A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact she has not been in the company of a man for very long indicates either a personality problem or a health problem,imo.

I have to disagree with this, Pinkie40. Just because a woman isn't with a man (or seen with a man) doesn't mean she has problems. You yourself posted that Sarah has been busy creating a social life in the US and abroad. She seems to be very involved with her charities and businesses. She travels alot. She's completely devouted to her daughters. Maybe she hasn't found a man she feels interested in. Would you prefer she "settle" for a man she doesn't have feelings for just so she can be seen with a man? I'm sure she has to be very careful about the men she dates - like any celeb - and make sure they're not out to use her to better themselves. And, there's always the possibility that she is seeing someone or likes someone but isn't ready to reveal the relationsip to the public (though I admit that may be a bit niave on my part). But it's always the possibility. I think it's great that she seems to be enjoying a full and interesting life w/out a man and isn't some clingy sullen woman who doesn't feel complete w/out a man in her life.

I agree that Sarah seems to have a full life, and that she seems to be rather happy. But, I don't think it is necessarily that Sarah can't find a man she is interested in, I think it is more of a concern to her that she would lose her title if she remarried. Also, the way she and Andrew have everything set up, the intact family unit--it would be awkward for the girls if one of them were to remarry right now. I don't think we'll see any type of serious relationships or remarriages until both girls are in college or married themselves.

I do agree with Bella and what jc said. What I am wondering is, however, how are things going to change when both girls are gone? Will the press start hounding Andrew calling for remarriage now that Charles has done so?? Could be interesting. . . .

I'm not sure that Randy Andy is ready to leave his playboy lifestyle, he seem really enjoy be around by woman. I've heard that Andy and Sarah planed to re-married, but Sarah have to face her biggest enemy> Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh

The Duke is getting older.
Bella, sometimes I feel that way, though I am happily married. My husband is such a child! Sometimes I think Sarah has the best of both worlds!

If Andrew re-marries will, do you think the new wife will have to take a lesser title (because Sarah uses her title professionally) or will the new wife accept the Duchess of York title?

If Andrew re-marries will, do you think the new wife will have to take a lesser title (because Sarah uses her title professionally) or will the new wife accept the Duchess of York title?

Sarah has no title. The form Name,Something of Something is the customary usage used by divorced wives of peers. The part following the comma isn't a title per se but used as a sort of surname.

If Charles and Camilla can marry...so Andrew and Fergie can re-marry! Its time to forgive and move on!

Does Prince Andrew have a say in any of it, or is it all a foregone conclusion and a general consensus of opinion by the prevailing public?

I don't think they should remarry at all. My reasons for saying so are personal.

I think if it wasn't for the Duke of Edinburgh, Andrew and Sarah would have re-married years ago.

Nothing will convince me that they don't still love one another and any other partner will just be "settling" for both of them.

It's really a shame, they have a genuine love story.

Who really knows.... Andrew might take her back one day... you never know..LOL>:eek:
I'm thinking pigs will fly first.
Can you really ever trust somebody again when they have cheated on you like that? I'm not talking about one slip. (Which is stupid enough in and of itself!) But blatantly cheating, several partners? I know I wouldn't. My ex did and I am well rid of him!

I'm thinking pigs will fly first.
Can you really ever trust somebody again when they have cheated on you like that? I'm not talking about one slip. (Which is stupid enough in and of itself!) But blatantly cheating, several partners? I know I wouldn't. My ex did and I am well rid of him!

I understand what you mean, but I also think people have the capacity to learn from their mistakes, and to grow and change.

Sarah is not the same flighty, confused, damaged young woman who married Andrew in 1986.

And Andrew was not faultless in that marriage, he was terribly lazy and weak and did not honor his marriage vow to protect and defend his wife. He seemed to almost leave her to the wolves at times.

But he seems to have grown up and learned from his mistakes too.

I think that the mistakes Andrew and Sarah made in their marriage were not particularly surprising given their age and personalities. Everyone has certain faults they can hopefully overcome somewhat with maturity. Andrew tends to be a bit of a pushover and takes people for granted. Sarah is very spontaneous, passionate and can demand too much of herself and others. I don't think these faults are impossible to overcome and I think both of them have matured in some ways.

I actually think with maturity, Andrew and Sarah could have a very good marriage, if they remarried. The fact that they've never really been able to totally separate from each other, and remain good friends, is a telling indication that they're a good match for each other. But I also think both haven't grown up as much as they need to. I suspect this because neither of them have managed to form an adult romantic relationship, with each other or anyone else, since their separation.

I think that the mistakes Andrew and Sarah made in their marriage were not particularly surprising given their age and personalities. Everyone has certain faults they can hopefully overcome somewhat with maturity. Andrew tends to be a bit of a pushover and takes people for granted. Sarah is very spontaneous, passionate and can demand too much of herself and others. I don't think these faults are impossible to overcome and I think both of them have matured in some ways.

I actually think with maturity, Andrew and Sarah could have a very good marriage, if they remarried. The fact that they've never really been able to totally separate from each other, and remain good friends, is a telling indication that they're a good match for each other. But I also think both haven't grown up as much as they need to. I suspect this because neither of them have managed to form an adult romantic relationship, with each other or anyone else, since their separation.

Excellent insight...I agree with every word. Let me add that when a divorced couple still vacations together and sends out joint Christmas cards YEARS after they've split, not to mention having photos of one another all over their respective homes-well that tells me that they have not really moved on and that they don't particularly want to!

Last edited:
I understand what you mean, but I also think people have the capacity to learn from their mistakes, and to grow and change.

Sarah is not the same flighty, confused, damaged young woman who married Andrew in 1986.

And Andrew was not faultless in that marriage, he was terribly lazy and weak and did not honor his marriage vow to protect and defend his wife. He seemed to almost leave her to the wolves at times.

But he seems to have grown up and learned from his mistakes too.

Sarah didn't learn from her mistakes. She first had a very public fling w Steve Wyatt and then when everyone caught on to that and HE left the situation she had another very public thing w his buddy, John Bryan. She only stopped because she was caught, humiliated and divorced. I don't see any 'learning' in this situation.

And how was Andrew terribly lazy and weak? He was serving his country while his wife 'ho'd around. And who's to say he didn't protect and defend her? We don't know what was said among his family/friends. He was certainly the gentleman in that he never spoke out publically against his wife, when he easily could have jumped on that bandwagon as she was the most loathed and disrespected woman in Britain. He seemed pretty loyal to me by allowing her and their daughters to continue to live at his home after everything happened. I'm sure that didn't sit well w his family but he still kept his home open to Sarah.

If anything Andrew has shown exemplary good taste and behaviour in light of the many many many mishaps Sarah has stirred up. He should be commended not described as lazy and weak. Hello??? Where are you coming from?

Sarah didn't learn from her mistakes. She first had a very public fling w Steve Wyatt and then when everyone caught on to that and HE left the situation she had another very public thing w his buddy, John Bryan. She only stopped because she was caught, humiliated and divorced. I don't see any 'learning' in this situation.

And how was Andrew terribly lazy and weak? He was serving his country while his wife 'ho'd around. And who's to say he didn't protect and defend her? We don't know what was said among his family/friends. He was certainly the gentleman in that he never spoke out publically against his wife, when he easily could have jumped on that bandwagon as she was the most loathed and disrespected woman in Britain. He seemed pretty loyal to me by allowing her and their daughters to continue to live at his home after everything happened. I'm sure that didn't sit well w his family but he still kept his home open to Sarah.

If anything Andrew has shown exemplary good taste and behaviour in light of the many many many mishaps Sarah has stirred up. He should be commended not described as lazy and weak. Hello??? Where are you coming from?
Hoo boy! You GO BELLA!! :D
Weren't they 30ish when they married? It's not like they were like Diana's 19 year old unformed psyche. . .

I think an Actress would work well with him. I mean he used to hang around Courtney Love...that world may hold a certain fascination for him...

Oh Z!!! Courtney Love is SKANKY!!!! :eek: He'd do better with somebody with more class, Elizabeth Hurley, per chance.

I didn't mean Courtney! LOL...I just mean he did hang around her so, he seems to be down with the infamous peeps in Hollywood.

I can't think of any actresses who are age appropriate for him...maybe Cameron Diaz...she's single.

i don't think cameron diaz will please the Queen, wasn't she in some nude photos before she was famous??? I don't think somebody from hollywooed, but certnly they deserve to find love! may be he has it but nobody knows! the same for her

I didn't mean Courtney! LOL...I just mean he did hang around her so, he seems to be down with the infamous peeps in Hollywood.

I can't think of any actresses who are age appropriate for him...maybe Cameron Diaz...she's single.

I highly doubt Prince Andrew "hung around" with Courtney Love. How I heard it is he was looking for some "fun" and someone in his party suggested calling upon Courtney Love 'cuz she was "wild." I tend this think, if anything, CL was more a booty call than a date. IMO

I highly doubt Prince Andrew "hung around" with Courtney Love. How I heard it is he was looking for some "fun" and someone in his party suggested calling upon Courtney Love 'cuz she was "wild." I tend this think, if anything, CL was more a booty call than a date. IMO

CL was on some documentary and she had like pictures of herself with him...but anyway why he would go to her as a booty call is just...:eek:

Ewww. The thought of Courtney Love hooking up with Prince Andrew is not pretty. He is way too good for her. It would be nice to see him with a woman who is closer to his age and not famous. :flowers:

Cameron Diaz likes them young with their Sexy Back! :lol:;)

Psst...listen - I didn't want to say anything but the fact of the matter is, Andrew and I will announce our engagement this summer...

HEY - a girl can dream, can't she? <sigh> :wub: I've always thought he was so cute - what a smile that man has...and that Beatrice is practically his Xerox copy!

I, too, think he and Sarah still want each other - but fair play for the life they've built for their children, who (even with Bea's partying) seem very well adjusted and emotionally intact.

You have missed my point entirely. Sarah's errors occurred during her marriage which was...what? Fifteen or twenty years ago? She is NOT the same person and with all due respect how would you like to still be hammered for things you did some twenty odd years ago? Can we talk about RECENT errors she has made re: Andrew and their children?

I don't give a hoot if Andrew was "serving his country!" either. He was a wimp who threw his wife to the wolves when the Queen's flunkies and the press went after her. Did he speak up on her behalf when he demanded Sarah leave their baby behind and come join him?

Big whoop if he "allowed" his ex wife and their children to live in the marital home. Should they have gone to a shelter? That house was a gift to BOTH of them from the Queen. BTW,
now that Sarah is wealthy in her own right she has payed for several of the Prince's ski holidays out of her own pocket.

It's called GROWING UP AND MOVING on, in case you have never heard of it.

I stand by every word. THAT is where I am coming from.

Last edited:
How about me? I am a widow with 4 children and I would love to meet such a distinguished man. Do you think I could correspond with him? He seems like such a nice guy. I don't think he has gotten over Sarah leaving him and maybe he needs a nice lady to help him restore his zest for life. Not a celebrity, just a simple, understanding, funny lady with a good sense of humor. Where can I write to him? Any advice?
Thank you.

Not me I'm afraid. I'm with someone (and I'm scared of flying in helicopters) but I've got a nice sister who is more or less single.

I do hope Prince Andrew is reading this thread. I had no idea we had so many candidates for Mrs Prince Andrew among our membership. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom