The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 12-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: N/a, United States
Posts: 6
Members of this family sure are "forgetful" when they are implicated in something serious in a court of law arent they
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 12-01-2021, 08:10 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 5,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
The Maxwell trial makes Prince Andrew look even sleazier than he looked before; I hope he never is allowed back into official life.
Whatever the outcome of this, I don't think he will ever recover from the stain..
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 12-01-2021, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He has no job so he lost nothing. He is a prince of the blood royal. That is no "job" because when he was born he already had this position anyway.
Denville was naturally referring to the Duke of York's resignation from public life. Many of his former patronages have also officially or unofficially cut ties.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It has been known for about a decade that Andrew travelled on that plane ... the pilot even gave dates but at least two of the dates the pilot gave were proven to be impossible as he was undertaking official duties in the UK according to the CC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
For so far he is not guilty to anything at all and this process is about Ms Maxwell. The accuser of the Duke, Ms Giuffre, is no part because of an earlier agreement she reached with Ms Maxwell.
Because the discussion is no longer about Prince Andrew's future in the working BRF, I will continue with my reply here. https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2440724
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 11,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Andrew's name sells papers but when they say, "The Duke of York this and that", isn't it clear that they mean Andrew's counsel? He tried to fly solo and this resulted in a disastrous interview. Since then, he's been compliant with what his team says.

They aren't going to say he learned anything personally from Ms Giuffre, of course. He can't even remember all this much about her, right? That was his defence.

The Duke has no recollection of ever meeting her. I can relate to that because I have no idea who sat next to me in the train, two days ago, let alone 20 years ago.


I see pictures of myself on parties, receptions and holidays with folks I really do not remember who they were but the proof is there: they were at the same event as me.


And then I am no royal, meeting hundreds of people in a year. So when Andrew says he has no recollection of ever meeting Ms Giuffre, this is pretty plausible (which is not the same as never having met her because that is obvious from a picture)
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 12-02-2021, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,622
Exactly. How many of us have been greeted, maybe even by name, by someone and felt extremely embarrassed because we had no idea whom the person was: we just didn't remember meeting them. Or greeted someone ourselves and then felt awkward when it became obvious that the person had no idea who we were? I always stick photos in albums and write names by them for that very reason. If I met a prince, I would definitely remember :-) . But I very much doubt that he'd remember me.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 12-02-2021, 06:53 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He has no job so he lost nothing. He is a prince of the blood royal. That is no "job" because when he was born he already had this position anyway. For so far he is not guilty to anything at all and this process is about Ms Maxwell. The accuser of the Duke, Ms Giuffre, is no part because of an earlier agreement she reached with Ms Maxwell.
He has had to give up his work as a royal, as so many charities dropped him as their patron.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 12-02-2021, 07:03 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The Duke has no recollection of ever meeting her. I can relate to that because I have no idea who sat next to me in the train, two days ago, let alone 20 years ago.


I see pictures of myself on parties, receptions and holidays with folks I really do not remember who they were but the proof is there: they were at the same event as me.


And then I am no royal, meeting hundreds of people in a year. So when Andrew says he has no recollection of ever meeting Ms Giuffre, this is pretty plausible (which is not the same as never having met her because that is obvious from a picture)
I wasn't being ironic. I'm one of the people who got terrible memory for faces. I need to see someone at least 10 times in a particular setting to commit them to memory. I'm much better with names but I'm constantly stopped in the streets by people whose faces I can't remember. It only comes with the names and the memories of the conversation - and that's with people I know that I know. With acquaintances I've seen once or twice, it's hopeless.

I do believe it's entirely possible he has no recollection of ever meeting her. He doesn't even have my benefit of being better with names because I've met much less people than he, so less to remember.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 12-02-2021, 07:07 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 11,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I wasn't being ironic. I'm one of the people who got terrible memory for faces. I need to see someone at least 10 times in a particular setting to commit them to memory. I'm much better with names but I'm constantly stopped in the streets by people whose faces I can't remember. It only comes with the names and the memories of the conversation - and that's with people I know that I know. With acquaintances I've seen once or twice, it's hopeless.

I do believe it's entirely possible he has no recollection of ever meeting her. He doesn't even have my benefit of being better with names because I've met much less people than he, so less to remember.

Of course, when the Duke has shared the bed with Ms Giuffre, it is most unlikely he does not remember her. But that is exactly something the Duke categorically denies: to have shared the bed with her.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 01-13-2022, 05:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Balmoral, United Kingdom
Posts: 537
With the news that Andrew will stop using his HRH, it seems highly unlikely he will ever return to public life.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:15 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 7,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
With the news that Andrew will stop using his HRH, it seems highly unlikely he will ever return to public life.
The official news is that he no longer is a patron of any royal patronage and that he gave up all his (honorary?) military appointments. In addition, it was said that IN THIS CASE, he would proceed as a private citizen. So, yes, it is very unlikely that he will ever return to public life but the non-use of the HRH is specific to the court case it seems, so in theory he could take it up in other context or in other times.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:22 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
With the news that Andrew will stop using his HRH, it seems highly unlikely he will ever return to public life.
He was never going to be permitted to return to public life anyway....under any circumstances.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:23 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 8,252
The Wikipedia article does not include the HRH in Prince Andrew's information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_...,_Duke_of_York
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 7,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
The Wikipedia article does not include the HRH in Prince Andrew's information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_...,_Duke_of_York
While Wikipedia is of course not an official site in any way, it is probably helpful to point out that other British royal highnesses aren't described as such either. That information is normally included under 'titles, styles, honours and arms' (or some version of that title) as it is for Andrew.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:44 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,812
Will he attend the Jubilee?
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 01-13-2022, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,622
I wouldn't have thought so.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 01-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
With the news that Andrew will stop using his HRH, it seems highly unlikely he will ever return to public life.
I think that, as the BBC's royal correspondent commented, the fact that his military roles and royal patronages are to be redistributed to other family members is the sign that his retirement from public life will be permanent.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The official news is that he no longer is a patron of any royal patronage and that he gave up all his (honorary?) military appointments. In addition, it was said that IN THIS CASE, he would proceed as a private citizen. So, yes, it is very unlikely that he will ever return to public life but the non-use of the HRH is specific to the court case it seems, so in theory he could take it up in other context or in other times.
The news that the Duke of York will stop using his HRH in an official capacity (not specifically in the court case) was not said in any official announcement but by anonymous "royal source".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ilitary-titles

However, as I said in the other thread, reputable media are reporting the anonymous source's comments as fact, which leads me to believe the source is trustworthy.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 01-13-2022, 07:15 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,362
I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.

I very much doubt we will ever see him again with any family members, outside maybe his daughters but even that is doubtful.

I suspect even his death will barely be noticed - nothing in the CC for instance or any acknowledgement of his funeral.

He will simply not be mentioned or seen again - regardless of the outcome of the case.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 01-13-2022, 07:21 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 17,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.
I seriously doubt that Andrew would ever be barred from his own mother's funeral. For Charles' coronation though, I can see him being relegated to sitting in the balcony much like the Queen Mother did for her daughter's sitting with Charles and Anne. Omitted from the oath taking. Andrew will, like Harry, remain beloved family members but totally obliterated and ostracized from anything to do with the monarchy and it's "Firm".
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 01-13-2022, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.
In what way would forbidding Beatrice and Eugenie from attending their grandmother's funeral reduce the world media's focus on Andrew's non-attendance?
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 01-13-2022, 07:34 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I seriously doubt that Andrew would ever be barred from his own mother's funeral. For Charles' coronation though, I can see him being relegated to sitting in the balcony much like the Queen Mother did for her daughter's sitting with Charles and Anne. Omitted from the oath taking. Andrew will, like Harry, remain beloved family members but totally obliterated and ostracized from anything to do with the monarchy and it's "Firm".
The Queen's funeral will be a State event so I can see Charles refusing to allow him to attend. He may be able to attend the private internment at Windsor Castle but not the public funeral at WA. Her funeral will be as big an occasion as Charles' coronation and he won't attend that either. Harry will attend both.

Anne didn't attend The Queen's Coronation. She was on the balcony at BP afterwards but didn't go to the Abbey.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stephanie's image (in and outside Monaco ) michelle Princess Stephanie and Family 49 12-29-2015 11:22 PM
the casiraghi trio dating outside their race stephanie201985 Princess Caroline and Family 81 08-13-2009 08:37 AM
Do you think Harry (or Wills) will ever date outside their race? babybird The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 167 03-14-2006 08:22 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth braganza britain britannia british royal family cadwallader camilla camilla's family camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness coronation de la cerda duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi harry and meghan hello! henry viii highgrove history ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japan history kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos liechtenstein list of rulers maria ii medical monarchist movements monarchists nara period noble families norway crown princely couple orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince harry prince of wales queen victoria royal ancestry samurai solomon j solomon spanish royal family state visit st edward tokugawa unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×