Andrew & Sarah: Marriage, Divorce and Divorce Settlement

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they were to remarry, the press would probably dredge up all the old scandals.
They'd be better off leaving well enough alone, imo

Im sure they are going to. I dont know why people seem to beleive that they will remarry, Sarah might like it but I think that Andrew while he is fond of her, and enjoys her company, sin't interested in another marriage.

What if they’re already married and we just don’t know?
Why else would Sarah have such a prominent seat with the royal family (even if not with Andrew) at the queens state funeral?
Even at Harry’s wedding she wasn’t seated with the royal family.

Philip was alive when Harry married and he wouldn't allow Sarah to be placed publicly with the family in his lifetime.

Wouldn't Andrew need Charles's permission to marry anyone let alone Sarah?

not if he's not in the first 6 in line for the throne.. and he's not.

He is currently 8th in the line of succession, so he wouldn't.

Only six first would need Charles III's permission (both sons are already married and grandchildren are still children :flowers:;))

IMHO one reason for him to marry her wouldto make sure people are aware that his "ideal of beauty" is not a 17 yo (or even younger) but a wife with knowledge of life (and grown up laughter, like Camilla is one, too). He surely has never had longer love affairs with younger women for I can't believe we would never have heard about that with the way the British tabloids are. Maybe they just like the way their relationship is now though that means that both probably won't find a new partner in the near future. Maybe they are again married already but kept it quiet because of HM and the Duke of E. IMHO they would do better to move to another country for most of the time but that's their choice. But I just don't see them being really happy in the Uk with the way the media treads them. But it's their choice, isn't it?

IMHO one reason for him to marry her wouldto make sure people are aware that his "ideal of beauty" is not a 17 yo (or even younger) but a wife with knowledge of life (and grown up laughter, like Camilla is one, too). He surely has never had longer love affairs with younger women for I can't believe we would never have heard about that with the way the British tabloids are. Maybe they just like the way their relationship is now though that means that both probably won't find a new partner in the near future. Maybe they are again married already but kept it quiet because of HM and the Duke of E. IMHO they would do better to move to another country for most of the time but that's their choice. But I just don't see them being really happy in the Uk with the way the media treads them. But it's their choice, isn't it?

As far as I can remember Andrew tended to go for women of his own age in earlier years, so I'd imagine that dating much younger women was more to do with the fact that these were not serious relationships but just sexual ones. However I cant imagine that he's going to remarry at his time of life, for any reason. He and Fergie have a good friendship, probably and he relies on her for companionship and his daugthers....

Last edited:

No, the Royal Marriages Act 1772 was repealed in all Commonwealth realms in 2015 and, under the new law that replaced it, only the first six persons in line to the throne require consent of the King in Council to marry. Prince Andrew is currently 8th in line.

There is also another option - they can remarry after Charles' passing away.

Andrew is 11 years younger, so probably he will outlive his brother.

King Charles experienced divorce and all the backlash associated with it, with getting married to his true love and, probably, the pain his actions caused on others. That said, I think he'll understand if Andrew and Sarah made it official and remarried. Or maybe they have already?

Sarah, as she is today, would be a good stabilizing influence on his life. And maybe, just maybe depending on him, he can move on into old age learning mistakes and scandals caused pain and embarrassment on his children and his family. But it all depends on him and to tackle that Ego that often seems bigger than the titles.

Last edited:
King Charles experienced divorce and all the backlash associated with it, with getting married to his true love and, probably, the pain his actions caused on others. That said, I think he'll understand if Andrew and Sarah made it official and remarried. Or maybe they have already?

Sarah, as she is today, would be a good stabilizing influence on his life. And maybe, just maybe depending on him, he can move on into old age learning mistakes and scandals caused pain and embarrassment on his children and his family. But it all depends on him and to tackle that Ego that often seems bigger than the titles.

why on earth do people think this? Sarah would probably like to get remarried, but she's been IMO a disastrous ex wife for him. He was always arrogant and selfish, but he and Sarah seem to always be looking for more money and that is what has caused most of the later scandals. Andrew is probably well over her as a romantic partner and is fond of her because they have similar interests, making money, and have their 2 children.
Charles cannot forbid them to get married, but I'd ssay that he intends to make it clear that Andrew will never be a public working royal again and that goes for Fergie too.

Back
Top Bottom