Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen's funeral will be a State event so I can see Charles refusing to allow him to attend. He may be able to attend the private internment at Windsor Castle but not the public funeral at WA. Her funeral will be as big an occasion as Charles' coronation and he won't attend that either. Harry will attend both.

Anne didn't attend The Queen's Coronation. She was on the balcony at BP afterwards but didn't go to the Abbey.

I do not think Charles will prohibit his brother from attending their mother's funeral. I think there was better reason for The Duke of Windsor to be excluded from attending the funeral of George VI yet he was there. Andrew has behaved very poorly but he has not been convicted of a crime. Unless that status changes in the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at his brother's coronation, either.

The statement from BP says he will not do any public duties and both the Funeral and Coronations are that - public duties.

That is why I think he may be able to attend the private internment at St George's Chapel but not the funeral at WA.

Charles is a lot more vindictive than The Queen and he wants his brother gone from public life and from all aspects of it. I doubt that Charles and Andrew will ever be in the same place at the same time again ever. I also don't think William and Andrew will ever be at the same place at the same time again. I can even see a situation where The Queen never has all four children in the one place again. Anne also has a hard streak which I am sure will see her refuse to be anywhere near Andrew again and Edward will follow his brother and sister's lead - Andrew will have no one other than his daughters going forward.

Who would employ him now? Andrew Windsor may be broke for the rest of his life.

I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.

I very much doubt we will ever see him again with any family members, outside maybe his daughters but even that is doubtful.

I suspect even his death will barely be noticed - nothing in the CC for instance or any acknowledgement of his funeral.

He will simply not be mentioned or seen again - regardless of the outcome of the case.

I can see the York Princesses missing Uncle Wales's coronation either by choice or by coercion...but their beloved grandmother's funeral should be off limits too?

How far down the line does this "guilt by blood relation" extend?

Are August and Sienna included as well??

I remember reading suggestion years ago that Andrew would barred from his own father's eventual funeral due to "optics".

Last edited:
Andrew Windsor would go to funerals, I presume. But, I don't know where he would sit because of the protocol.

Nah, not broke! The Windsors share their personal fortunes among their relatives - and I don't think, he will be disinherited by his mommy with an reported net worth of over 500 million nice US Dollar.

No one but then he is close to the retirement age in the UK anyway and he does have his navy pension of around 20,000 pounds per year, although half of that has to be paid to Sarah as part of their divorce settlement. If that is his only income then he will have to cut his costs massively and his accuser won't be able to get a big payout.

Andrew Windsor would go to funerals, I presume. But, I don't know where he would sit because of the protocol.

He isn't Andrew Windsor. He is at least His Grace The Duke of York.

I can see the York Princesses missing Uncle Wales's coronation either by choice or by coercion...but their beloved grandmother's funeral should be off limits too?

How far down the line does this "guilt by blood relation" extend?

Are August and Sienna included as well??

I remember reading suggestion years ago that Andrew would barred from his own father's eventual funeral due to "optics".
Why would his daughters be punished ? They did nothing wrong !

PR - the moment the York princesses attend any official event the media will run all the sordid details about their father's actions.

His daughti shouldn't be guilty by association at all, but things would be more clear cut if the HRH title was only for working royals. Why should Beatrice, Eugeie and Prince Michael fir example be HRH, yet Harry, Meghan and Andrew aren't?

Being stripped of his patronages and honorary ranks per se doesn't change the order of precedence. In the future reign, all things being equal, Andrew will be accorded the precedence of a brother of the Sovereign.

I have absolutely no doubts that Andrew will be at his mothers future funeral - unless he has been convicted and is in prison....

As a son of the person in the casket - an invitation shouldn’t even have to be sent ! His presence should be taken for granted.... Though he will wear morning dress with medals (yes he still has the Medals just like Harry still has his) and most likely not take part in any public processions, but arrive and depart by bus with his daughters families and the other junior branches...

Wether or not he will go to Charles coronation is a totally different thing. There i can see Charles and the Duke of Norfolk simply take him off the guest list if things are still going on by then - but not for his mothers funeral...

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan are - they can't use HRH for commercial purposes anymore than Beatrice or Eugenie can.

Even Andrew is still HRH but can't use it.

Until the Queen issues Letters Patent to formally strip them of HRH Prince/Princess they still hold them but three have been asked to not use them when making money and the other has been asked to not use it at all. There is a difference.

I find it difficult to believe Beatrice and Eugenie will lose anything because of Andrew’s problems. That’s not right imo. And that would truly be very bad optics imo.

I actually think Andrew being barred from his mother’s funeral would be bad optics too. To me- that looks bad. Heartless. Short of being in prison- she’s his mother. Charles’ coronation- well- that’s a different matter.

I don't think he will be employed. Supported, maintained, more like that.

If he and Fergie just retreat, live modestly and become fabulous grandparents, that would be good.

PR - the moment the York princesses attend any official event the media will run all the sordid details about their father's actions.

They can hardly be blamed for that though, can they?

I remember during the height of Squidygate and the sex talk tapes between Charles and his then mistress Camilla reading that the Wales children were teased mercilessly at school.

Eventually the media buzzes off and finds a juicier mess. They always do.

I highly doubt that as B & E enter middle age the tabloids will still be running stories about Andrew every time his daughters show up somewhere.

This too shall pass. Nothing against the princesses....both of whom I find rather sympathetic. ...but in the larger scheme of things they simply are not that important enough to go after.

I can?t see Andrew doing that much with his life from now on, to be honest. After Covid he may travel a bit, play golf a lot, privately invest what money he has left and perhaps play the Stockmarket (following advice) to do so. I can?t see him in any paid position anywhere.

