Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not think that the siblings are conspiring against him. I think it was a few informal conversation if anything. William would have been there it was an agreement.

That been said - there is lots Andrew can do. Pretty certain that we have discussed it here before, oddly enough it is the same list of what we can expect Harry to one day do if he returns.
1. Military Attaché, envoy/ enqury. - But this might involving him assisting one of his siblings or nephew. But he would be able to still work.
2. Game Ranger - Charles has taken over Prince Philip's role as Game Ranger of the Windsor estate and others. And apparently has hired people to do the work with him signing up. I had previously suggested that he should have training Edward and Andrew to assist here - but he hired people. Edward appears to be happily restoring Bagshot to nature and Anne is running a top farm. So either they were too busy or Charles prefers to hold on to the reigns. But he really could have made use of Andrew's time.
3. Volunteer somewhere - many of the royals are still volunteering. I am pretty certain that we are unaware of some. If these royals can do it - surely Andrew can do so to.
4. Queen's Companion - while at least for the while and not been seen in public with her. But he can at least be company.

Until Andrew is clearly vindicated and has cleared his name, IMO, Options 1 and 4 above are really off the menu.

As regards acting as Ranger for eithr Windsor, Sandringham or Balmoral estates, he potentially could be used, if he is willing to follow the clear direction that Charles or William will set out.

I do not think that the siblings are conspiring against him. I think it was a few informal conversation if anything. William would have been there it was an agreement.

That been said - there is lots Andrew can do. Pretty certain that we have discussed it here before, oddly enough it is the same list of what we can expect Harry to one day do if he returns.
1. Military Attaché, envoy/ enqury. - But this might involving him assisting one of his siblings or nephew. But he would be able to still work.
2. Game Ranger - Charles has taken over Prince Philip's role as Game Ranger of the Windsor estate and others. And apparently has hired people to do the work with him signing up. I had previously suggested that he should have training Edward and Andrew to assist here - but he hired people. Edward appears to be happily restoring Bagshot to nature and Anne is running a top farm. So either they were too busy or Charles prefers to hold on to the reigns. But he really could have made use of Andrew's time.
3. Volunteer somewhere - many of the royals are still volunteering. I am pretty certain that we are unaware of some. If these royals can do it - surely Andrew can do so to.
4. Queen's Companion - while at least for the while and not been seen in public with her. But he can at least be company.
He may be able to work privately on a royal estate but he certainly wont be acceptable as a volunteer for a chairty or doing ANYTHING Of a military nature or anything that's representing the monarch.

He may be able to work privately on a royal estate but he certainly wont be acceptable as a volunteer for a chairty or doing ANYTHING Of a military nature or anything that's representing the monarch.

You are nailing him at the cross while today Scotland Yard has announced it will take no further action over sexual assault allegations against the Duke of York after reviewing legal documents ánd having spoken to Ms Giuffre.

There is not even any charge against the Duke, also not in the US civil procedure, he is "a person of interest" for so far. I fail to see why he should be a pariah if nothing of substance can be constructed before Justice.

THat's the way it is. Charities have all dropped him like a wet rag over a year ago and IMO he wont be forgiven

Something like being a Game Ranger might be an option. Charities, understandably, don't want to be associated with anyone controversial in case it puts off potential donors.

Organisations are becoming increasingly frightened of being associated with any sort of controversy. One TV channel recently pulled the final episode of a drama series after one of the actors was accused - in the media - of improper conduct. Sports clothing companies pull sponsorship deals with anyone accused of having posted an offensive comment on Twitter 20 years ago. Etc etc etc.

The Royal National Institute for the Deaf, the Naval Children's Charity and the Foundation for Liver Research are amongst those which have cut ties with Prince Andrew.

Which charities have dropped him ?

My understanding was that most of the charities he was associated with did not want to work with him in the wake of the interview in 2019.. and that he then had to announce that he was giving up his duties.

Last year he and Sarah tried the volunteering route and were roundly criticised for daring to do so. They were packing supplies for NHS staff. The following week Edward and Sophie were praised to the highest for doing the same thing.

Basically even volunteering is out as well - the public simply don't want Andrew to do anything at all, even if it means helping them.

Last year he and Sarah tried the volunteering route and were roundly criticised for daring to do so. They were packing supplies for NHS staff. The following week Edward and Sophie were praised to the highest for doing the same thing.

Basically even volunteering is out as well - the public simply don't want Andrew to do anything at all, even if it means helping them.

I do remember that. IMOI, he is unlikely to be able to get any sort of public role till he clears his name unequivoically.

I doubt the story about the three siblings meeting. That sounds like some pablum from Clarence House.

There is no way he will remarry Sarah. There is no reason to.

The fact that he is isolated and in deep disgrace and that she has remained steadfastly in his corner is one reason. That she continues to appeal to Andrew's vanity and overinflated ego by insisting to the world that her "handsome prince" is the greatest of men is another.

And finally the fact that he is aging, probably lonely and no one else outside his immediate family will have anything to do with him is an important third.

Never say never. There are quite a few things I thought I'd never see in the BRF that have come to pass.:cool:

Personally I feel he can do what he wants to - but we will not be told about it. Maybe someone will slip it to the press , but the palace will not try to use it for PR.
I suspect that he might marry Sarah and they might move somewhere else - smaller and out of the way. He can live a small quiet life outside of the public eye. To be honest sounds quiet pleasant - might not be what he wanted. But essentially he should take it if it is offered.

:previous: But why would he need to leave Royal Lodge? It's grand. It's Royal, in the heart of Windsor. He has a 100 year lease and can play paterfamilias to his loving family in the style to which he is accustomed for the rest of his life.

Personally I feel he can do what he wants to - but we will not be told about it. Maybe someone will slip it to the press , but the palace will not try to use it for PR.
I suspect that he might marry Sarah and they might move somewhere else - smaller and out of the way. He can live a small quiet life outside of the public eye. To be honest sounds quiet pleasant - might not be what he wanted. But essentially he should take it if it is offered.

> If he so wanted, I am sure he could retreat to a suitable cottage on either the Balmoral or Sandringham estates. That said, I don't think he is quite ready to dissappear completely, and is hoping for a resurrection of a public role for him.

> Any potential marriage to Sarah is a red herring, IMO. For all intents and purposes, they are together. I just don't know what a remarriage will achieve.

I doubt he'd marry Sarah. She was already unpopular and what has he got to gain from marriage to her? THey already live in the same house.. and have each other as companions... I can't see why he would leave Royal lodge as long as he can hold onto it.

Remarriage to Sarah is indeed unnecessary. But it would be a symbolic gesture and important to the tight knit York family in what has probably developed into an us-against-the-world siege mentality.

I am not sure that the fact that Sarah is unpopular even factors into things anymore. So is Andrew. It's been that way for years.

Why should they even care anymore at this point?:sad:

I am not saying that it will happen...but neither would it surprise me if it did.

If Andrew has ANY hopes of ever getting back some kind of public role, I dont think that marriage to Sarah would be a good move. I dont think he ever will be foirgiven but he may well still have hopes. He is pretty arrogant and since his interview he may well still be hoping that as time goes on, he will get back to some kind of work. ANd what's to be gained other than a marriage ceremony? They live together, they seem to be good friends, they have thier kids and grandkids together and If they want a sexual relationship, noone's going to stop them....

I do remember that. IMOI, he is unlikely to be able to get any sort of public role till he clears his name unequivoically.

The Metropolitan Police have announced today that they've looked into the case again and won't be taking any further action.

There's no way that anyone can unequivocally clear their name in a case where it's one person's word against another's, unless one of the parties admits that what they were saying was untrue. And "cancel culture" means that, as Iluvbertie said, he will be criticised even if he tries to do something useful.

It's all a bit of a mess.

One of the major sticking points against remarriage to Sarah was that no one wanted to see her doing official Duchess of York duties again...

Welp, that's no longer an (or the) issue, is it?

One potential obstacle may have been removed.

The Metropolitan Police have announced today that they've looked into the case again and won't be taking any further action.

There's no way that anyone can unequivocally clear their name in a case where it's one person's word against another's, unless one of the parties admits that what they were saying was untrue. And "cancel culture" means that, as Iluvbertie said, he will be criticised even if he tries to do something useful.

It's all a bit of a mess.

its Andrew's own fault.. so I can't feel very sorry for him. And as you say he can't really clear his name because its all "he said, she said" and it all happened years ago. Perhaps in several years time he might find that he is tolerated again but by then he problaby WILL be feeling old enough to retire.

One of the major sticking points against remarriage to Sarah was that no one wanted to see her doing official Duchess of York duties again...

Welp, that's no longer an (or the) issue, is it?

One potential obstacle may have been removed.

I think it wasn't the only sticking point. And if they remarried it would look bad, in that the 2 of them were in cahoots to use their positon and connextions to make money, it would be a reminder that their relationship has got a greedy unpleasant side to it....

There is no way he will remarry Sarah. No reason. And she seems determined to be in the spotlight, what with her books and declarations about cosmetic surgery and family unity.

If he has to disappear, it will be with a young woman who can potentially give him a male heir and no toe suck pictures with other men.

As Andrew is in his 60s, I seriously doubt he's looking for anyone to provide him with yet more children. Even a male heir probably really isn't on the top of Andrew's list of priorities at this time. The time for marriage and family planning has long since bit the dust and to be honest, I'd feel sorry for any male heir of Andrew's that would forever be "the son of the ill fated and disgraced Duke of York".

Andrew pretty much has the perfect set up as things are right now. He has a loving family without all the legal trappings and is pretty much now his own free and clear man to do whatever floats his boat. He doesn't *need* to change things up as his future is pretty much written in stone from this time forward. He'll remain pretty much out of sight and out of mind for the most part as he continues to be put out to pasture and away from public life.

If he was indeed to quietly move away to a cottage in either Balmoral or Sandringham, he may as well give up Royal Lodge, although I can't see anyone wanting to take on such a property that was occupied by the disgraced Duke of York with his dubious friendships. Perhaps the building will have to be demolished and maybe rebuilt in future?

If he was indeed to quietly move away to a cottage in either Balmoral or Sandringham, he may as well give up Royal Lodge, although I can't see anyone wanting to take on such a property that was occupied by the disgraced Duke of York with his dubious friendships. Perhaps the building will have to be demolished and maybe rebuilt in future?

With the lease that Andrew has on Royal Lodge, it's pretty much set to guarantee that the lease will stand for a family member of Andrew's (his daughters perhaps?) would continue to hold the lease on Royal Lodge should Andrew pass on. Royal Lodge is actually the perfect place for him to live out his life quietly and peacefully in secure settings and close by to family.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree that Andrew is just as unlikely to want to move away from Royal Lodge to some smaller modest residence(no way!:lol:) as he is to want to have more children at 61 years of age.

Won't happen.:cool:

The idea of anyone wanting to demolish and rebuild Royal Lodge simply because Andrew lived there is really a bit....much... to put it mildly. We are not discussing Hannibal Lector or Charles Manson here.

If every Royal dwelling that was inhabited by a disgraced Royal was demolished, there would be precious few remaining!

Last edited:
He prides himself on his unpredictable behavior.

I don't see him moving from Royal Lodge unless Charles bears down on him.

Andrew paid millions having the place renovated. The basement is a very elaborate spa.

A man named Paolo, who Beatrice dated for a while, described Andrew's yearly post-New Years wellness ritual. He gets rubbed down with scented oils for an entire week in January and the whole house reeks of the linaments. Paolo was gagging from the stench.

Regardless of the current accusations, even more so it is his pomposity and sense of entitlement that people dislike, especially now he is a non working royal.

He should look at how unpopular the Duke and Duchess of both Windsor and Sussex were, both clinging on to being royal. People would respect Andrew more if he just became Mr Mountbatten Windsor and led a quiet life. If he really does have £150 million in the bank, he could give the majority of this to charity which would improve his reputation. Why does anyone need so much money?

Well, he's certainly not going to give most of his money to charity just because the little people think he should. ;)

Even if he did, people would (pretty rightfully) say he was trying to buy his way out of ignominy.

Last edited:
Regardless of the current accusations, even more so it is his pomposity and sense of entitlement that people dislike, especially now he is a non working royal.

He should look at how unpopular the Duke and Duchess of both Windsor and Sussex were, both clinging on to being royal. People would respect Andrew more if he just became Mr Mountbatten Windsor and led a quiet life. If he really does have £150 million in the bank, he could give the majority of this to charity which would improve his reputation. Why does anyone need so much money?

A man who has had a lifetime of being pampered and deferred to so much that it's created a character that makes entitlement and arrogance and pomposity second nature to him is going to have a hard time changing his spots to conform and adapt to becoming a humanitarian, compassionate towards others in a charitable sense and actually believe that he doesn't need so much wealth and trappings of the "royal" status.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, it's impossible to disguise it as a duck billed platypus. Andrew could do all the things you suggest, royal blue, but who in their right mind would believe it's actually become Andrew's nature? I sure wouldn't. :lol:

He needs it. He may find that Charles isn't going to help him out when he becomes king.. and he can't make more money from dubious business deeals. People aren't going to respect him whatever he does now, so Im sure he will continue leading a quiet life in Windsor.... in his big house. Why not?

Back
Top Bottom