The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2022, 01:06 AM
Serene Highness

Barring any bombshell like Andrew being photographed committing a crime, or irrefutable evidence that he knowingly had sex with someone who was underage and/or sex-trafficked, him being absent from his mother's funeral will be more distracting and cause an even bigger media storm than him attending the funeral IMO.

Yes Andrew is tainted and his presence will always generate media stories and commentary that the BRF would rather not have part of the narrative, but his absence will in no way prevent media stories and commentary, and again, in some instances, may generate even more media stories and commentary.

Regarding the York princesses, likewise, they will attend their grandmother's funeral.

I don't particularly see either Charles or the York princesses being keen on the York princesses attending Charles' coronation. Having said that, what will the optics look like if relatives, friends, acquaintances and dignitaries from all over the world attend the coronation and the York princesses are absent. I suspect that whatever ill-will, or perhaps simple indifference exists, that it will be set aside in order to put on a united front and produce the right optics.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I see a lot of golf in Andrew's future, and spending time with his children and grandchildren. As for money, I suspect there are discretionary trusts that he can and will benefit from.
I think the golf is gone.

His patronages and connections with all golf clubs all went down the drain with his loss of patronages or stewardship or any honorary positions. He lost everything there regarding positions or membership in UK golf clubs.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think the golf is gone.

His patronages and connections with all golf clubs all went down the drain with his loss of patronages or stewardship or any honorary positions. He lost everything there regarding positions or membership in UK golf clubs.
It hadn't occurred to me that he might be kicked out of golf clubs because of all this. I was thinking of him as just a member of a golf club like anyone else, and that he would still play with friends.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:15 AM
Royal Highness

I expect that he might not be allowed to walk behind the coffin - but he will be in the church just ushered in later.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the Nazi loving borderline traitorous Duke of Windsor paid public tribute to his mother Queen Mary by walking behind the coffin at her funeral procession I don't see what is stopping Andrew from honoring QEII when the sad day arrives

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 01-14-2022, 02:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I have absolutely no doubts that Andrew will be at his mothers future funeral - unless he has been convicted and is in prison....

As a son of the person in the casket - an invitation shouldn’t even have to be sent ! His presence should be taken for granted.... Though he will wear morning dress with medals (yes he still has the Medals just like Harry still has his) and most likely not take part in any public processions, but arrive and depart by bus with his daughters families and the other junior branches...

Wether or not he will go to Charles coronation is a totally different thing. There i can see Charles and the Duke of Norfolk simply take him off the guest list if things are still going on by then - but not for his mothers funeral...
I agree, unless convicted, Andrew will probably attend his mother's funeral, but not the coronation of his brother or nephew.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
Who would employ him now? Andrew Windsor may be broke for the rest of his life.
Hes not Andrew WIndsor. He is the duke of York or Andrew Mountbatten windsor. And do you think that he depends on employment to make a living???
Old 01-14-2022, 05:36 AM
Serene Highness

What are your opinions on Royal Lodge, do you think he will be asked/told to move to something less expensive to run. Also Royal Lodge was a family home of the Queen when younger also her mother's home in later life so close connections there.
I had read somewhere a few months ago that William wanted it and I thought no , he will not be permitted to tell Andrew to move on , now I am not so sure.
There are newspaper stories that William wants to move to Windsor.
Love to read your views.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If the Nazi loving borderline traitorous Duke of Windsor paid public tribute to his mother Queen Mary by walking behind the coffin at her funeral procession I don't see what is stopping Andrew from honoring QEII when the sad day arrives
We live in a very different world now - also not many people knew about the Nazi connections then.
People then didn't organize rallies and marches on funerals and Christmas services. They wouldn't even organize rally and marches against the RF. Now they are rallying to do exactly that at the Jubilee.
Also not much was shared via TV. One or two pics - some video was controlled. Now everyone has a camera and a channel to show it on.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
What are your opinions on Royal Lodge, do you think he will be asked/told to move to something less expensive to run. Also Royal Lodge was a family home of the Queen when younger also her mother's home in later life so close connections there.
I had read somewhere a few months ago that William wanted it and I thought no , he will not be permitted to tell Andrew to move on , now I am not so sure.
Love to read your views.
Andrew has paid a lease on Royal Lodge until 2078 at least. It is already paid and not something he is still paying. He also paid, upfront, for the full refurbishment of Royal Lodge.

