A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Koo Stark is up to these days.

I wonder if there is a successful, socially ambitious heiress out there who would be able to capture the attention of the press and then end up bouncing Sarah back into oblivion.

I have the exact same feeling. She seems to have pretty much gotten away with it and as far as Andrew and the girls are concerned she was the victim Next one will be harder for her to get out of and there will be a next because she hasn't learnt anything. She got a show from Oprah and a large cash payment for being the victim. As for the house issue she had the money she had millions at one stage and she never thought of buying a house? Or she never had enough for a house she thought she was entitled too is more like it. Let's not forget her staff of 12 which she no longer has. Now she has Andrew's staff to do what she wants and she doesn't have to pay for them another reason for her not too leave. I'm surprised none of them have started leaking things! The Queen could give her a little house but I think Sarah would expect a big house and a full staff I just don't think she would be grateful for the basics when she believes she is entitled to a Royal lifestyle. So she will stay with Andrew until he kicks her out! It actually isn't a healthy relationship for either of them because neither can move on. Sarah admits they both continue to date others but Andrew is her soul mate it is very confusing!

She's like an alocholic, only an emotional or psychological one, not when it coems to booze. It's like there's a broken switch inside of her and she can't take the time out to analyze it and fix the switch so it works again.

She's like an alocholic, only an emotional or psychological one, not when it coems to booze. It's like there's a broken switch inside of her and she can't take the time out to analyze it and fix the switch so it works again.

There's no such thing as "fixing" an addiction. You manage it. You'll always be an alcoholic, drug addict, gambling, compulsive spender etc, it's about learning your triggers and avoiding them. Some people recognize a problem early on and jump away from it (Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter, has just admitted that he had to stop boozing) and some don't realize it till they've hit rock bottom but some don't ever stop.

Let's move on from Sarah and get back to the topic of the thread...A Wife for Andrew. We are just rehashing the same theme that is being played in three separate threads.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

I wonder what Koo Stark is up to these days.

I wonder if there is a successful, socially ambitious heiress out there who would be able to capture the attention of the press and then end up bouncing Sarah back into oblivion.

The last I heard, Koo Stark was also suffering financial reverses and living on welfare. (Also, she has major health issues). I'm certain Andrew could find a suitable wife if he so desired; but I think he has no interest in doing so. Pity.

He is sort of in a catch 22 position since she is the mother of his children. If he shows her the door then he has to deal with the girls who would most likely come to her rescue as much as possible if it were to their own detriment.
Then there would also be the publicity Sarah would create "Andrew kicked me out, I am penniless and am living on the streets, I am on welfare etc boo hoo hoo". Andrew and the BRF really can't win where Sarah in concerned.
The best we can hope for is that she gets her act together and moves on. Actually if Andrew were to remarry it might give her the impetus to get her act together since she would no longer be HRH The Duchess of York and her using the Duchess title would be of diminished value.
Maybe we should write to Sophie and ask if she has a nice single friend she can fix Andrew up with, LOL

I think Andrew has made it pretty clear over the years he has no intentions of moving on. Even if they don't remarry I think he will remain connected to Sarah if only unofficially. Perhaps smarter that way, less pressure/lower profile.

MM

Andrew does date other women so clearly they aren't romantically involved and Sarah dates others too. Andrew has even asked someone else to marry him but she didn't want to give up her career and be apart of the BRF. It makes me wonder how close they are and if maybe Sarah now wants something closer. He doesn't seem to have a lot of time but then that could be why he has thrown himself into doing so many official duties. I remember reading stories of him home alone watching videos back when Sarah was doing well. She seems to show up when she needs something but when things are great she isn't around so much. If Andrew found someone she would need to be strong and deal with Sarah early on. Parents can be friends without being in each others pockets and Andrew would need to stop helping Sarah with money etc so much. I would love to see what Sarah would do if he did marry and she really couldn't use the Duchess of York title as she now really does. Maybe he will meet someone eventually I think when Charles takes over Andrew won't have as many duties and since he has never been happy about Andrew doing the trade role that may well end! I am actually surprised he is still doing that but I think he has the protection of the Queen to thank for that.

No, he cares for her. He has never, really, moved on. A date here and there. But she is always there. Ces't la vie.

Andrew does date other women so clearly they aren't romantically involved and Sarah dates others too. Andrew has even asked someone else to marry him but she didn't want to give up her career and be apart of the BRF. It makes me wonder how close they are and if maybe Sarah now wants something closer. He doesn't seem to have a lot of time but then that could be why he has thrown himself into doing so many official duties. I remember reading stories of him home alone watching videos back when Sarah was doing well. She seems to show up when she needs something but when things are great she isn't around so much. If Andrew found someone she would need to be strong and deal with Sarah early on. Parents can be friends without being in each others pockets and Andrew would need to stop helping Sarah with money etc so much. I would love to see what Sarah would do if he did marry and she really couldn't use the Duchess of York title as she now really does. Maybe he will meet someone eventually I think when Charles takes over Andrew won't have as many duties and since he has never been happy about Andrew doing the trade role that may well end! I am actually surprised he is still doing that but I think he has the protection of the Queen to thank for that.

I remember reading an interview with Amanda (?) in The Times (in the magazine supplement that comes with it) and she said that they dated for a while but at no point did they discuss marriage. She got engaged during the Christmas/New year period last year. She said Andrew was kind enough to contact her and congratuate her.
I think you hit the nail on the head Meadow, his royal duties and trade role doesn't leave much free time.

I don't really think that Andrew wants to remarry. With the situation the way that it is now, he can have his cake and eat it too! He has his family life with his ex-wife and his two daughters and he also has his freedom to attend parties and date beautiful women.

Actually, Andrew has had an active dating life and has become serious to the point of discussing engagement with (at least) two women since his divorce. A quick Google or Yahoo search will satisfy the curious, and the VF article covers this as well.

He generally comes to NY to conduct many of his more,er, intensive portions of his relationships. I imagine it's a bit odd trying to tryst at his own home, what with an ex-wife hovering around as dog-in-the-manger. From what I understand from my friends in the hospitality side of my firm, his preference is the Stanhope.

Until Sarah moves to her own home in Argentina, Andrew hasn't a prayer of remarrying even if it were his choice. His own daughters have spoken in favor of him doing so, however, which I find rather interesting.

But if he should remarry, I would opt for him marrying someone who has her own well-established and separate career, perhaps in finance. Since everyone is accustomed to Andrew showing up to engagements on his own, it would not be seen oddly if she were, in essence, self-supporting while not accompanying him.

Age range - 35 to 45, I should think. Perhaps a German aristo?

Honestly, I don't know how people expect Andrew to move on from Sarah if TRF can't move on.

Why does every Andrew and/or Sarah thread involving reliving and over analyzing their relationship. I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss options other than Sarah.

Until Sarah moves to her own home in Argentina, Andrew hasn't a prayer of remarrying even if it were his choice. His own daughters have spoken in favor of him doing so, however, which I find rather interesting.

Ultimately the girls want their parents to be happy but maybe they understand that remarriage isn't for them. When Sarah was on solid ground Andrew did his thing, so it's not like the girls are unused to seeing him with other women, it's just that, imo, they need him to take care of Sarah first.

Honestly, I don't know how people expect Andrew to move on from Sarah if TRF can't move on.

Why does every Andrew and/or Sarah thread involving reliving and over analyzing their relationship. I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss options other than Sarah.

I think it's because Sarah herself so desperately desires it, mentions it every time that she can - and because Andrew in his position can't come out and directly deny anything - that it's become Sarah's wishcraft for her fans to carry over the line for her.

But Zonk, my love. Twenty years ago and about that many pounds ago, I might have nominated myself.

But as it is, I would definitely like to see him remarry to someone with an established career in her own right.

It's my understanding that Prince Bernhardt of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein and his wife have recently separated. He brought someone else to the religious wedding of Princess Nathalie. I think she - Katharina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein - would be a perfect fit! She's very well educated and versed in history and art, having set up two major museum collections; she worked for Sotheby's as a director at one point. She's clearly suited for Royal life, having balanced it well without scandal or kerfuffle, and has an independent career and source of income. Best of all, she would bring additional exposure to the EU for Andrew, which would be spectacular for his role as trade ambassador.

What faith is Katharina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein?

Bernhardt, Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein id Lutheran so I'd assume the same of Katharina.

That's the screwy thing. She doesn't have to be CoE just not Catholic.

That's what I was checking, I know some of the, or quite a number of, the other royal houses are Catholic...not familiar with the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein house.

MM

But Zonk, my love. Twenty years ago and about that many pounds ago, I might have nominated myself.

Oh I like your wit NaP, thanks for the:lol: but don't be too hasty, you might be just what he's looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's because Sarah herself so desperately desires it, mentions it every time that she can - and because Andrew in his position can't come out and directly deny anything - that it's become Sarah's wishcraft for her fans to carry over the line for her.

But as it is, I would definitely like to see him remarry to someone with an established career in her own right.

It's my understanding that Prince Bernhardt of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein and his wife have recently separated. He brought someone else to the religious wedding of Princess Nathalie. I think she - Katharina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein - would be a perfect fit! She's very well educated and versed in history and art, having set up two major museum collections; she worked for Sotheby's as a director at one point. She's clearly suited for Royal life, having balanced it well without scandal or kerfuffle, and has an independent career and source of income. Best of all, she would bring additional exposure to the EU for Andrew, which would be spectacular for his role as trade ambassador.

Ha! Twenty years and twenty pounds ago...I am with you on that one. Any English aristrocrats available? What about Lady Jane Wesselley...I don't think she ever married...and dating someone who dated your brother thirty years ago might not be an issue.

Bernhardt, Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein is Lutheran so I'd assume the same of Katharina.

That's the screwy thing. She doesn't have to be CoE just not Catholic.

Deeply, on both counts, dear silver. House laws in that German line are quite strict on loss of inheritance by marrying anyone not specifically "Protestant."

Ha! Twenty years and twenty pounds ago...I am with you on that one. Any English aristrocrats available? What about Lady Jane Wesselley...I don't think she ever married...and dating someone who dated your brother thirty years ago might not be an issue.

No - she never did marry. I don't think the fact that she dated Charles would be a barrier whatsoever. So much cross-pollination in those circles anyway. I was recently reminded that Robin Fellowes, HM's private secretary was not only Diana's brother in law but Sarah F's first cousin once removed. One simply can't move in those circles without bumping into a blood relative.

All the more reason why I suggest a different pond to fish in, for HRH The Duke.

Perhaps Andrew is just perfectly happy with his life the way it is. He has two daughters so no need to start another family. He is apparently still close to his ex-wife and she is still part of his family life.

The idea that a marriage would add something to his life may not be true. He has his family and is also free to date or not to date and perhaps that is all the committments he wants.

Perhaps Andrew is just perfectly happy with his life the way it is. He has two daughters so no need to start another family.

The idea that a marriage would add something to his life may not be true. He has his family and is also free to date or not to date and perhaps that is all the committments he wants.

Oh, I don't think anyone's saying that he must remarry.

She's not HRH The Duchess of York and hasn't been since she and Andrew divorced. She's Sarah Duchess of York, and that won't change unless she remarries. The one thing that Andrew's marrying someone else would do in this regard is to make people aware that Sarah isn't The Duchess of York and will never be again. She simply won't be able to get away with calling herself The Duchess of York when there's another woman using that title in a perfectly legal way.

Actually if Andrew were to remarry it might give her the impetus to get her act together since she would no longer be HRH The Duchess of York and her using the Duchess title would be of diminished value.

Perhaps Andrew is just perfectly happy with his life the way it is. He has two daughters so no need to start another family. He is apparently still close to his ex-wife and she is still part of his family life.

Okay playing devils advocate here for the sake of conversation. Do you think just by happen stance Andrew met the perfect woman in every way meaing she is attractive, smart, has her own career & money, and meets the royal standard would be suited for royal life and is willing to walk the walk in his world out of love. The only thing is however she does not have children of her own and may at least want one. Do you think he would pass on a relationship with her at this stage in his life? Just asking for conversation sake.

Okay playing devils advocate here for the sake of conversation. Do you think just by happen stance Andrew met the perfect woman in every way meaing she is attractive, smart, has her own career & money, and meets the royal standard would be suited for royal life and is willing to walk the walk in his world out of love. The only thing is however she does not have children of her own and may at least want one. Do you think he would pass on a relationship with her at this stage in his life? Just asking for conversation sake.

That woman would have to absolutely knock him for a loop for that to happen. She'd have to be no older than her mid 30's to have a good chance of conceiving and for Andrew to have a child in his 50's might not be all that appealing. I know some guys do it but imagine being in your mid to late 60's with a teenager running around on top of the possibility of several grandkids, some nearer in age to their uncle/aunt than they are to their cousins. You want the children you can spoil without responsibility not one you have to watch as you're supposed to be slowing down.

That and the Sarah situation always seems to cloud things. Can you picture Sarah at 55 getting into trouble and trying to run back to Andrew when he's got a toddler? As a guy I'd rather jam an irate crab down my boxers than try to deal with the situation that could arise between the new wife and the daughters.

That woman would have to absolutely knock him for a loop for that to happen. She'd have to be no older than her mid 30's to have a good chance of conceiving and for Andrew to have a child in his 50's might not be all that appealing. I know some guys do it but imagine being in your mid to late 60's with a teenager running around on top of the possibility of several grandkids, some nearer in age to their uncle/aunt than they are to their cousins. You want the children you can spoil without responsibility not one you have to watch as you're supposed to be slowing down.

That and the Sarah situation always seems to cloud things. Can you picture Sarah at 55 getting into trouble and trying to run back to Andrew when he's got a toddler? As a guy I'd rather jam an irate crab down my boxers than try to deal with the situation that could arise between the new wife and the daughters.

Irate crab that is too funny:ROFLMAO:. Women have had babies in their forties most times it's a surprise when it happens but it is possible if the woman has not hit menopause yet. I admit the idea of Andrew pushing a baby stroller at McDonald's playland that is not his grandchild but his own child would be a site to see. Beatrice said that she wants him to find someone to make him happy. She seems to realize that he & her mother is not a good idea. I think in the end his children just want to see him happy so I think they would accept the new wife if he found one. I don't think he would marry anyone that did not get along with his girls.

That's an interesting question to ponder. He might like to remarry, but I suspect he would prefer her to be 45+ so that the issue of children wouldn't arise. He and Sarah brought the girls up in a family type environment so he is probably happy with his lot at this stage.
I can definately see him playing a round of golf with a grandchild looking on in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom