Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
really?? i simply cant see him doig anyting like this even if he had an aptitude for it, which I dont htink he does

Isn't that was Lilyflo was saying? :flowers:

Interesting detail from the Telegraph: According to the preprinted program and seating plan, the Duke of York was supposed to not only participate in the procession along with the senior royals, but to be seated in the front row with the Duchess of Cornwall and the Princess Royal at the church service.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...andrew-banned-order-garter-public-appearance/

I meant that due ot Andrew's status, I dont think it would ever be considered as suitable work for him... if it were a prince of |Willaims generation, perhaps that issue would not arise. but I dont think Andrew's got many aptitudes anyway, and would not wnat to learn

The whole business of Prince Andrew has ended but the rubbish media won't let it lie by claiming he's somehow trying to claw his way back into public life, against the wishes of his family. The Queen's statement in January said that he would continue not to undertake any royal duties and although it's artfully worded, it can surely be taken as a permanent arrangement?

I meant that due ot Andrew's status, I dont think it would ever be considered as suitable work for him.

Andrew's status is an unrepentant friend to a convicted sex offender, lowered further by his vast payout to one of Epstein's sex-trafficked teenagers. He has rock-bottom public approval and if he wants to be useful, he needs to recognise that there's no kind of work that's beneath him. He won't do that though and his ex wife doesn't help matters by keeping up a public profile while flogging her latest book/range of overpriced tat.

The whole business of Prince Andrew has ended but the rubbish media won't let it lie by claiming he's somehow trying to claw his way back into public life, against the wishes of his family. The Queen's statement in January said that he would continue not to undertake any royal duties and although it's artfully worded, it can surely be taken as a permanent arrangement?

The fact that Andrew was supposed to attend both the service in St Paul's and the full garter programme but pulled out or was pulled out shows that the family is still figuring out how to deal with his new position. So, I don't think it has 'ended' yet.

The Queen and the Prince of Wales are the only royals whose birthdays will be marked by the flying of Union flags on UK Government buildings amid changes made in the wake of the row over the Duke of York. Andrew has been cut from the list on the Government’s website but so have the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal.

The Sun reported the wider cull of family members was made to spare any embarrassment for Andrew.

The Sun isn't exactly the most reliable of sources, but all the other papers have picked it up. I don't suppose that Camilla and the others actually give two hoots whether or not flags are flown on their birthdays, but it seems rather mean for them all to be penalised because no-one wants to say out loud that Andrew is now persona non grata. It's like a teacher punishing the whole class because one kid has misbehaved.

:previous:

I'm not clear on the source of the quote, but the amendments were published on the official website of the British Government in February. See the discussion in The Protocol Thread .

On February 11, the Government updated the list of designated days when it is compulsory for the national Union flag to be flown over government buildings in Great Britain.

Amy Sharpe of The Mirror reported that the decision was taken in consultation with Buckingham Palace and, according to an anonymous Whitehall source, it was taken due to the scandal around Prince Andrew. The update occurred four days before the Duke of York and Virginia Giuffre announced the settlement of their court case.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-andrew-hit-latest-humiliation-26215549

However, not only the Duke of York's birthday (February 19) has been removed from the list. In 2021, the list of designated days for flying the Union Flag on UK government buildings included the birthdays of:

the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall
the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
the Duke of York
the Earl and Countess of Wessex
the Princess Royal

In the updated list for 2022, the designated birthdays have been trimmed down to the Queen and the Prince of Wales.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/designated-days-for-union-flag-flying

It's most likely popping up today because of William's birthday tomorrow...

Andrew's status is an unrepentant friend to a convicted sex offender, lowered further by his vast payout to one of Epstein's sex-trafficked teenagers. He has rock-bottom public approval and if he wants to be useful, he needs to recognise that there's no kind of work that's beneath him. He won't do that though and his ex wife doesn't help matters by keeping up a public profile while flogging her latest book/range of overpriced tat.
Im referring to his status as a Prince. he was brought up differnetly to younger royals like Will and Harry, as the queen's son.. and he himself is arrogant. I dont think he would consider any kind of work other than the sort of work he is used to doing and that's out of the question. and even if he did try his hand at somehting like he idd before, packing meals for NHS staff, he would not be accepted doing that.

Im referring to his status as a Prince. he was brought up differnetly to younger royals like Will and Harry, as the queen's son.. and he himself is arrogant. I dont think he would consider any kind of work other than the sort of work he is used to doing and that's out of the question. and even if he did try his hand at somehting like he idd before, packing meals for NHS staff, he would not be accepted doing that.

He should have to learn that it is an honour to be asked to do public duties as a prince and that he has to have something besides being a queen's son. That it is just laurels in advance you get for having been born Royal but that you have to work your whole life to earn (he did in the military, IMHO) and to keep them - that he didn't when he became associated with all those oligarchs, killer princes from the orient and finally paedophils from the US.

But I doubt he can learn at his age, so he should just sit quiet at home doing nothing.At least nothing embarrassing. He has a suitable home with Royal prestige (The "Royal" Lodge), he has a Royal stable with horses close by (he could take up carriage driving, if he is bored), he surely has a valet, butler, cook and a wine cellar, a TV-set - why can't he live quietly at home, with all the trappings he is used to apart from people who lick his boots [.....]. His mother will see to it that he has enough money to spent at home, there are all kind of delivery services and there really is no need for him to venture outside apart from the one holiday or the other. A lot of heirs of old money live that way and you never hear anything about or from them. Why can't Andrew do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
well he IS sitting quietly at home and going riding so I dont know what you are saying. He is not likely to change at his age and even if he did become more humble he would not get a job of any kind in hte outside world.. whether as a charity worker or something else.. because it is nowadays considered impossible to ever make up for previous misdeeds. Besides, i think that if he said he wanted to take up something manual, for example on the royal estate, the queen would discourage him. Not that she's a snob but she is very old and has older ideas about things.

Last edited:
well he IS sitting quietly at home and going riding so I dont know what you are saying. He is not likely to change at his age and even if he did become more humble he would not get a job of any kind in hte outside world.. whether as a charity worker or something else.. because it is nowadays considered impossible to ever make up for previous misdeeds. Besides, i think that if he said he wanted to take up something manual, for example on the royal estate, the queen would discourage him. Not that she's a snob but she is very old and has older ideas about things.

My take on this thread was that we discuss about how Andrew would perceive his chances on changing his (working or current) life. My opinion is he should be happy to have what he has and be quiet from now on. For nothing he can do will change the public opinion and even if there were things he could do, he wouldn't because he is arrogant and eat humble pie is not what he wants. That's all I was saying and of course it's nothing new, but what is? And new ideas?

I dont think that he feels he has done anything wrong, but I think that even if he had, there's nothing he can do really. He is confined to the royal estates for life. I think he's probably accepted that, and will live iwht it and he seems to be living quietly, probalby visiting his mother and riding and playing golf and seeing his family. I think he knows that any kind of job is out of the question.

He is confined to the royal estates for life. I think he's probably accepted that,

While the Duke of York has not said publicly that he is seeking to regain some of his former role, there is incontrovertible evidence, in the form of contradictory public statements from the palace and programs which were inconsistent with the final arrangements, of last-minute changes to the Duke of York's attendance or position at the Duke of Edinburgh's memorial service, the Jubilee, and Garter festivities. It is hard to imagine who else, other than the Duke of York himself, would have lobbied for him to attend the Garter Day procession, for instance.

I wouldn't call that Andrew trying to get work, as such... just hoping that occasionally he can attned events such as his father's service... I think he accepts that apart form seeing friends and an occasional appearance like PHIL's memoral, he has to mostly stay on the Windsor or Balmoral estates

Although slightly simplistic, I do agree with this^^ I do worry that with the Cambridge's moving to Windsor soon the chances of Andrew being spotted regularly are higher. If anything was possible I'd defo be pushing for a quiet life at Sandringham or Balmoral - out of sight and out of mind. Realistically of course it isn't that simple.

Just pack him off to Wood Farm.

what is the point of htat? He lives in a house that he has a long lease on.. it is in a private estate where he can keep to himself and only be seen at a distance by the press. he is near the queen.... and can do his riding.

what is the point of htat? He lives in a house that he has a long lease on..

This "house" is huge! Not easy to maintain, probably very expensive to keep it up...

Do we know, what his actual financial situation is? I mean, he might have a pension from the military, but is there more?

I agree with Denville. Why "pack him off" anywhere when Andrew already has a home?

People might not like it but he has every right legally and otherwise to live at Royal Lodge.

And he doesn't show the slightest inclination to leave.

This "house" is huge! Not easy to maintain, probably very expensive to keep it up...

Do we know, what his actual financial situation is? I mean, he might have a pension from the military, but is there more?

Im sure the queen wont leave him short of enough money to maintin his house, esp as it means that he is near to her.

I agree with Denville. Why "pack him off" anywhere when Andrew already has a home?

People might not like it but he has every right legally and otherwise to live at Royal Lodge.

And he doesn't show the slightest inclination to leave.

I dont see the point of saying pack him off to X. he has to live somehwere, unless he is going to be vaporised, and it stands to reason that he is going to live on one of the estates where he will be secure and have room to do things outside. No matter where he lives, i suppose someone will complain... so why not leave him in his home, near the queen in a secure area.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree. A whole movie about a botched TV interview??

It wasn't exactly on the level of historical Nixon/Frost importance.:cool:

^ from what i understand, it's not about just the interview but the stories of the women who were behind getting it, what it was like leading up, reactions and etc.

I can definitely see this as a made for TV movie. All the elements are there. It just needs a good screenwriter, director, and good actors

Mods - feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread if necessary, but, I have a feeling, after the very prominent place Sarah had, sitting with the immediate members of the Royal Family at both services today, that Andrew's future could very likely include remarriage to Sarah.

Mods - feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread if necessary, but, I have a feeling, after the very prominent place Sarah had, sitting with the immediate members of the Royal Family at both services today, that Andrew's future could very likely include remarriage to Sarah.

Even if they did remarry I don't see a place for them in the family going forward. The Queen liked Sarah and it might have been her wish for her to attend and sit with her daughters, I don't think Charles has much time for her.

I was thinking about this, if Andrew were to remarry Sarah, would his reputation be improved a bit, even by the slightest measure? Someone who has accusations against him then settling down again in a healthy relationship, I don't know, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom