Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the timing of andrew's interview was ill advised, and it is no doubt impacting bea's wedding. it would have been best if he had stayed shut up. after all, andrew's rumoured involvement with epstein's affairs has been in the air for years, yet not with the intensity that has arisen following the interview. heck, it was even in the air when eugenie married, yet the wedding went on without any repercusions for eugenie and jack. i am afraid the same isn't true this time for beatrice and edoardo. what was andrew thinking? resigning 'for the foreseeable future' was doubtful, but asking him to give up all his patronages has rung more than one alarm bell. to me, it indicates that 'the foreseable future' may be indeed a long, even permanent future...

I hope Bea has the wedding she wants but a very public one with Andrew walking her down the aisle will likely be very problematic. It’s unfortunate but expected. So not televised will be the way to go.

Maybe a wedding without mom and dad.
In Spain Cristina was even privately kept away from the King and Queen

The more I think about it I think she will get married at Queens Chapel Within the safe surroundings of St James Palace. Reception in the palace. Evening party somewhere? Maybe Windsor but could be a London hotel the royals have had a few private parties at hotels including the queen. St James Palace is Edo and Bea's home. Small wedding and big party. All nice and private. Plus Queen Victoria married there (my 5 year old is doing Queen Vic as their topic this term) which is a nice link for Bea especially if she wants something different.

I did wonder about the ‘first engagement’. I read it both ways. Thanks duchesschicana.

The more I think about it I think she will get married at Queens Chapel Within the safe surroundings of St James Palace. Reception in the palace. Evening party somewhere? Maybe Windsor but could be a London hotel the royals have had a few private parties at hotels including the queen. St James Palace is Edo and Bea's home. Small wedding and big party. All nice and private. Plus Queen Victoria married there (my 5 year old is doing Queen Vic as their topic this term) which is a nice link for Bea especially if she wants something different.

I've said it before, this is exactly what she and Edo should do. Keep the actual ceremony small and private, with a reception in the Palace.

And a week later have an all out, pull out the stops party on the Continent with all their friends.

No sniping in the press or public about $$. Beatrice and Edo get the private wedding (with Edo's son shielded, and Andrew walking his daughter up the aisle). Everyone's happy.

Sadly it won't be streamed or televised, though.:ermm:

Hmmm, but it reads a bit like Mr. Mapelli Mozzi, the property developer, is now the "good catch" and not the English Princess...

Neither of them is a "catch". They're not fish. What matters is their relationship to each other and to the new family they're forging. Adjectives to describe each person in the relationship fade away and the things such as wealth, reputation, status are like outerwear in the coldest of winter that belie what lies underneath.

In a good and healthy and loving marriage, its the partnership that matters. Not who is the better "catch". I sincerely believe and hope that Bea and Edo have found this with each other because, really, that is all that really matters.

When it does come time to announce the wedding date, could Edoardo's parents actually make the announcement?

I wouldn't be surprised if we are told after the wedding has actually taken place so they have their event, the way they want it, and no chance of any public or media there to spoil the day for them.

Why is St James any more private or safe then St George's? They are both inside private palace walls, that can be closed off to the media and public for the event. The only difference, The queen's chapel is so small that besides their family, they would be able to have very few friends in attendance.

If they don't want people screaming about the cost of security, a wedding reception at a hotel would do the opposite. The kind of expense for security on a hotel as there would be senior royals at it, would be extremely high.

Nor would they be able to control the media attention.

I don't get why people are so bent on London being more 'private' then Windsor. I don't think they get that Windsor can be completely closed off to the public and media for the wedding. The only media and public with access to Harry and Eugenie's weddings were either those who were allowed on to the castle grounds, or during the carriage ride. Since the carriage ride will be out, the public out cry too much, no concern there.

When it does come time to announce the wedding date, could Edoardo's parents actually make the announcement?

It is traditional for the Queen to announce. She did even for Zara and Peter's weddings. Unless they have a totally un-royal wedding, with the queen not involved in hosting it, I don't see this tradition not continuing.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are told after the wedding has actually taken place so they have their event, the way they want it, and no chance of any public or media there to spoil the day for them.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Either way, whether Bea and Edo have a full scale royal blowout of a wedding or quietly marry and its reported after the fact, there'll always be a whole lot of moaning and groaning and negativity applied to their choices. That's what the "public" tends to do about things that aren't really any of their business in the first place. :D

I read in one of the British rags a week or so that the wedding is set for September, and that the announcement will not be made public until after the New Year.

Time willtell I wouldnt be surprised if one day we woke to find Beatrice married one day.

Last edited:
I am thinking the same thing. We will get up one morning and be told that she and Edo married a few weeks earlier and that will be it - no pictures and no nasty media coverage nor vicious comments from the public.

In some ways I actually hope that we will all just awaken to the news that Beatrice and Edo have married and we'll be shown a handful of lovely pictures and that'll be that. I really think poor Bea and Eugenie have suffered enough during this nightmare that Andrew has created and it's a hefty blow that Bea has been dealt in terms of her wedding and the scale on which it could be held if she so chose.

That said, I think it might help to put rumors and speculations to rest if they'd make an announcement of even the slightest detail...something along the lines of "the wedding will take place in the summer at St. George's" or "they've decided on St. James' as the venue, further announcements will be made in due course" or something small and vague but enough to put to rest rumors that all wedding plans are on hold. By announcing absolutely nothing they're leaving room for rumors to take hold that Edo has backed out, planning is completely stalled, etc. and right now nothing would help Bea more than to at least take that speculation off the table.

I am thinking the same thing. We will get up one morning and be told that she and Edo married a few weeks earlier and that will be it - no pictures and no nasty media coverage nor vicious comments from the public.

The wedding will be jampacked of celebrities. We will at least get hints when we see stories of people flocking to a specific city.

:previous: Not if they have the wedding ceremony privately, and a big reception for their friends in Italy later.;)

Yeah I can see them wanting to keep this very very low key. The fact we don't have any info yet says a lot.

Queen Victoria didn't marry in the Queen's Chapel, she married in the Chapel Royal at St. James's Palace. The Chapel Royal is really small so is only used for christenings nowadays. The Queen's Chapel is much bigger and was used for the wedding of Lady Rose Windsor but it still isn't nearly as big as St. George's and I think Beatrice will need a really big church as I imagine the guest list will be extensive.

I cant wait to learn about when the wedding is and where it will be. I just hope that her father's controversy/scandal will not overshadow the bridal couple's special day especially when she arrives to the venue and walked down the aisle by her father.

With the Queen at the helm and Beatrice being her granddaughter, I'm sincerely hoping that HM will push for Beatrice to have as much of a public wedding as Eugenie did for the simple reason that Andrew's actions and repercussions are solely on him and not reflected by the "shame" of the BRF and Beatrice and Edo especially. Unless, of course, Beatrice wants a more low key and private wedding.

No matter what happens, outsiders looking in will see and find the negatives and connections to Andrew's disgrace. I don't think it should affect Beatrice's happy day she should have exactly what she wants.

With the Queen at the helm and Beatrice being her granddaughter, I'm sincerely hoping that HM will push for Beatrice to have as much of a public wedding as Eugenie did for the simple reason that Andrew's actions and repercussions are solely on him and not reflected by the "shame" of the BRF and Beatrice and Edo especially. Unless, of course, Beatrice wants a more low key and private wedding.

No matter what happens, outsiders looking in will see and find the negatives and connections to Andrew's disgrace. I don't think it should affect Beatrice's happy day she should have exactly what she wants.

