Andrew & Sarah: Marriage, Divorce and Divorce Settlement

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I think they are really soulmates that even through divorce they are still happy and friends with each other.

I wonder that too but I know there are "forces" behind that decision and we know who.

Actually, I think they are really soulmates that even through divorce they are still happy and friends with each other.

I wonder that too but I know there are "forces" behind that decision and we know who.
Since they have both been involved wit many other lovers in the past years, I doubt if they consider themselves "soulmates" or stil married...

:previous: I wonder if we will be seeing a photo or two of the two of them celebrating their anniversary with a romantic dinner for two in some romantic restaurant as has so often happened. For that reason, I have always wondered if they have never really considered themselves actually divorced.

They've both dated other people both publicly and privately and well in the case of Andrew allegedly more disturbing issues, so I doubt they still consider that they're married to one another, though they may or may not be the most important (not including their daughters) person in each others lives.

There's no indication that they got divorced against their will in the slightest and there were many problems in their marriage, although they obviously have come to a good place with each other.

Since they have both been involved wit many other lovers in the past years, I doubt if they consider themselves "soulmates" or stil married...

That's beside the point. You can still be soulmates, nonetheless. So how do you explain why they chose to live in one roof since 2008 and that's after the divorce?

The first thing that popped into my head was a statement Andrew made once upon a time that I'll paraphrase as him saying "Sarah is like my third child". I can't find the exact quote now but I believe it was said around the cash for access sting back in 2010.

They still care about each other and look out for each other and support each other and their family which doesn't, to me, require a marriage license. Sarah, herself, has stated that they have "the happiest divorce on Earth".

They've found a happy medium that works for them and I don't see that changing by a remarriage. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Now, if only all marriages that ended in divorce could end up being like Andrew and Sarah's, I think this world would be a much happier place. These two people have taken divorce to a totally different plateau and have made it work for them and has endured through the decades.

Perhaps they should make a Lifetime movie out of this and call it "Divorcing Mr. and Mrs. Right." That'd be a real twist to a love story wouldn't it? :D

Now, if only all marriages that ended in divorce could end up being like Andrew and Sarah's, I think this world would be a much happier place. These two people have taken divorce to a totally different plateau and have made it work for them and has endured through the decades.

Perhaps they should make a Lifetime movie out of this and call it "Divorcing Mr. and Mrs. Right." That'd be a real twist to a love story wouldn't it? :D

Indeed, you said it right. Everything is inevitable in a relationship and it's nice to seem them both together and their children very supportive about what they have now without having to be bitter about the past.

It would be nice, indeed.:flowers:

Delightfully indiscreet, Sarah gave a toast at a private birthday party for American tycoon Ernie Boch Jr. in Massachusetts and said the following:

"And yes, I do live in Royal Lodge with my handsome Prince who is the best looking prince of the whole darn lot."

Source:

When do you think Sarah and Andrew will re-marry? Will it be later in 2021 or 2022?

When will Sarah and Andrew re-marry?

When do you think Sarah and Andrew will re-marry? Will it be later in 2021 or 2022?

Honestly, never.

I've never particularly been on the "they're just waiting for Philip to die" train. That's based on tabloid stories from 20 years ago and has since become an unchanging fact.

The other reason is that they seemed perfectly happy with the set up they have now, however they want to change it? Why bring in a whole lot more controversy into the current situation. It would just mean more digging into their private lives and finances as "justified". I have no idea about currently but they have both dated other people in the time that they were co raising their daughters together.

And considering both of them were invovled with Epstein, which has damaged their reputations still further, they would be very foolish to remarry.. even if they wanted to.

I think they are not going to remarry. Andrew and Sarah must be fine like that. They've been married once. They must not miss missing their remarriage. If they are fine, let them be like that.

Last edited:
What comes to mind for me when I think of Andrew and Sarah's relationship, it's "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". What they have now works for them.

What comes to mind for me when I think of Andrew and Sarah's relationship, it's "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". What they have now works for them.

Depends what you call broke. I think that thier ongoing relationship has embroiled them in financial and other sscandals which has diminished their reputations seriously.. and probalby on a personal level, the fact that Sarah has clung onto him has prevented each of them from finding a new serious relationship.

I used to believe that they were likely to remarry someday. However, with the scandal of the last couple of years, I don't really see that ever happening. Andrew would do well to stay out of the headlines and goodness knows their remarriage would generate headlines. Sarah seems to be quite content with her new grandchildren and her Youtube reading show. So, maybe it's best to let sleeping dogs lie and allow them to continue on as they have been for years without the chaos that would come with remarriage.

I used to believe that they were likely to remarry someday. However, with the scandal of the last couple of years, I don't really see that ever happening. Andrew would do well to stay out of the headlines and goodness knows their remarriage would generate headlines. Sarah seems to be quite content with her new grandchildren and her Youtube reading show. So, maybe it's best to let sleeping dogs lie and allow them to continue on as they have been for years without the chaos that would come with remarriage.

Prince Andrew no longer performing royal duties would make them MORE likely to re-marry surely? It's very difficult indeed to imagine Sarah settling down to the restrictions life would bring her if she re-married a husband who was still a working royal. What would be the reason for a re-marriage though? Both are together when they want to be, their children are now adults and re-marriage would simply bring the spotlight back onto them in ways both would find difficult and unwelcome.

