Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m under the impression that everyone believes Andrew should not even exist anymore. Whatever he does, you’ll never like him. Even if he talks to elder people on wheelchair, some will complain he did it because of the photographers around.

I think that, if many many people still support him, he must have done something good as well in his life. To me, people should be more matured and don’t believe everything they read on tabloids or merely follow the fashion.

He, like countless non-working royals, walked to the church on Xmas Day. He walked along with his family and there’s nothing wrong with it. He even stepped ahead, just behind the Wales as per the protocol. I’m glad to be able to see him around again! He’s not the devil, or at least there’s still no evidence at all he is.

really? of course he has done some good things, but the public dont necessarily have to like him... and I think htat now, very few do.

I’m under the impression that everyone believes Andrew should not even exist anymore. Whatever he does, you’ll never like him. Even if he talks to elder people on wheelchair, some will complain he did it because of the photographers around.

I think that, if many many people still support him, he must have done something good as well in his life. To me, people should be more matured and don’t believe everything they read on tabloids or merely follow the fashion.

He, like countless non-working royals, walked to the church on Xmas Day. He walked along with his family and there’s nothing wrong with it. He even stepped ahead, just behind the Wales as per the protocol. I’m glad to be able to see him around again! He’s not the devil, or at least there’s still no evidence at all he is.

I'm not sure "many" people do support him. Some private citizens with no public reputation to lose may be willing to speak amicably with him and not treat him like a complete pariah, but even that doesn't mean they believe he should have his old position back or be a public part of the RF again.

Andrew may very well have learned from his mistakes (we don't know), but he hasn't done much to rehabilitate himself at all, whether the Palace does not trust him to or not.

:previous: Going on the current royal news I was pleasantly surprised to see Andrew walking to church with his family, on his way up his expression was, as usual, thinking, like a lot of others before church. On the way back he was as animated as any of the other royals and, engaged quite happily with the crowd. His interaction with his family was as normal as he is on his own now his daughters are both newly married and walking to church together is still a thrill.

I don't understand the notion that he is going to become "the invisible man", just as at Christmas we saw him going to church as usual and to be honest, I thought his smile was wider and he had a spring in his step. Andrew is guilty of following bad advice and paying off a moral blackmailer. He has been accused of many, many, unsavoury things but, and this is important, he has never been arrested, charged, tried or convicted of anything concerning the allegations made as indeed have many of his peers.

Andrew may no longer have an office in Buckingham Palace but, contrary to the DF and others, he was not "kicked out" of either the Palace or the family. He just has no need for an office. His elder brother is facing the situation in a different way than that of his mother and has made it clear by saying nothing but inviting him to join the rest of his family for their traditional Christmas indicates quite clearly that there is "family" and then there is the "firm".

Andrew is not a pariah within his family as much as the "unbiased" media would have us believe, the video of the family show something quite different. A panel of well-known authors and journalists discussing the nature of news reporting stand noted that with Twitter hiccups journalists are relying more on actually doing their jobs instead of defining the "news" by what is trending on Twitter.

The future may lead back to one on one interviews, research etc. being the basis of royal news instead of the squeaky wheel of social media being deemed the "mood of the nation" and therefore actual news.

If many, many people still support Andrew, I have seen no evidence of it, but have seen evidence to the contrary.

I personally don't read much into members of the crowd interacting cheerfully with or calling out to Andrew. These people queued in the cold to see the Royal Family. I would expect people would call out to, and cheerfully interact with, whoever was nearest and not talking to someone else, for the opportunity to meet a member of the family. I certainly would (and have).

I don't think Andrew will be a pariah forever.
He may never be a working royal again, but he clearly has not been cast from the family.
In time, memories of the scandal will fade, and he will simply be one of the extended family.

I don't think Andrew will be a pariah forever.
He may never be a working royal again, but he clearly has not been cast from the family.
In time, memories of the scandal will fade, and he will simply be one of the extended family.

it was never on hte cards that he woud be cast out of hs family but he's not ever going to overcome the scandal, he will never work again and he's condemned to a limited life.

If many, many people still support Andrew, I have seen no evidence of it, but have seen evidence to the contrary.

I personally don't read much into members of the crowd interacting cheerfully with or calling out to Andrew. These people queued in the cold to see the Royal Family. I would expect people would call out to, and cheerfully interact with, whoever was nearest and not talking to someone else, for the opportunity to meet a member of the family. I certainly would (and have).
There are plenty of royals to call out to and chat to for a minute. I would not exactly pick out Andrew.....

it was never on hte cards that he woud be cast out of hs family but he's not ever going to overcome the scandal, he will never work again and he's condemned to a limited life.

I believe, for reasons concerning family unity, HM The King will continue to make it clear that Andrew is part of the family. While a public working role is not in the cards, Andrew will be visibly present at family events. Not state or official ones, but he will be seen as in the fold.

There are plenty of royals to call out to and chat to for a minute. I would not exactly pick out Andrew.....

Maybe he was called to because he has a bit of a "wild card" reputation. Getting an unpredictable response to a greeting or question would be newsworthy. And his newspaper chatter shows that.

Back
Top Bottom