I don't think there's any question that it will be as public as Eugenie's right now but I don't think it was going to be anyway, given the exactly no public announcements about it even before The Interview. Whilst no one should be spoiling their big day because of her father's issues wherever it is it seems Andrew was the one pushing for it to be almost as big as Prince Harry's etc. That said they aren't going to have to basically elope if they don't want to:

We might just have an announcement that the wedding has happened but I doubt it if they want anyone outside of the Yorks there, even if it is supposed to be low key and private. And yes there were so many leaks from Eugenie's after parties that they might as well have streamed the things anyway. Beatrice has many of the same friends

Her Parents will be there naturally as well As the Queen. Phillip if he is up
To it. Presumably the usual selection of Cambridge kids And maybe Louise in wedding party. Yeah, the Society friends Set that goes to all the weddings will be in attendance will show up.

With the Queen at the helm and Beatrice being her granddaughter, I'm sincerely hoping that HM will push for Beatrice to have as much of a public wedding as Eugenie did for the simple reason that Andrew's actions and repercussions are solely on him and not reflected by the "shame" of the BRF and Beatrice and Edo especially. Unless, of course, Beatrice wants a more low key and private wedding. QUOTE]

The size and scope of the wedding might not be up to the Queen. The taxpayers in England will have to pay the security if there is a really big wedding. There could be some resistance in that regard and I don't think the Queen, Charles or anyone else connected to the Royal family want any more adverse publicity after Andrew. A wedding without a carriage ride or having the public on the grounds of Windsor would be much less expensive since not much security would be necessary.

The size and scope of the wedding might not be up to the Queen. The taxpayers in England will have to pay the security if there is a really big wedding. There could be some resistance in that regard and I don't think the Queen, Charles or anyone else connected to the Royal family want any more adverse publicity after Andrew. A wedding without a carriage ride or having the public on the grounds of Windsor would be much less expensive since not much security would be necessary.

Of course the public security will be at the discretion of the Windsor Police Department and perhaps the Metropolitan Police if extra security is needed. The Queen can only *request* their assistance if Beatrice and Edo want the public involved in their wedding day.

The way I see it, no matter where Beatrice gets married or the extent of her wedding, there is going to be adverse publicity surrounding it and dredging up Andrew's disgrace, the cost of everything and who knows what else they'll come up with. Its what the tabloids feed on. Even if they eloped and got married secretly on Branson's Necker Island, there'll be backlash from it.

We just have to wait and see what is announced, when it is announce of what this wedding will entail. I would think that the happiness of Beatrice's day would far outweigh the fear of negative backlash coming from the press and the people when it comes to the BRF. ?

That may turn out to be an elegant solution.

One of the tabloids is saying that a "save the date" has been sent out with the engagement invitation. If that is true, someone is bound to leak the date.

Apart from the Andrew issue, surely they'd have to be sensitive to publicity around Edo's small child and his ex.

I wouldn't be surprised either. Either way, whether Bea and Edo have a full scale royal blowout of a wedding or quietly marry and its reported after the fact, there'll always be a whole lot of moaning and groaning and negativity applied to their choices. That's what the "public" tends to do about things that aren't really any of their business in the first place. :D

Time will tell. I don't like the way Edo walks in front of B and there was a photo of her sitting in the back seat and Edo sitting up front with the driver. It is a pattern with him. I hope the have a long engagement there is no rush.

Perhaps walking in front of Beatrice (especially if there's a gaggle of paps around), it could be construed as a protective measure. The old "royal goes first with commoner husband/fiance/other half following three steps behind is archaic other than events where strict protocol is followed, it makes no difference who goes first. My hubby walks ahead of me approaching somewhere for the sole fact that he'll be the one opening the door for me.

That's how I see it anyways. No harm and no foul.

Edo

Perhaps walking in front of Beatrice (especially if there's a gaggle of paps around), it could be construed as a protective measure. The old "royal goes first with commoner husband/fiance/other half following three steps behind is archaic other than events where strict protocol is followed, it makes no difference who goes first. My hubby walks ahead of me approaching somewhere for the sole fact that he'll be the one opening the door for me.

That's how I see it anyways. No harm and no foul.

I'm not talking of the royal rule I'm talking about disrespect, if he can't handle paps he should really think about this wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom