Andrew & Sarah: Marriage, Divorce and Divorce Settlement

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been able to watch Dman's video. It doesn't seem to load, all I'm getting is a blank when I click. Anyone got any suggestions or would it be my geographical location, or could someone post a link in some other format?

Thanks for any help.

I would love to see The Duke of York and Sarah back together

While Andrew and Sarah have a good relationship for a divorced couple, and he has been helpful to her in her difficulties, I think when your ex-husband refers to you as his 3rd child he clearly has moved on.

Andrew was so handsome and dashing back in the day!

I seriously wish Prince Andrew finds a nice woman to settle down. Or atleast he should be happy being single for the rest of his life..
Of course there is no way Sarah is gonna re-marry as she cant sell her pseudo-royal status anymore..and globe-trot.
She is the most selfish and manipulating woman..How come right from her Twitter account, to every function and event she attends, she gets herself introduced as Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York..
Doesnt she, having once been at the core of royalty, have a shred of common sense, which I, literally on other side of globe, has..
Will she ever understand Duchess of York is given her in place of her surname..and for God's sake she can never be Sarah Ferguson, who is The Duchess of York..
I guess there is no point of questioning someone who makes a living on fakeness..
I am sure most of you may find it offensive..But I strongly feel this woman is nowhere fit around royalty..
Now please dont justify "others introduce her not her mistake and all"..What about Twitter? And does anyone participate in any show without knowing what is being told about oneself?
All these may feel trivial for some, but for those who love royalty, the words Prince/Princess/Duchess etc. are very precious..And British are gladly one royalty which are very specific and dont loosely use the words Prince/Princess on every individual present in a 3-generation family potrait..

I'm not sure they fell out of love. I think Sarah fell out of love with being a member of the Royal Family.

Nothing I can point to to back up my opinion, just a feeling I have.

I dont understand why people blame Royal Family for this.Sarah always said "My husband was always at sea" was the reason.. What has this to do with being royal? Do wives of every navy officer do things she has done?

And regarding "men in grey"..Blaming a third person (not even the other man/woman) is the DUMBEST DUMBEST DUMBEST thing you can ever do.. Bad luck she dint have a "crowded marriage" to blame..

Both British Princes did the same..

You know, despite their divorce, I really don't think the love and friendship between them ever died. It seems like despite the scandals and all the bad press they've encountered, Andrew & Sarah have managed to keep their family together by loving and supporting each other no matter what.

Prince Charles never uttered a word against Diana..and did all he could and should for their kids..
Prince Andrew did exactly the same..
But their wives totally behaved in diametrically opposite directions..
Diana blamed Camilla..Sarah blamed Navy and Palace..
Diana made sure people hate and loathe Prince Charles (she is still successful and will be forever)..
Sarah made people sympathise with Andrew as sort of "victim of corcumstance"...

Well, there's no doubt that Andrew & Sarah have made some mistakes in life. Humans make mistakes and the royals are human.

I'm not going to talk about The Waleses in this forum.

I just personally admire the Yorks for not allowing their mistakes and press rubbish to breakup their family. They have remained a close, loving and supportive family and I think that's great.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinions of Andrew and Sarah, it's my personal opinion that they have achieved the most important success in life -- to raise two well-adjusted and respectful daughters.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinions of Andrew and Sarah, it's my personal opinion that they have achieved the most important success in life -- to raise two well-adjusted and respectful daughters.

I agree. Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie are great girls and I think that's due to them having very good parents. The girls are involved in great charities and Eugenie will have a hospital ward named after her.

I dont understand why people blame Royal Family for this.Sarah always said "My husband was always at sea" was the reason.. What has this to do with being royal? Do wives of every navy officer do things she has done?

And regarding "men in grey"..Blaming a third person (not even the other man/woman) is the DUMBEST DUMBEST DUMBEST thing you can ever do.. Bad luck she dint have a "crowded marriage" to blame..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the Royal Family by any stretch. I simply think Sarah wasn't cut out for Royal life. There are lots of benefits being Royal but also lots of restrictions - i don't think Sarah wanted those restrictions or to modify her behaviour.

I also think she was treated very cruelly by the British media. I'm not saying Sarah didn't do things that deserved criticism, she did, but the whole Duchess of Pork thing was wrong. I know she got very positive press when she first married Andrew but once the worm turned the press were vicious towards her. This happened because she was a member of the Royal Family.

Yeah, the press making fun of her weight was terrible. The British tabloids pretty much danced on Sarah's tonsils whenever they felt like it and they enjoyed it. She made some mistakes in her life but she didn't deserve that kind of treatment.

I think Sarah tried to to cope with royal life the best way she could. It's not easy being a senior member of the royal family. She was fun though and that's one of the reasons why the royals liked her.

...I also think she was treated very cruelly by the British media...
Hmm..that was the misfortune of being the first royal house whose greenest of youth had to face the full-blown media and paparazzi explosion. And no one till then realised how much it would stress the newcomers..Diana and then Sarah..Neither they were prepared to handle it nor the royals were prepared to handle them..
Anyways, it was a great lesson for all other European reigning houses..and things were taken care of appropriately by the time a whole new generation of heirs and heiresses 'came to age'...The Japanese were an entirely different story, though, will never break cocoons of IHA

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Sarah did fall out of love with Andrew she had several affairs one while she was married and there was a time Sarah was not so kind to Andrew. That was while she was globetrotting around the world with Johnny Bryant and had lot's of money. Sarah seems to have gotten closer to Andrew when all her money worries happened. Andrew calls her his third child that says volumes about their relationship. They might be friends but I don't see them ever remarrying and Sarah will never be allowed back into the Royal Family. Sarah has been very good at blaming everybody for things that have happened and I am yet to see her take responsibility for any of her own actions. I doubt she will remarry if she dates she keeps it very quiet cause it doesn't suit her to let people know that she is especially while she lives in her ex husbands house. I think it would be great for Andrew to meet someone again but I'm afraid with an ex wife under the same roof very few women would be that happy or able to deal with it. The way things are at the moment Sarah still get's to live the high life with none of the responsibilities or duties of a Royal I doubt she would cope any better then she did last time around. Sarah doesn't have the attitude or personality to be a member of the Royal Family she never did and I don't see any change in her. Yes the press could be cruel and unkind but she bought a lot of it onto herself too. I don't see The Queen or Prince Charles allowing her back into the fold anytime soon.

I think Sarah did fall out of love with Andrew she had several affairs one while she was married and there was a time Sarah was not so kind to Andrew... I don't see The Queen or Prince Charles allowing her back into the fold anytime soon.

Thanks for saying this. Sometime we forget what happened. There was a lot of dysfunction in the RF that became obvious in the 1990s. It was a very public exposure due to some bad personal choices and the press' obsessiveness with celebrity. (and Sarah and Diana were celebrities in addition to being in the Royal Family).

I think the family has evolved in a good way. It's still sad to hear that it's possible that the Queen and Prince hold the keys to the gates.

I have a question. I am pretty sure that if The Duchess of York remarries, she will no longer be The Duchess of York. If The Duke of York remarries, will there be two Duchesses?

I have a question. I am pretty sure that if The Duchess of York remarries, she will no longer be The Duchess of York. If The Duke of York remarries, will there be two Duchesses?

No. Sarah is no longer The Duchess of York. Like the ex wife of any other peer she uses her Christan name and then the female version of her former husbands title so she is called Sarah, Duchess of York without the "The". If Andrew were ever to marry again his new wife would be HRH The Duchess of York while his ex wife would still be Sarah, Duchess of York.

What Sarah would call herself after remarriage would be anyones guess. She would not be the first ex wife of a peer who continued to use her former husbands title. Raine Spencer comes to mind. She married and divorced a French count and after the divorce she resumed being known as Raine, Countess Spencer. Presumably there is more cache in using a well known British title than a French one. Since Sarah makes a living off of being Andrew's ex wife it would not surprise me if she continued to be known as Sarah, Duchess of York for commercial reasons even if she married a Mr Smith.

No. Sarah is no longer The Duchess of York. Like the ex wife of any other peer she uses her Christan name and then the female version of her former husbands title so she is called Sarah, Duchess of York without the "The". If Andrew were ever to marry again his new wife would be HRH The Duchess of York while his ex wife would still be Sarah, Duchess of York.

What Sarah would call herself after remarriage would be anyones guess. She would not be the first ex wife of a peer who continued to use her former husbands title. Raine Spencer comes to mind. She married and divorced a French count and after the divorce she resumed being known as Raine, Countess Spencer. Presumably there is more cache in using a well known British title than a French one. Since Sarah makes a living off of being Andrew's ex wife it would not surprise me if she continued to be known as Sarah, Duchess of York for commercial reasons even if she married a Mr Smith.

I agree she might want to do that, but it wouldn't be her legal name would it?

Yes - just as other women continue to use their name from before their marriage as their legal name Sarah could still continue to, legally, use her name from her first marriage during a second or subsequent marriage.

Sarah has two name options at the moment - to revert to her maiden name or continue using the divorced style of the wife of a peer. If she married a second time she would then have three options - her maiden name, the divorced style of the wife of a peer or the name/style of the wife of her second husband. Should that marriage end she could still use that name, or revert to either of the other options.

I doubt Sarah will remarry if she hasn't by now and even if she did she get's too much mileage out of the Duchess of York moniker. It is what gives her the attention she wants.

I doubt Sarah will remarry if she hasn't by now and even if she did she get's too much mileage out of the Duchess of York moniker. It is what gives her the attention she wants.

It might be giving her a lot of attention, but I don't think it's giving her much happiness.

Sarah's not old. She might not want to remarry now, but she might change her mind if she meets someone she wants to marry.

Loving that Andrew's offspring are being pushed down the line via this pregnancy. Can't stand him or his dreadful ex-wife.

What is Sarah doing these days anyway?

Loving that Andrew's offspring are being pushed down the line via this pregnancy. Can't stand him or his dreadful ex-wife.
Erm . . . not sure what you are getting at here. Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie all move down the order of sucession with the birth of William and Catherine's child. OK, that's a fact we all understand so what's with the big personal snipe about Andrew and Sarah? Or did you mean their daughters as well?

Let's stay on topic.

The birth of the Cambridge baby has NOTHING to do what Andrew's & Sarah's Marriage, Divorce or Divorce Settlement.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

That's my feeling as well and the girls shouldn't be tarred with the same brush that people use for their parents. The princesses deserve better.

Back
Top Bottom