He could do some unsung charity work I suppose as ex minister John Profumo did in the 1960s following the ?Profumo Affair? that took a wrecking ball to the Macmillan govt in the UK. Profumo redeemed himself by doing that for several decades, but I really can?t see that being Andrew?s cup of tea, and, with the media the way they are now, who would take the chance of employing him in such a position?

He?s likely to be a peripheral royal figure from now on, only seen every now and again at Sandringham and Balmoral at royal family get togethers. He has grandchildren and is likely to have more, so may spend time with them, playing grandpa as they grow up..

I don't think he will be employed. Supported, maintained, more like that.

If he and Fergie just retreat, live modestly and become fabulous grandparents, that would be good.
And Father Christmas comes on the 25th of December too. Can someone really imagine them doing that ? Of course it must be really difficult to do when you are used to being the center of attention !

I see a lot of golf in Andrew's future, and spending time with his children and grandchildren. As for money, I suspect there are discretionary trusts that he can and will benefit from.

Barring any bombshell like Andrew being photographed committing a crime, or irrefutable evidence that he knowingly had sex with someone who was underage and/or sex-trafficked, him being absent from his mother's funeral will be more distracting and cause an even bigger media storm than him attending the funeral IMO.

Yes Andrew is tainted and his presence will always generate media stories and commentary that the BRF would rather not have part of the narrative, but his absence will in no way prevent media stories and commentary, and again, in some instances, may generate even more media stories and commentary.

Regarding the York princesses, likewise, they will attend their grandmother's funeral.

I don't particularly see either Charles or the York princesses being keen on the York princesses attending Charles' coronation. Having said that, what will the optics look like if relatives, friends, acquaintances and dignitaries from all over the world attend the coronation and the York princesses are absent. I suspect that whatever ill-will, or perhaps simple indifference exists, that it will be set aside in order to put on a united front and produce the right optics.

I see a lot of golf in Andrew's future, and spending time with his children and grandchildren. As for money, I suspect there are discretionary trusts that he can and will benefit from.

I think the golf is gone.

His patronages and connections with all golf clubs all went down the drain with his loss of patronages or stewardship or any honorary positions. He lost everything there regarding positions or membership in UK golf clubs.

I think the golf is gone.

His patronages and connections with all golf clubs all went down the drain with his loss of patronages or stewardship or any honorary positions. He lost everything there regarding positions or membership in UK golf clubs.

It hadn't occurred to me that he might be kicked out of golf clubs because of all this. I was thinking of him as just a member of a golf club like anyone else, and that he would still play with friends.

I expect that he might not be allowed to walk behind the coffin - but he will be in the church just ushered in later.

If the Nazi loving borderline traitorous Duke of Windsor paid public tribute to his mother Queen Mary by walking behind the coffin at her funeral procession I don't see what is stopping Andrew from honoring QEII when the sad day arrives

I have absolutely no doubts that Andrew will be at his mothers future funeral - unless he has been convicted and is in prison....

As a son of the person in the casket - an invitation shouldn’t even have to be sent ! His presence should be taken for granted.... Though he will wear morning dress with medals (yes he still has the Medals just like Harry still has his) and most likely not take part in any public processions, but arrive and depart by bus with his daughters families and the other junior branches...

Wether or not he will go to Charles coronation is a totally different thing. There i can see Charles and the Duke of Norfolk simply take him off the guest list if things are still going on by then - but not for his mothers funeral...

I agree, unless convicted, Andrew will probably attend his mother's funeral, but not the coronation of his brother or nephew.

Hes not Andrew WIndsor. He is the duke of York or Andrew Mountbatten windsor. And do you think that he depends on employment to make a living???

What are your opinions on Royal Lodge, do you think he will be asked/told to move to something less expensive to run. Also Royal Lodge was a family home of the Queen when younger also her mother's home in later life so close connections there.
I had read somewhere a few months ago that William wanted it and I thought no , he will not be permitted to tell Andrew to move on , now I am not so sure.
There are newspaper stories that William wants to move to Windsor.
Love to read your views.

If the Nazi loving borderline traitorous Duke of Windsor paid public tribute to his mother Queen Mary by walking behind the coffin at her funeral procession I don't see what is stopping Andrew from honoring QEII when the sad day arrives

We live in a very different world now - also not many people knew about the Nazi connections then.
People then didn't organize rallies and marches on funerals and Christmas services. They wouldn't even organize rally and marches against the RF. Now they are rallying to do exactly that at the Jubilee.
Also not much was shared via TV. One or two pics - some video was controlled. Now everyone has a camera and a channel to show it on.

What are your opinions on Royal Lodge, do you think he will be asked/told to move to something less expensive to run. Also Royal Lodge was a family home of the Queen when younger also her mother's home in later life so close connections there.
I had read somewhere a few months ago that William wanted it and I thought no , he will not be permitted to tell Andrew to move on , now I am not so sure.
There are newspaper stories that William wants to move to Windsor.
Love to read your views.

Andrew has paid a lease on Royal Lodge until 2078 at least. It is already paid and not something he is still paying. He also paid, upfront, for the full refurbishment of Royal Lodge.

Of course Charles and William will do their best to kick him out of the home he has done up to the way he wants it and then expect the Sovereign Grant to redo it to their styles and designs and then provide Andrew with no home at all. Neither would want him on the Sandringham or Balmoral estates so that is out and on 50% of a naval pension he doesn't have a large income to afford a home now.

Back
Top Bottom