The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2022, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen's funeral will be a State event so I can see Charles refusing to allow him to attend. He may be able to attend the private internment at Windsor Castle but not the public funeral at WA. Her funeral will be as big an occasion as Charles' coronation and he won't attend that either. Harry will attend both.

Anne didn't attend The Queen's Coronation. She was on the balcony at BP afterwards but didn't go to the Abbey.
I do not think Charles will prohibit his brother from attending their mother's funeral. I think there was better reason for The Duke of Windsor to be excluded from attending the funeral of George VI yet he was there. Andrew has behaved very poorly but he has not been convicted of a crime. Unless that status changes in the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at his brother's coronation, either.

Old 01-13-2022, 07:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

The statement from BP says he will not do any public duties and both the Funeral and Coronations are that - public duties.

That is why I think he may be able to attend the private internment at St George's Chapel but not the funeral at WA.

Charles is a lot more vindictive than The Queen and he wants his brother gone from public life and from all aspects of it. I doubt that Charles and Andrew will ever be in the same place at the same time again ever. I also don't think William and Andrew will ever be at the same place at the same time again. I can even see a situation where The Queen never has all four children in the one place again. Anne also has a hard streak which I am sure will see her refuse to be anywhere near Andrew again and Edward will follow his brother and sister's lead - Andrew will have no one other than his daughters going forward.

Old 01-13-2022, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Who would employ him now? Andrew Windsor may be broke for the rest of his life.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I doubt that Andrew will ever again attend any official public event, even The Queen's funeral or his brother's coronation as they aren't just public events but state occasions.

I am also not sure if his daughters will be attending these events given that their attendance will immediately focus the world's media on Andrew's non-attendance.

I very much doubt we will ever see him again with any family members, outside maybe his daughters but even that is doubtful.

I suspect even his death will barely be noticed - nothing in the CC for instance or any acknowledgement of his funeral.

He will simply not be mentioned or seen again - regardless of the outcome of the case.
I can see the York Princesses missing Uncle Wales's coronation either by choice or by coercion...but their beloved grandmother's funeral should be off limits too?

How far down the line does this "guilt by blood relation" extend?

Are August and Sienna included as well??

I remember reading suggestion years ago that Andrew would barred from his own father's eventual funeral due to "optics".

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 01-13-2022, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Andrew Windsor would go to funerals, I presume. But, I don't know where he would sit because of the protocol.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
Nah, not broke! The Windsors share their personal fortunes among their relatives - and I don't think, he will be disinherited by his mommy with an reported net worth of over 500 million nice US Dollar.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
No one but then he is close to the retirement age in the UK anyway and he does have his navy pension of around 20,000 pounds per year, although half of that has to be paid to Sarah as part of their divorce settlement. If that is his only income then he will have to cut his costs massively and his accuser won't be able to get a big payout.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Andrew Windsor would go to funerals, I presume. But, I don't know where he would sit because of the protocol.
He isn't Andrew Windsor. He is at least His Grace The Duke of York.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I can see the York Princesses missing Uncle Wales's coronation either by choice or by coercion...but their beloved grandmother's funeral should be off limits too?

How far down the line does this "guilt by blood relation" extend?

Are August and Sienna included as well??

I remember reading suggestion years ago that Andrew would barred from his own father's eventual funeral due to "optics".
Why would his daughters be punished ? They did nothing wrong !
Old 01-13-2022, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

PR - the moment the York princesses attend any official event the media will run all the sordid details about their father's actions.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:47 PM
Courtier

His daughti shouldn't be guilty by association at all, but things would be more clear cut if the HRH title was only for working royals. Why should Beatrice, Eugeie and Prince Michael fir example be HRH, yet Harry, Meghan and Andrew aren't?
Old 01-13-2022, 09:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Being stripped of his patronages and honorary ranks per se doesn't change the order of precedence. In the future reign, all things being equal, Andrew will be accorded the precedence of a brother of the Sovereign.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

I have absolutely no doubts that Andrew will be at his mothers future funeral - unless he has been convicted and is in prison....

As a son of the person in the casket - an invitation shouldn’t even have to be sent ! His presence should be taken for granted.... Though he will wear morning dress with medals (yes he still has the Medals just like Harry still has his) and most likely not take part in any public processions, but arrive and depart by bus with his daughters families and the other junior branches...

Wether or not he will go to Charles coronation is a totally different thing. There i can see Charles and the Duke of Norfolk simply take him off the guest list if things are still going on by then - but not for his mothers funeral...
Old 01-13-2022, 10:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry and Meghan are - they can't use HRH for commercial purposes anymore than Beatrice or Eugenie can.

Even Andrew is still HRH but can't use it.

Until the Queen issues Letters Patent to formally strip them of HRH Prince/Princess they still hold them but three have been asked to not use them when making money and the other has been asked to not use it at all. There is a difference.
Old 01-13-2022, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find it difficult to believe Beatrice and Eugenie will lose anything because of Andrew’s problems. That’s not right imo. And that would truly be very bad optics imo.

I actually think Andrew being barred from his mother’s funeral would be bad optics too. To me- that looks bad. Heartless. Short of being in prison- she’s his mother. Charles’ coronation- well- that’s a different matter.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I don't think he will be employed. Supported, maintained, more like that.

If he and Fergie just retreat, live modestly and become fabulous grandparents, that would be good.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
PR - the moment the York princesses attend any official event the media will run all the sordid details about their father's actions.
They can hardly be blamed for that though, can they?

I remember during the height of Squidygate and the sex talk tapes between Charles and his then mistress Camilla reading that the Wales children were teased mercilessly at school.

Eventually the media buzzes off and finds a juicier mess. They always do.

I highly doubt that as B & E enter middle age the tabloids will still be running stories about Andrew every time his daughters show up somewhere.

This too shall pass. Nothing against the princesses....both of whom I find rather sympathetic. ...but in the larger scheme of things they simply are not that important enough to go after.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 01-14-2022, 12:05 AM
Majesty

I can?t see Andrew doing that much with his life from now on, to be honest. After Covid he may travel a bit, play golf a lot, privately invest what money he has left and perhaps play the Stockmarket (following advice) to do so. I can?t see him in any paid position anywhere.

He could do some unsung charity work I suppose as ex minister John Profumo did in the 1960s following the ?Profumo Affair? that took a wrecking ball to the Macmillan govt in the UK. Profumo redeemed himself by doing that for several decades, but I really can?t see that being Andrew?s cup of tea, and, with the media the way they are now, who would take the chance of employing him in such a position?

He?s likely to be a peripheral royal figure from now on, only seen every now and again at Sandringham and Balmoral at royal family get togethers. He has grandchildren and is likely to have more, so may spend time with them, playing grandpa as they grow up..
Old 01-14-2022, 12:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I don't think he will be employed. Supported, maintained, more like that.

If he and Fergie just retreat, live modestly and become fabulous grandparents, that would be good.
And Father Christmas comes on the 25th of December too. Can someone really imagine them doing that ? Of course it must be really difficult to do when you are used to being the center of attention !
Old 01-14-2022, 12:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I see a lot of golf in Andrew's future, and spending time with his children and grandchildren. As for money, I suspect there are discretionary trusts that he can and will benefit from.