The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 AM
Majesty

Sarah would probably like to remarry Andrew, but I doubt he wants to marry her... He is still fond of her and loyal to her, but if he still wants to marry her, all I can say is that he has amused himself then with an awful lot of other women along the way.....Sarah doesn't live with him cheek by jowl all the time. She is away on her own business and so is he.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sarah also knows very well that should she remarry Andrew, she'd be right back in the public spotlight again with the expectations of working for the Firm and sponsor charities and have patronages that don't conflict with her royal role.

If you follow Iluvbertie's calculations on the engagements of the BRF, you'll know that Andrew works a lot for the Firm and Sarah would be expected to work in tandem with him in many areas.

As things stand right now, we have no clue how Andrew and Sarah feel about each other, how much time they do spend together and when they spend time together. They both have their own active lives and go their own way for the most part. It works for them and I don't see them changing that.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Majesty

but she would have the financial and other security that she threw away, In walking out of her marriage.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I found it interesting that Andrew said at Eugenie's wedding in his speech of the bride's father that he will "break the rules of the House of York" and then cuddled Jack in front of all, including the queen.
When was this said, and what confirmation do you have of it?

Frankly I don't see why Sarah would want to remarry Andrew when it comes with so much strife, right now she has the best of both. Andrew but no hassle the RF brings.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
but she would have the financial and other security that she threw away, In walking out of her marriage.
There is financial security and then there is financial security. I recall first hand the fuss over how costly Di and Fergie both were when married. The could not do anything without travel, frocks, choice of school, auto, etc. being picked apart.

In her current role, since the Queen is not picking up the tab (officially) for Sarah, no one cares much except when she does something unseemly to raise cash or whatever.

Were they to remarry, the question of her finances would once again be front and center. Along with the question of her working royal status. That would be a huge can of worms. And it is just my belief that Sarah would never be asked to be a working royal again. Which would be a public embarrassment to all involved to even raise the issue. Because no one looks good in that discussion.

Andrew and Sarah are really quite practical in their current domestic arrangement. It's the smartest thing they have both ever done, IMO.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Of course she woudlnt. Even if she remarried Andrew, no one would want to see her doing engagements...
Old 10-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Of course she woudlnt. Even if she remarried Andrew, no one would want to see her doing engagements...
And if they remarried, I get the feeling no one would want to see him doing engagements either.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Sarah prefers her current life. She thus has more freedom, without the pressure of being a member of the Royal Family. And so I guess she would not agree to remarry Andrew.
And I think Sarah has the life she always wanted to have.

A curiosity: When was the last time Andrew and Sarah appeared together as a couple?
Old 10-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Basically, I see what Andrew said that within his family (House of Windsor), it isn't normally done to hug and embrace each other in public but within his own household, it is. It shows the closeness of the York family to each other and the fact that Andrew hugged Jack, shows he's been totally brought into the family fold. I find it refreshing. Then again, I'm a hugger.

This has allowed me to see a different Andrew than I normally see. ……. but seeing him at his daughter's wedding showed him to be a very loving daddy where his family is concerned. No wonder he has the happiest divorce on earth and has been able to maintain such a good relationship with Sarah. Its a clear case of putting family first.
I also was delighted to see him fussing over Eugenie, helping with the train and all. A few of the photos of the day really conveyed a lovely side of him.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

Well I used to think Andrew and Sarah could remarry, but now I think it would be too much of a strain on Sarah. She doesn't fit with people's conception of royal life, she never will. I noticed she kept to the background at Eugenie's wedding, probably because she had been advised to. And if rumour is true she wouldn't be welcomed by many in Andrew's family.

It is sad though, because I do think it is more likely that they are romantically involved. I think they would have remarried a long time ago if Andrew were not royal. If you saw the photos from Royal Ascot this past summer, Andrew and Sarah were acting too close to be just friends who live together. I think they have some relationship that works for them in which Sarah is kept out of Andrew's public life, but they see each other at home.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Sarah and Andrew will ever remarry. That part of their relationship is over. They 'share' a huge house...and live their own lives. She has publically said she regrets the divorce and (I think it was the Oprah interview) she wished they were still married. Andrew has never given any such indication by word or action. If they wanted to be married they would be..I don't think the DoE or Queen would stand in the way. Because they haven't remarried..to me indicates they are content with things as they are.

LaRae
Old 10-14-2018, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

I think Andrew hasn't said anything not because he doesn't want to, but because he knows it would be practically impossible. For he and Sarah to be married now and for Sarah to have to stand up to the scrutiny of royal life might just wreck their relationship all over again.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Sarah has any desire to be obligated for the duties of the Duchess of York again..

LaRae
Old 10-14-2018, 06:19 PM
Majesty

They left the Church in the same car , I wonder what they said .
Old 10-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Her lack of self-control at her daughter's wedding was surprising, considering her many public appearances since 1986.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I think Sarah prefers her current life. She thus has more freedom, without the pressure of being a member of the Royal Family. And so I guess she would not agree to remarry Andrew.
And I think Sarah has the life she always wanted to have.

A curiosity: When was the last time Andrew and Sarah appeared together as a couple?
I disagree; I think she'd love to remarry him.
I think he is the one who doesn't want to.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

In the late 90's Andrew was quoted saying that he and Sarah maintained their relationship deliberately and that "we aren't just doing it for the children". A year later in 2000 he said that re marriage was something he had "not ruled out".

But since then...nothing public from him on the subject.

Andrew and Sarah have all but ruined their public images but in a way they are having the last laugh on their detractors in the press and public. Sarah was consistently called a bad mother when the girls were little and yet her children seem among the most balanced, well bred and non neurotic of any of the Royal offspring in Europe. Their Instagram comments show that their love and respect for their scandal plagued parents borders on reverence.

As for their relationship whatever is going on with Andrew and Sarah one thing is very obvious.

They understand and apparently completely accept one another. Their children are grown. There is no reason to share their lives at this point unless they simply want to.

And if one accepts the literal Scriptural teaching regarding Christian marriage, they were never divorced and it's just a "piece of paper" anyway as Sarah once commented.

I am not sure I believe they will ever re marry at this point...but I am pretty sure that they will never marry anyone else either.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-14-2018, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She already conduct engagements on behalf of her patronage’s.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2018, 04:09 AM
Courtier

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
In the late 90's Andrew was quoted saying that he and Sarah maintained their relationship deliberately and that "we aren't just doing it for the children". A year later in 2000 he said that re marriage was something he had "not ruled out".

But since then...nothing public from him on the subject.

Andrew and Sarah have all but ruined their public images but in a way they are having the last laugh on their detractors in the press and public. Sarah was consistently called a bad mother when the girls were little and yet her children seem among the most balanced, well bred and non neurotic of any of the Royal offspring in Europe. Their Instagram comments show that their love and respect for their scandal plagued parents borders on reverence.

As for their relationship whatever is going on with Andrew and Sarah one thing is very obvious.

They understand and apparently completely accept one another. Their children are grown. There is no reason to share their lives at this point unless they simply want to.

And if one accepts the literal Scriptural teaching regarding Christian marriage, they were never divorced and it's just a "piece of paper" anyway as Sarah once commented.

I am not sure I believe they will ever re marry at this point...but I am pretty sure that they will never marry anyone else either.

100% agree with you there, neither one will marry another person as long as the other is still alive (and maybe not even then)
Old 10-15-2018, 04:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
And if they remarried, I get the feeling no one would want to see him doing engagements either.
He's not overly popular as it is, so if he were inclined to remarry her, which Im sure he is NOT, it would impinge on his popularity within his famiy and with the public. And in the unlikely event that she did get him back, I think it would be with the proviso that she was just his wife in private nad was not dong any engagements...