie got married and that's why Andrew had to practically beg for a news channel to broadcast the wedding. I thought he and Sarah looked rather smug that by sheer persistance they had managed to secure a wedding for E that really didn't reflect her junior position in the family. They probably presumed that B's wedding would be identical when the time came and it's very possible that ITV would have stepped in again if recent events hadn't happened.

I loved seeing Eugenie's wedding. As the Queen's granddaughter I think she had the wedding she wanted and I don't see her or sister as lesser they are royal princesses.

Logical. A quiet, "private" wedding Peter's style is the best for everyone concerned.

I loved seeing Eugenie's wedding. As the Queen's granddaughter I think she had the wedding she wanted and I don't see her or sister as lesser they are royal princesses.

Yes but very far down the line of succession and most people in the UK wouldn't even know who they were if shown a picture of them, thus the lack of intetest in the wedding from the BBC etc.

A first week of January has passed and still no wedding date.

A first week of January has passed and still no wedding date.

I don't know if they should make any announcements in relation to the wedding at all. If I was in the shoes of Beatrice, I would put out an announcement following the wedding, with a few select pictures.

The decision is understandable indeed but a great pity for us royalty watchers. I was looking forward to seeing the wedding as Princess Beatrice seems to have some connections to some mainland European royals and nobles, so that would have been interesting as well. Considering the circumstances I fear that we will only see a picture of the bridal couple and that is that.

In the Netherlands all four weddings of the Van Vollenhoven princes were broadcasted. They are in a simular position as Beatrice and Eugenie. Thus I did not find the decision to broadcast Eugenie's wedding very strange, the only strange thing was that it was not done by the public broadcaster.

Last edited:
a wedding for E that really didn't reflect her junior position in the family.

As was discussed when Princess Eugenie married, the weddings of some of Queen Elizabeth's cousins (who are in the same junior position) were broadcast, and all at least received coverage of the guest arrivals.

Unless the family chooses to release footage, I suppose. It would be nice if the order of service would be released, even if there is no footage.

Is there a link to the confirmation?

In the Netherlands all four weddings of the Van Vollenhoven princes were broadcasted. They are in a simular position as Beatrice and Eugenie. Thus I did not find the decision to broadcast Eugenie's wedding very strange, the only strange thing was that it was not done by the public broadcaster.

I would say they were in a similar position as David (then) Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones - children of the sister of the reigning Queen, not her direct descendants (as Beatrice and Eugenie - granddaughters of the reigning Queen)

I would say they were in a similar position as David (then) Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones - children of the sister of the reigning Queen, not her direct descendants (as Beatrice and Eugenie - granddaughters of the reigning Queen)

I'm not sure that is a significant difference. The Orange-Nassau Van Vollenhoven princes were originally children of a daughter of the reigning Queen, were subsequently the children of a sister of the reigning Queen, and are presently the children of an aunt of the reigning King. Provided that the heirs in direct line have children of their own (which is the case in the Netherlands and Britain), royals in the position of the York princesses and Orange-Nassau Van Vollenhoven princes will predictably become children of the sibling of the monarch and then children of the aunt or uncle of the monarch, in the same way that a royal in George of Cambridge's position will predictably become the grandchild of the monarch, the child of the monarch, and finally the monarch.

I had in mind their position during their weddings.

Considering that Charles has talked about streamlining the monarchy when he becomes King, this could be a portent of things to come. William's children will have televised weddings, but Harry's children might not. I doubt either Lady Louise or Viscount Severn will have televised weddings, and after Beatrice marries, they're the last unmarried grandchildren. Peter and Zara Philips certainly didn't have televised weddings, even though they're just as royal as Beatrice and Eugenie are.

I understand why people like us enjoy watching them, we get to gossip about the dresses and tiaras and guest lists...but I think we're an increasingly shrinking minority. I don't think the UK will suddenly become a republic, but if other European monarchies can cut down on the number of people considered members of the royal house, and thus entitled to all the panoply that brings with it, so can they.

Considering that Charles has talked about streamlining the monarchy when he becomes King, this could be a portent of things to come. William's children will have televised weddings, but Harry's children might not. I doubt either Lady Louise or Viscount Severn will have televised weddings, and after Beatrice marries, they're the last unmarried grandchildren. Peter and Zara Philips certainly didn't have televised weddings, even though they're just as royal as Beatrice and Eugenie are.

Actually, they aren't royal at all. They may have the same degree of relation to the Queen as Beatrice and Eugenie but they aren't members of the Royal Family according to their mother.

Actually, they aren't royal at all. They may have the same degree of relation to the Queen as Beatrice and Eugenie but they aren't members of the Royal Family according to their mother.

Actually, there's a difference between the Royal House and the Royal Family. As grandchildren of the sovereign in the female line, Peter and Zara are members of the royal family, but not the royal house. They're invited to all formal events like weddings, funerals, Trooping the Colour, etc., and they'll no doubt be invited to Charles's coronation one day, but they don't undertake any official duties, and they don't receive an allowance from the Privy Purse. That sets them apart from William, Harry, and their wives.

My point was that, like Beatrice and Eugenie, they have one royal and non-royal parent. They're coming from a similar position — grandchildren of the sovereign. As I also pointed out, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn, grandchildren of the sovereign as well, probably won't have televised weddings either, not because they aren't members of the Royal House (they are), but because outside of people like us who post on message boards like these, who really cares?

Last edited:

Of course. They will not broadcast the one I really wanted to see.:bang::sad:

If you want to see the wedding I think you will have to go and make pics yourself (if allowed).
It will be a compleet private affair like the noble weddings in Germany f.e.

B.t.w. It is probably a strong wish of the bride (and groom) to keep her wedding private!!!

In some ways, who wants the extra pressure of TV cameras at your wedding? Of course, if it was televised, it wouldn’t have been about the happy couple and it would distracted/spoiled the day. Tbf, I do think wedding ceremonies are overated and sometimes think that having a civil ceremony is just as good. Maybe its an opportunity for Beatrice to have the ceremony she wants and she won’t have the world and his wife chipping in about(although that kind of thing never stops :sad:-)

One thing we'll never know really is if this wedding isn't televised because its what Beatrice wants or that Andrew doesn't have the "clout" anymore to insist that it be televised. Regardless, I'm sure Beatrice and Edo will have a beautiful wedding among friends and family and we'll get pictures released.

I also was looking forward to watching this wedding on TV. I'm a sucker for royal weddings from the grandeur of the venue, to the cute children in the bridal party to the gown and tiara and all aspects of the ceremony.

Ah well.... probably will be a long time now before another televised royal wedding.

My guess is after Beatrice we won't see another Royal wedding till George or Charlotte marry...if we are still around! lol

LaRae

Of course. They will not broadcast the one I really wanted to see.:bang::sad:

One thing we'll never know really is if this wedding isn't televised because its what Beatrice wants or that Andrew doesn't have the "clout" anymore to insist that it be televised. Regardless, I'm sure Beatrice and Edo will have a beautiful wedding among friends and family and we'll get pictures released.

I also was looking forward to watching this wedding on TV. I'm a sucker for royal weddings from the grandeur of the venue, to the cute children in the bridal party to the gown and tiara and all aspects of the ceremony.

Ah well.... probably will be a long time now before another televised royal wedding.

I wanted to to see the wedding too, but IF Edo and Bea want things private I respect that.

B.t.w. It is probably a strong wish of the bride (and groom) to keep her wedding private!!!

Yes if true ,I’m sure the royal family would find a way to broadcast the wedding, if the couple didnt mind, but It was obvious from the get go things were going to be a bit different , and couple may have wanted more privacy. They didn’t do a interview or send out enegagements cards to the public. When they announced it seemed like the couple was trying to fly under the radar, itwas during the Sussex tour, it was as if to say nothing to see herefolks, and not much info is known. I’m sure the couple would want things more private due to obvious reasons and of course Wolfe, Edo seems very protective of him.

If you want to see the wedding I think you will have to go and make pics yourself (if allowed).
It will be a complete private affair like the noble weddings in Germany f.e.

I might be lucky and have a spy there to take Pics for me , but knowing my luck they wont even let members of the public know the location and day :( :p *fingers crossed Wouldnt be surprised if one day we wake up to find she is married.

In some ways, who wants the extra pressure of TV cameras at your wedding? Of course, if it was televised, it wouldn’t have been about the happy couple and it would distracted/spoiled the day. Tbf, I do think wedding ceremonies are overated and sometimes think that having a civil ceremony is just as good. Maybe its an opportunity for Beatrice to have the ceremony she wants and she won’t have the world and his wife chipping in about(although that kind of thing never stops :sad:-)

Wife? I dont think there was evidence he was married before Bea. Obviously, he had a child though, but yes I get what you are saying..

Last edited:
I take it, that you want to see Beatrice, if not who?

I want to see this couple get married! I have been rooting for Beatrice because I have always felt like she is the underdog. I like her with Edoardo and I want to see their wedding.:sad:

I thought it had been said all along Beatrice and Edo wanted a smaller, more private wedding than Eugenie's so not having it broadcast automatically makes it so. Id love to know if the channels actually passed on showing it or were never given the opportunity to.

TBH I always believed if it hadn't fitted pretty much into their usual This Morning show I'm not ITV would have shown the wedding.

Sounds to me Beatrice is going to have something a bit like Gabriella, maybe a few pictures afterwards, possibly you never know footage of arrivals/departures especially if they are inside the Castle walls with a small and very supportive crowd.

Last edited:
I think Lady Gabriella's wedding was more or less semi-private, with pics at the arrival and at the departure.
I even doubt that there will be pictures of Beatrice and Edo on their wedding-day for the public.
They are said to have wished a private wedding in Italy, but that would have been too difficult for the grandparents to be present.

I expect that they will announce one of these days that their wedding will be private and that the date will be known afterwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom