The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2021, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
Apparently the shut-out is in full swing.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/163819...avish-banquet/

The article implies that Charles banned Andrew from attending a ceremonial dinner and representing the Grenadier Guards there.
Makes sense to me. The Grenadier Guards position Andrew holds/held was an honorary one appointed to him for no other reason than that he was a working royal and also ex-military himself. It's not a position that Andrew earned on his own merits. I can imagine that Andrew was not overly happy about this but that's the way things go when you're on the outs with the monarchy side of the family. Charles *can't* allow family members to come first over the monarchy. Ever. I don't think he ever will either.

Old 10-11-2021, 12:56 AM
Courtier

As far as Andrew's future, I suppose it all depends on his wealth. I saw that someone here estimated that he has 50 million to 150 million pounds. I doubt this, as he would have paid off the seller of the Swiss chalet he bought.

If he has indeed got that kind of money, great. He then can afford to do behind-the-scenes charity work. Perhaps for Royal Navy families. The Navy is where he did his best work.

If he has to earn, that's a problem. His instincts for people are terrible.

He might get away with a "fish out of water" reality show where he takes an ordinary job and tries to cope and then gains new-found respect for hourly wage-earners.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:33 AM
Courtier

If the story of the three siblings meeting to discuss Andrew's future is true, I'm pretty surprised at them. All 4 siblings have been involved in scandals at some point, particularly Charles. They should stay neutral.

I can see Andrew remarrying Sarah in the future. If she can redeem her reputation then he can too.

On a relateted point - does the Way Ahead group still exist?
Old 10-11-2021, 02:49 AM
Courtier

I doubt the story about the three siblings meeting. That sounds like some pablum from Clarence House.

There is no way he will remarry Sarah. There is no reason to.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:50 AM
Serene Highness

Andrew hasn't actually been convicted of anything, and he certainly won't be barred from family events, but he's blotted his copybook to the extent that he can't be allowed to represent the country or the monarchy in future, and I doubt that any charity or other organisation will want to be publicly associated with him. I'm sure the Queen won't see him go short of money, and I assume he's inherited money from Prince Philip and possibly from the Queen Mother, and no-one can stop him from flitting around the world with rich friends, and he's also got two new grandchildren with whom he'll want to spend time, but I can't see him having any sort of "role" in future.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
If the story of the three siblings meeting to discuss Andrew's future is true, I'm pretty surprised at them. All 4 siblings have been involved in scandals at some point, particularly Charles. They should stay neutral.

I can see Andrew remarrying Sarah in the future. If she can redeem her reputation then he can too.

On a relateted point - does the Way Ahead group still exist?
I honestly don't see why the three siblings would meet to "discuss Andrew's future" because, in reality, a meeting like that would entail Andrew's connection to the *monarchy* and Anne and Edward aren't likely to be consulted as much as Charles and William would be in monarchy matters because... well... they're going to be the monarchs that need to deal with Andrew. I don't see 'family" getting involved in whatever Andrew has planned or not for his own post-public life.

I believe the Way Ahead group as it was then known, has been dissolved. It was something that Philip started and headed up during the 90s, I believe.

One thing I do believe is that we're resigned to hearing about and seeing Andrew in those pictures published every so often where Andrew is spotted either riding or driving his car. Perhaps one day we'll get a break and see something a bit different? Andrew falling off his horse? Andrew getting a flat tire and sits by the roadside waiting for help? Y'know.. besides just getting "spotted".
Old 10-11-2021, 04:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I honestly don't see why the three siblings would meet to "discuss Andrew's future" because, in reality, a meeting like that would entail Andrew's connection to the *monarchy* and Anne and Edward aren't likely to be consulted as much as Charles and William would be in monarchy matters because... well... they're going to be the monarchs that need to deal with Andrew. I don't see 'family" getting involved in whatever Andrew has planned or not for his own post-public life.
Whilst it is indeed true that the decision in relation to Andrew's future role in the monarchy will probably be taken by Charles and William, IMO, it is not unreasonable to assume that Charles will have spoken to Anne and Edward to let him know how he feels, and to solicit their views.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Does Prince Andrew have any golf club memberships?
Old 10-11-2021, 05:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Does Prince Andrew have any golf club memberships?
I do not know whether he has a regular golf membership, but because of who he is, he probably has access to quite a lot of golf course, including one within the Windsor estate.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

I do not think that the siblings are conspiring against him. I think it was a few informal conversation if anything. William would have been there it was an agreement.

That been said - there is lots Andrew can do. Pretty certain that we have discussed it here before, oddly enough it is the same list of what we can expect Harry to one day do if he returns.
1. Military Attaché, envoy/ enqury. - But this might involving him assisting one of his siblings or nephew. But he would be able to still work.
2. Game Ranger - Charles has taken over Prince Philip's role as Game Ranger of the Windsor estate and others. And apparently has hired people to do the work with him signing up. I had previously suggested that he should have training Edward and Andrew to assist here - but he hired people. Edward appears to be happily restoring Bagshot to nature and Anne is running a top farm. So either they were too busy or Charles prefers to hold on to the reigns. But he really could have made use of Andrew's time.
3. Volunteer somewhere - many of the royals are still volunteering. I am pretty certain that we are unaware of some. If these royals can do it - surely Andrew can do so to.
4. Queen's Companion - while at least for the while and not been seen in public with her. But he can at least be company.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I do not think that the siblings are conspiring against him. I think it was a few informal conversation if anything. William would have been there it was an agreement.

That been said - there is lots Andrew can do. Pretty certain that we have discussed it here before, oddly enough it is the same list of what we can expect Harry to one day do if he returns.
1. Military Attaché, envoy/ enqury. - But this might involving him assisting one of his siblings or nephew. But he would be able to still work.
2. Game Ranger - Charles has taken over Prince Philip's role as Game Ranger of the Windsor estate and others. And apparently has hired people to do the work with him signing up. I had previously suggested that he should have training Edward and Andrew to assist here - but he hired people. Edward appears to be happily restoring Bagshot to nature and Anne is running a top farm. So either they were too busy or Charles prefers to hold on to the reigns. But he really could have made use of Andrew's time.
3. Volunteer somewhere - many of the royals are still volunteering. I am pretty certain that we are unaware of some. If these royals can do it - surely Andrew can do so to.
4. Queen's Companion - while at least for the while and not been seen in public with her. But he can at least be company.
Until Andrew is clearly vindicated and has cleared his name, IMO, Options 1 and 4 above are really off the menu.

As regards acting as Ranger for eithr Windsor, Sandringham or Balmoral estates, he potentially could be used, if he is willing to follow the clear direction that Charles or William will set out.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

He may be able to work privately on a royal estate but he certainly wont be acceptable as a volunteer for a chairty or doing ANYTHING Of a military nature or anything that's representing the monarch.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
He may be able to work privately on a royal estate but he certainly wont be acceptable as a volunteer for a chairty or doing ANYTHING Of a military nature or anything that's representing the monarch.

You are nailing him at the cross while today Scotland Yard has announced it will take no further action over sexual assault allegations against the Duke of York after reviewing legal documents ánd having spoken to Ms Giuffre.

There is not even any charge against the Duke, also not in the US civil procedure, he is "a person of interest" for so far. I fail to see why he should be a pariah if nothing of substance can be constructed before Justice.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:04 AM
Majesty

THat's the way it is. Charities have all dropped him like a wet rag over a year ago and IMO he wont be forgiven
Old 10-11-2021, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
THat's the way it is. Charities have all dropped him like a wet rag over a year ago and IMO he wont be forgiven

Which charities have dropped him ?
Old 10-11-2021, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

Something like being a Game Ranger might be an option. Charities, understandably, don't want to be associated with anyone controversial in case it puts off potential donors.

Organisations are becoming increasingly frightened of being associated with any sort of controversy. One TV channel recently pulled the final episode of a drama series after one of the actors was accused - in the media - of improper conduct. Sports clothing companies pull sponsorship deals with anyone accused of having posted an offensive comment on Twitter 20 years ago. Etc etc etc.

The Royal National Institute for the Deaf, the Naval Children's Charity and the Foundation for Liver Research are amongst those which have cut ties with Prince Andrew.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Which charities have dropped him ?
My understanding was that most of the charities he was associated with did not want to work with him in the wake of the interview in 2019.. and that he then had to announce that he was giving up his duties.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Last year he and Sarah tried the volunteering route and were roundly criticised for daring to do so. They were packing supplies for NHS staff. The following week Edward and Sophie were praised to the highest for doing the same thing.

Basically even volunteering is out as well - the public simply don't want Andrew to do anything at all, even if it means helping them.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Last year he and Sarah tried the volunteering route and were roundly criticised for daring to do so. They were packing supplies for NHS staff. The following week Edward and Sophie were praised to the highest for doing the same thing.

Basically even volunteering is out as well - the public simply don't want Andrew to do anything at all, even if it means helping them.
I do remember that. IMOI, he is unlikely to be able to get any sort of public role till he clears his name unequivoically.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I doubt the story about the three siblings meeting. That sounds like some pablum from Clarence House.

There is no way he will remarry Sarah. There is no reason to.
The fact that he is isolated and in deep disgrace and that she has remained steadfastly in his corner is one reason. That she continues to appeal to Andrew's vanity and overinflated ego by insisting to the world that her "handsome prince" is the greatest of men is another.

And finally the fact that he is aging, probably lonely and no one else outside his immediate family will have anything to do with him is an important third.

Never say never. There are quite a few things I thought I'd never see in the BRF that have come to pass.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968