Of course Charles and William will do their best to kick him out of the home he has done up to the way he wants it and then expect the Sovereign Grant to redo it to their styles and designs and then provide Andrew with no home at all. Neither would want him on the Sandringham or Balmoral estates so that is out and on 50% of a naval pension he doesn't have a large income to afford a home now.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Love to read your views.
Depsite Andrew having a long lease on the property, I do not think a decision on the future of Royal Lodge will be made till after the case is decided or settled. Depending on how badly it all ends for Andrew, it may well be that the family do need to find a different home, perhaps one that is cheaper to run and requires a lot less staff.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I expect that he might not be allowed to walk behind the coffin - but he will be in the church just ushered in later.
He did walk behind the coffin of his father and technically the situation hasn't changed: he has been accused but not been convicted of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Barring any bombshell like Andrew being photographed committing a crime, or irrefutable evidence that he knowingly had sex with someone who was underage and/or sex-trafficked, him being absent from his mother's funeral will be more distracting and cause an even bigger media storm than him attending the funeral IMO.

Yes Andrew is tainted and his presence will always generate media stories and commentary that the BRF would rather not have part of the narrative, but his absence will in no way prevent media stories and commentary, and again, in some instances, may generate even more media stories and commentary.

Regarding the York princesses, likewise, they will attend their grandmother's funeral.

I don't particularly see either Charles or the York princesses being keen on the York princesses attending Charles' coronation. Having said that, what will the optics look like if relatives, friends, acquaintances and dignitaries from all over the world attend the coronation and the York princesses are absent. I suspect that whatever ill-will, or perhaps simple indifference exists, that it will be set aside in order to put on a united front and produce the right optics.
I really don't understand the continued focus on the York princesses and they wish for them being somehow removed from public view as well or 'punished' in any other way. They are valued members of the family as far as I can see, so of course, they will be welcome at their uncle's coronation (and later on their cousin's).
Old 01-14-2022, 06:49 AM
Majesty

For Beatrice Wedding we say them only with eh Queen and Prnce Philip. We never their parents.
Beatrice and Eugenie will still remain important members of the Royal Family.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the reports are true that it was Charles and William that pushed for this then the family may fracture with the girls not wanting anything to do with them.

If my uncle had done something like this to my father there is no way I would want to see him again - ever.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Well, you can always say, that you need to stay in quarantine because you tested positiv.
A conveniant way to solve the problem of an absence.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:56 AM
Majesty

IM sure Beatrice and Eugenie udnerstand that their father had behaved appallingly and that Charles and William and the queen have to make some gestures to minimise damage to the RF. Is Bea never going to speak to the queen because her wedding was a very small one nad her father didnt appear in the photos?
Old 01-14-2022, 07:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If the reports are true that it was Charles and William that pushed for this then the family may fracture with the girls not wanting anything to do with them.

If my uncle had done something like this to my father there is no way I would want to see him again - ever.
A few thoughts:

> You may be right, and this may have implications for family relations.

> But B&E ought to realise is this not personal and that the Queen, Charles and William have acted to protect the Crown above all.

> Also, the Queen is not a shrinking violet and has been a pretty successful CEO for 70 years. If she disagreed on the course of action, yesterdays statement would not have been put out.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
His daughti shouldn't be guilty by association at all, but things would be more clear cut if the HRH title was only for working royals. Why should Beatrice, Eugeie and Prince Michael fir example be HRH, yet Harry, Meghan and Andrew aren't?
Because they are. It has nothing to do with being working royals, it is simply that they are grandchildren of the monarch, from the male line
Old 01-14-2022, 08:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Well, you can always say, that you need to stay in quarantine because you tested positiv.
A conveniant way to solve the problem of an absence.
Why would anyone need to lie? He will be at his mother's funeral.. I think hel will also be at the coronation, but in a private capacity....
Old 01-14-2022, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

Who knows what Eugenie's and Beatrice's attitudes to the whole Epstein thing is and their husbands?
Maybe they adapted their father's view on royal role&position, flying above the ground, far far away from reality, maybe not we do not know but it is very likely if Andrew did his bit to their upbringing.That they seem to behave in public is here not the point.
How must it feel to know your dad calls a pedophile his friend and insists on the relationship.
How does it feel if your dad has been accused to have sex with girls your age (or even younger?) consent irrelevant at this point.
E&B have gone through a lot with both their parents, but now they are adults and married to (probably) more normal men who give their bit aswell.
I do not believe everything is just lovely and at peace within the York family, Fergie might be an exception as Andrew is her cow to milk and gives her the only importance she ever had in public life but children unless they are totally manipulated make up their own minds and children-in-law aswell. Maybe I am naive but I hope they make up their own mind!