A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australian

Heir Presumptive
City
Perth
Country
Australia
I would like to start a thread on people's opinions regarding if they would support a remarriage between Andrew and Sarah, why/why not. For me, i would support it, but for them, i think they are happy as they are.

Yes I would. they have maintained a good relationship for all these years. They still care for one another. The press and the royal family gave Sarah such a hard time and she went off the rails.

Now, times are different, the royal family is different esp since Princess Diana died, they had to come down from their pedestal and be more realistic.

Sarah deserves to be happy. She has struggled with being picked on for her looks, picked on for everything she has done but she has also been an excellent mother, worked hard to get herself out of debt and done a lot of good work, sometimes very low key without the accolades.

She and Andrew still care about each other and we should let them be together without criticism. Maybe if they were private citizens, they would be back together by now.

Yes i completely agree with this. But maybe they are friendly and happy with each other now that they arnt married anymore and work best together as friends and parents and perhaps not as a married couple? I admire this couple for still maintaining a good relationship after the marriage collapsed

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I would support a remarriage for both of them but to somebody else. Sarah said she wasn't cut out to be royal and Andrew is going to carry around that baggage with him no matter how much they care about each other.

I'd like for them each to find someone new. Maybe now that the kids are grown, they will.

Perhaps they are better as friends rather than lovers or spouses. I don't thnk anyone can be hypocritical about her bringing the house of windsor into disrepute, especially after charles married his long term mistress.

I think they like it better this way, they can just go about their lives and spend time with each other away from the spotlight.

It would be great to see Sarah find happiness again, whether with Andrew or someone new. she deserves it - she had a rough ride.

their remarrying is about the only thing that would make her palateable to me again.

it would just be great not to see her on Larry King Live or Oprah every week. which would be the case if she remarried.

but seriously though, she and andrew get along great. he's not been the same since the divorce and I think it's near impossible for him to find a woman who'll marry him with all the baggage of being the second duchess or york.

it would be great for both of them if they remarried.

LOL....yes, they do love royalty in America for sure lol, lol

They still seem like a happy and fun family. Their behaviour towards each other and towards the girls really reminds me of the way Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim of Denmark conduct themselves after divorce. I'm not comparing Sarah to Alexandra, just noting how both of them still have a happy family after a broken marriage and can be civil to each other.

Why not?!

i think they showed a divorce couple can still maintain balanced & civil relationship... they're great with their children or at family occassion...

so, if a re-marriage if what it takes to be happy.. then, why not??

I like this couple..they look good together as always..With their adorable girls, they look beautiful as a family...I wish them all the best..hope its not too late...

I rather not having a Monarchy at all if they let that woman back into the Firm...

They seem to be now best of friends, maybe it's time they move on with other partners.
zeap said:
I rather not having a Monarchy at all if they let that woman back into the Firm...
Don't worry, I'm counting on King Will and Queen Kate to save the monarchy when their turn comes! :)
The lady of York will be but an historical curiosity, like Wallis and so many others in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't like to see them re-marry. I think they're best suited to be "just friends". I think Sarah would be an enjoyable person to know, but I think she is not suited to be royal.

I do wish Prince Andrew would find someone to share his life and work. Seeing his elder brother so happy and content with his wife at his side makes me feel sad for The Duke of York.

Well since there's another thread about whether William is the savior of the monarchy, I won't start one here.

I don't think Sarah coming back into the Royal Family would hurt the monarchy but it would be hard on Sarah.

I don't think the BRF has changed much since Sarah left it. Now that the other royals have re-married we see what type of woman fits in the Royal Family. Sophie and Camilla don't speak to the press and just go about their business (except for the time Sophie was tricked by the fake sheik but I doubt that will happen again) but Sarah was born to talk and talk a lot so that situation would still be intolerable for her.

Last edited:
it will be nice to see them togather againe , it seems that Prince Andrew have feeling for her ( it just my opinion ) .

I would love to see it and I think there's a good possibility since neither one has remarried and hasn't had a serious relationship since the divorce. I think they were made for each other! I hope they do remarry in a small ceremony like Charles and Camilla:)

Yeah, I would support a reunion of the Duke & Duchess of York :)

If this did become reality, would Sarah be reinstated the style of Her Royal Highness?

"MII"

If Charles and Camilla can marry...so Andrew and Fergie can re-marry! Its time to forgive and move on!

Margrethe II said:
Yeah, I would support a reunion of the Duke & Duchess of York :)

If this did become reality, would Sarah be reinstated the style of Her Royal Highness?

"MII"

Logic would dictate that the answer is YES THE Duchess of York etc. as she would be the wife of HRH THE Duke of York etc. Any wife of Andrew would have these titles.

we have wait and see what happened if Prince Andrew and Sarah,Duchess of York would getting remarried again and happy each other like past in their wedding day and marriages years they later the Duchess of York had admit as affair with busniessman and Prince Andrew found out in the taboilds about it and agree to separation in 1992 and they divorces in 1996 for while if HM Queen think Prince Andrew and Sarah,Duchess of York would getting remarried again if HM says no they respect her.

I agree gattica! People make mistakes but then again it's also great to forgive. But at the same time I don't see them ever getting back together but anything can happen.

They have a great relationship the way it is, but I don't think they would remarry, they have to move on and find new partners...

chrissy57 said:
Logic would dictate that the answer is YES THE Duchess of York etc. as she would be the wife of HRH THE Duke of York etc. Any wife of Andrew would have these titles.

Thanks...

"MII"

I think I would like to see them remarry but I don't think that's what they want to. They are happy just as they are, parents to their daughters, good friends. I think they still have feelings for each other but they are better off as they are.

Avalon said:
I think I would like to see them remarry but I don't think that's what they want to. They are happy just as they are, parents to their daughters, good friends. I think they still have feelings for each other but they are better off as they are.

I think this as well, definately.

I would also love to see them remay. I think they are both very great people to their children and all....i dont want them to be old and lonely...they deserve each other and they deserve to be happy...however the chances are very small..i would really love to see them married someday but i dont think it will ever happen

Avalon said:

I think they love one another but, are not in love.

Married or not, I would just like them both to be happy, which they seem to be right now.:) As do their daughters, although it is not wise to base your own life on what your children may or may not want you to do, they tend to grow up and leave to live their own lives.
From the outside it would be wonderful but, we don't know if Andrew has got over the betrayal enough to trust her again and we don't know if she feels she needs a permanent man in her life!

Last edited:
I would support a remarriage. With the current royal family not much attention would be payed on her. It would be on Camilla and the Princes of Wales. Also Beatric and Eugiene would take up a lot of the press. They would not have as much pressure and burden of royalty. I think Andrew still loves her deeply. I think his love for her is making it hard for him to move on. They both need to figure out where they are going, whether to remarry or both move on. If they wont remarry each other I would love for them to find someone else to marry or be with.

Why not? How wonderful would that be if they wanted to re-marry? Both are more mature and wisened. I truly believe had they married a little later in life a doing some more growing up, they would have stayed married.

But, I would only want them to re-marry if that is what they both wholly wanted and without any influence from the parents, siblings, courtiers, etc. Their daughters' approval would be all that should be important to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom