A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Tis strange, I agree. Sarah appears to want us to think that it isn't over between her and Andrew, but yet they couldn't stay married for any number of reasons. She's in a netherworld between being still married to Andrew and being a single, independent woman. :ermm:

I think you have raised a very interesting point. My own view is that whilst she is close to Andrew, having been out in the widerness for all this tem, she quite likes to appear close Andrew, and perhaps, as time passes, is hoping to get closer than she is at the moment.

Perhaps the cynic in me is thinking that as they get to their 50s, and both are single, she is hoping that in time they might start to think about growing old together - without the complications of marriage and all that marriage would bring with it.

And for his part, Andrew speaks in glowing terms of his ex-wife and is willing to appear with her in public. It's refreshing in a way to see a divorced couple still having this much affection for each other, but it's a puzzle. I dread the day that HM dies, but I wonder how much Andrew's role will be affected by his older brother's accession; and how will the change in Royal Family dynamics affect his relationship with Sarah? He'll still be the HRH The Duke of York and therefore a senior member of the House of Windsor, but he'll be somewhat displaced in public terms by the higher profiles of William and Harry. Those will be interesting times to watch, definitely. As a man growing into older middle age, perhaps a normalization of his relationship with Sarah wouldn't be such a "big deal" as it would be now.

I think you have raised a very interesting point. My own view is that whilst she is close to Andrew, having been out in the widerness for all this tem, she quite likes to appear close Andrew, and perhaps, as time passes, is hoping to get closer than she is at the moment.

Perhaps the cynic in me is thinking that as they get to their 50s, and both are single, she is hoping that in time they might start to think about growing old together - without the complications of marriage and all that marriage would bring with it.

Congratulations on your recovery from the big C - what a worth while cause.
Thank you! :flowers: I got lucky with my cancer. Many other afflicted weren't so. It's such a devastating disease!
That said, "professionally" Andrew's main occupation is as UK trade ambassador. He appears to be doing an okay job, though it is one of those roles where it is difficult to judge or meausre effectiveness. I remember reading sometime back that he had hired one of the consulting firms to carry out a review of his role, and how he could make it more effective. That will surely make it more effective. This is really the BRFs attempt at use its titles and associated glamour to try and help open doors for British business that might not otherwise open.
I remember that as well. Any word on the results? Or are they still testing?
In terms of his personal passions, I really don't think this is something he really needs to make public. Do we really care or need another busy body telling the world how he wants to improve our lives??:lol::lol:
Well I don't think you should tell people how they ought to live their lives, I think most are plain sick of me telling them to get off this drug or exercise or go organic, take your magnesium for your migraines instead of drugs and ix-nay on the pop, etc. :rolleyes: I believe that you can be passionate about a cause and not a busy body. It's that fine line that needs to be tread, and I'm the first to admit I believe I cross it on more than one occasion. . . .:ohmy:
That said, I can guess what his personal passions might be: young girls, holidays in the sun, golf, fast cars..... Is it for one to begrudge him these? I don't think so, but I am sure others will hold different views. Do I approve of his cavorting with the Eurotrash or with the Kazhakh oligarchs - absolutely not!
Hmmmm. I think I'll sit this comment out. . . .:D

And for his part, Andrew speaks in glowing terms of his ex-wife and is willing to appear with her in public. It's refreshing in a way to see a divorced couple still having this much affection for each other, but it's a puzzle. I dread the day that HM dies, but I wonder how much Andrew's role will be affected by his older brother's accession; and how will the change in Royal Family dynamics affect his relationship with Sarah? He'll still be the HRH The Duke of York and therefore a senior member of the House of Windsor, but he'll be somewhat displaced in public terms by the higher profiles of William and Harry. Those will be interesting times to watch, definitely. As a man growing into older middle age, perhaps a normalization of his relationship with Sarah wouldn't be such a "big deal" as it would be now.

Sarah is lucky that PA is still so friendly towards her. I wish she wouldn't embarrass him by using his name every chance she gets

Yes, I quite agree. Were I divorced, I think that my ex would be the LAST person I'd want to take about.:rolleyes:

Sarah is lucky that PA is still so friendly towards her. I wish she wouldn't embarrass him by using his name every chance she gets

I think that Sarah and Andrew will not remarried but I am happy to know that their still on friendly terms with each other and both are raising their daughters together.As for a new wife I think Andrew enjoys his bachelorhood I can't picture another Duchess of York anytime soon.

I can't imagine another Duchess of York in this generation, honestly. It's been over 10 years since the divorce, and we're still seeing Andrew and Sarah together on a regular basis. :)

I think that Sarah and Andrew will not remarried but I am happy to know that their still on friendly terms with each other and both are raising their daughters together.As for a new wife I think Andrew enjoys his bachelorhood I can't picture another Duchess of York anytime soon.

Well I don't think he really has a NEED to remarry. He doesn't really need anybody to help him with his duties, he's procreated, so that's handled. He can party, if he so chooses, quite well on his own. Ergo, no reason to marry. . . :rolleyes:

'Marry Randy Andy? I'd rather make £50m,' says the model who turned down Prince Andrew as she earns a fortune from the credit crunch | Mail Online
... The name Amanda Staveley has been on everyone's lips in the world of multi-billion corporate deals since she emerged as the central figure behind the £7 billion recapitalisation of Barclays bank by Abu Dhabi's royal Sheik Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the Qatari royal family. She also put together the Sheik's surprise purchase of Manchester City Football Club. ...
My personal favourite is as follows:
Indeed, there could hardly have been a more mutually beneficial relationship than this one between the brilliantly connected but commercially gauche Prince and the beautiful deal-maker. Each has been able to open doors for the other.
No one who knows Amanda thinks she needed a royal leg-up to establish herself - though being Prince Andrew's girlfriend for two years was hardly a hindrance.
On balance, in the sometimes shadowy world of international deals and trade, it is the globe-trotting Prince Andrew who has benefited from the relationship because of Amanda's knowledge and contacts.

Girlfriend for two years. Maybe there is someone else and we don't know about it.

Last edited:
Girlfriend for two years. Maybe there is some else and we don't know about it.
Indeed! Thanks for the article Al_bina. That was a shocker to me, but good to know that Prince Andrew was attracted to a woman with beauty AND brains! :rolleyes:

Indeed! Thanks for the article Al_bina. That was a shocker to me, but good to know that Prince Andrew was attracted to a woman with beauty AND brains! :rolleyes:

'Cos God knows the first choice had neither.

I wonder how Sarah felt about Andrew's involvement with and possible marriage to someone so beautiful and accomplished?

I wonder that as well as she had said recently that they were going to get back together (see previous posts for this)

I remember seeing an interview on television with Sarah which aired around the time Andrew was dating Amanda where she was asked about the possibility of Andrew remarrying and her reaction was "Off the table!" I wonder if Sarah had Amanda in mind when she said this.

I do sort of wonder why neither has remarried but they never seem all that close to a reunion either very strange:confused:

I do sort of wonder why neither has remarried but they never seem all that close to a reunion either very strange:confused:
I tend to agree w the person who posted in another thread that perhaps the reason Sarah hasn't remarried is 'cuz she's eager to hang on to her title Duchess of York. It does open doors and still gives her that connection to royalty that I feel is still very important to her. As for why Andrew hasn't remarried . . . maybe he really was mad in love w Sarah and she's the only woman for him and as long as she's still single and they're good friends, what's the point? Or maybe he's been too traumatized by the humiliations of that first marriage and wants to stay away from any potential repeat of history. I dunno . . . but I'm not complaining.

As for why Andrew hasn't remarried . . . maybe he really was mad in love w Sarah and she's the only woman for him and as long as she's still single and they're good friends, what's the point?
Perhaps every woman since has turned him down or he simply hasn't been introduced to you yet Bella!:lol:

I can't imagine any woman marrying him with the every-present Sarah (who still refers to herself as The Duchess of York) on the scene.;)

Perhaps every woman since has turned him down or he simply hasn't been introduced to you yet Bella!:lol:

I can't imagine any woman marrying him with the ever-present Sarah (who still refers to herself as The Duchess of York) on the scene.;)
Ahh, but she wouldn't be The Duchess of York! As a friend told the ex 1st wife of her husband of 11 years, possession is 9 tenths of the law!:lol: It can be amusing if all of them are at the same event.:lol:

Evidently Andrew did want to remarry--to Amanda Staveley--but was turned down.

I wonder if she would still use the title, though. I thought that she wasn't entitled to use it since the divorce. But in an interview a couple of years ago, she said, "I am The Duchess of York." And if you ask me for a link, Skydragon, I'm afraid that I can't remember where the interview was; but I think that it was on t.v. somewhere.:flowers:

Nine tenth of the law. How true.:lol:

Ahh, but she wouldn't be The Duchess of York! As a friend told the ex 1st wife of her husband of 11 years, possession is 9 tenths of the law!:lol: It can be amusing if all of them are at the same event.:lol:

I wonder if she would still use the title, though. I thought that she wasn't entitled to use it since the divorce. But in an interview a couple of years ago, she said, "I am The Duchess of York." And if you ask me for a link, Skydragon, I'm afraid that I can't remember where the interview was; but I think that it was on t.v. somewhere.:flowers:

Nine tenth of the law. How true.:lol:
No need, under British law, unless she remarries, she has the title for life! Would she continue to use it, I expect so! :flowers:

So she needn't refer to herself as Sarah Duchess of York even though she's divorced?

No need, under British law, unless she remarries, she has the title for life! Would she continue to use it, I expect so! :flowers:

I have a nagging feeling that neither will ever re-marry (other people). I simply cannot see it happening. Andrew and Sarah could both have moved on and had second families by now so either they're still in love with eachother or no one in their right mind will commit to them. It's ironic that Andrew is vaguely the most attractive of the four siblings yet is the only one un-married - he reminds me of Prince Albert of Monaco in someways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom