Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Attractive bulk?

Old 04-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The only reason I can think of is without being Andrew's wife they won't be able to be buried together at the royal burial ground at Frogmore. If Sarah is his wife then she could be buried beside him there but otherwise separate burials or he has to be buried somewhere else. Only royals and their spouses can be buried in the Royal Burial Ground.
There is possibly another reason. With their ties to Epstein and Maxwell, they could be called on to testify in court. If they are married, they cannot be compelled to testify against each other.

Old 01-26-2022, 08:43 PM
Majesty

The Real Reason Prince Andrew and Sarah got divorced
Old 01-27-2022, 01:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's almost startling to see those photos and remember how attractive those two were, individually and as a couple.

I stayed up all night for their wedding. It was very beautiful and fun and romantic. More successful than the Wales wedding five years earlier in every respect imo.

Time is so cruel, so merciless.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 01-27-2022, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think that the signs were there that Sarah was not really likely to work out as a royal wife.. even at the beginning. I think Andrew did love her and was hurt and hardened by her infidelity and her getting fed up with him...
Old 01-27-2022, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

They were cute, once, and did seem very sweetly sincere. Even so, though:
-it’s still like watching a pair of unsupervised puppies
-and it’s quite striking and telling (and another warning sign) how much Sarah seems to be the “mature” one here…
-and plus! Andrew’s terrible memory/obliviousness may in fact be a thing.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think that the signs were there that Sarah was not really likely to work out as a royal wife.. even at the beginning. I think Andrew did love her and was hurt and hardened by her infidelity and her getting fed up with him...
Perhaps that's why she is so steadfastly loyal to him now...residual guilt?

I don't believe that he was an ideal husband either. He was self-absorbed and could have/should have stood up for her to the bullying courtiers more than he did.

In other words, they failed one another and result has been more catastrophic for the monarchy and themselves personally than anyone could have ever foreseen.

1927-2022
Old 01-27-2022, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Perhaps that's why she is so steadfastly loyal to him now...residual guilt?

I may be too cynical, but I believe Fergie's loyalty is directly connected to the fact that he is her meal ticket.

She could never have the lifestyle she now enjoys if he hadn't taken her in, and had his staff treat her as his de facto wife.
Old 01-28-2022, 12:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree that might have been true in the past, but what about today?

He has been literally stripped of everything except the roof over his head. He is in the deepest disgrace of his life?

What's in it for Sarah?

1927-2022
Old 01-28-2022, 01:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

He has been literally stripped of everything except the roof over his head. He is in the deepest disgrace of his life?

What's in it for Sarah?
As of now, being with Andrew still gives her a degree of financial security and a partner to be with. I do not think she has had many successful relationships since her divorce. Cynical as it may sound, I just do not think she has much going on for her outside of her relationship with Andrew.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

What's in it for Sarah?
who else has she got? I think she's fond of Andrew, enjoys his company as a friend.. and is grateful for his loyalty. But years ago, she got fed up with him being so dull, being away a lot, and htought that she could do better, that she could find a richer man, who was a doting husband.. and she would not be bound by the restricitons of royal life.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As of now, being with Andrew still gives her a degree of financial security and a partner to be with. I do not think she has had many successful relationships since her divorce. Cynical as it may sound, I just do not think she has much going on for her outside of her relationship with Andrew.
Andrew is still well off, in that his mother will provide for him for life. and yes, I think that most of Sarah's relationships haven't worked out.. whereas Andrew is still loyal to her.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

What's in it for Sarah?

He is still a prince of the blood royal, he still is a Duke and still lives on a fabulous accomodation in 40 hectares of lush green land at Windsor. Still better than living on benefits in a terraced house in Hull.