Precisley,. Even if Andrew never goes back to royal duties, he must know that a remarraige to Sarah would make him even more disliked than he is now.. and surely he doesn't want that? And I doubt if he wantted to marry her again anyway. it didnt work out first time, its not going to work out now.

I don't think Andrew can be disliked more than he is now, actually. Judging from comments on the Daily Mail anyway, Sarah is better-liked than him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they quietly remarried someday at All Saints' Chapel in Windsor, walking distance from Royal Lodge. Previously they probably would've wanted any remarriage to be a huge ostentatious celebration, but Covid has changed everyone's expectations. If Beatrice and Edo could marry at All Saints' Chapel with a handful of guests, there's no reason Andrew and Sarah might not do so someday.

I really don't think Andrew has anything to lose by marrying Sarah anymore. Mostly, it seems like he is extremely reviled by a large percentage of the public, while Sarah is viewed as something more akin to an eccentric aunt.

I don't think they will ever remarry. The only change I see would be that Sarah attending more royal events and that's it.

They did go their separate ways it seems with their being involved with other people. I don't think they were pining for each other all those years. I don't think it will happen. Sorry, I double posted. Could the posts be combined?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Andrew can be disliked more than he is now, actually. Judging from comments on the Daily Mail anyway, Sarah is better-liked than him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they quietly remarried someday at All Saints' Chapel in Windsor, walking distance from Royal Lodge. Previously they probably would've wanted any remarriage to be a huge ostentatious celebration, but Covid has changed everyone's expectations. If Beatrice and Edo could marry at All Saints' Chapel with a handful of guests, there's no reason Andrew and Sarah might not do so someday.

I really don't think Andrew has anything to lose by marrying Sarah anymore. Mostly, it seems like he is extremely reviled by a large percentage of the public, while Sarah is viewed as something more akin to an eccentric aunt.

Sarah has been pretty unpopular for a long time. She was something of a laughing stock before the divorce and her lifestyle since then has not made her popular at all.. Andrew is certainly and deservedly disliked, but it could be worse and I doubt if he is so much in love with Sarah that he wants to remarry her, knowing that he might be even more disapproved of. Sarah was involved with Epstein as well.. she and Andrew both share the love of money that led them into this unsavoury relationship.

Why could they want to remarry? Maybe Andrew would want to give Sarah more security? Maybe she wants to have the HRH back? Maybe they would do it for the kids? Maybe it would be a thread to get more money out of Charles? The fact that the queen did actually order mornng dress instead of allowing Andrew the admiral's uniform (and I think Harry wouldn't have minded to wear a Major's uniform, the one he has worked for!) so I guess it was because of Andrew has shown him that his mother will not forget. She loves him but he has strayed too much. So maybe he could get remarried without loosing anything, but on making Sarah a "honest woman" again and have careful PR now that he is a grandfather and the papers might let loose. Maybe after his mother's death...

The only reason I can think of is without being Andrew's wife they won't be able to be buried together at the royal burial ground at Frogmore. If Sarah is his wife then she could be buried beside him there but otherwise separate burials or he has to be buried somewhere else. Only royals and their spouses can be buried in the Royal Burial Ground.

If they announced they were getting remarried then a lot of things that they potentially want to keep quiet including both their personal lives, scandals before and after divorce, dodgy connections, finances over the last 30 years would become fair game to the media, as well as anything Sarah wants to do in the future. No she wouldn't now be required to start doing royal duties again since her husband is "retired" but there would still be a spotlight on them in ways I'm sure they don't want. And that's just assuming that they would get remarried at All Saints, Windsor and wouldn't try to get somewhere more grand.

I can't imagine them doing it for Sarah's HRH or the kids at this late stage either.

The "kids" are in their 30s and married. What woud it do for them??? and "making Sarah an honest woman"? Sarah has been divorced from him for 20 years, she has had her own life and other lovers, so has he.
I think the concept of marriage making someone "an honest woman" has long since gone..
If Sarah had been his girlfirend for a long time and they had had childrne he might want later in life to marry her but that wasn't the case

Last edited:
The only reason I can think of is without being Andrew's wife they won't be able to be buried together at the royal burial ground at Frogmore. If Sarah is his wife then she could be buried beside him there but otherwise separate burials or he has to be buried somewhere else. Only royals and their spouses can be buried in the Royal Burial Ground.

It would also allow them to jointly attend family events. If the Duke and Duchess of York were still married, I assume the latter would have been invited to her father-in-law's funeral, and they would have been seated together at Princess Eugenie's wedding rather than arriving separately.

It would also allow them to jointly attend family events. If the Duke and Duchess of York were still married, I assume the latter would have been invited to her father-in-law's funeral, and they would have been seated together at Princess Eugenie's wedding rather than arriving separately.
Andrew is rarely seen in public now, so I dont think that she'd miss much... except a few events like chirstenings where we wouldnt see pics of her and Andrew anyway. Look how they were both left out of B's wedding.

There's no law stopping them getting married again but I doubt she'd ever regain her HRH after the last debacle of being caught trying to sell access to Andrew. Knowing that she'd be denied the HRH might deter them as it would be hugely embarrassing & humiliating for them and their daughters..

Back
Top Bottom