A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Condoleezza Rice? She's already meet the queen and even played the a few selections for her at BP since she is a accomplished piano player. I think she is 50 so the Duke of York II is not a possiblity with her. So what are the objections to that? Is she too political? Too ethnic? What do you all think?

She was the former Secretary of State under President George W. Bush. Many people in Britain did not agree with the foreign policies of the United States. I will leave the politics out of this but the politics would come into play if she and Prince Andrew became seriously involved with each other. She not too political now in my opinion. However, she had politics in her past.

I have no objections to individuals of differing racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background dating and marrying. In general most Europeans are a lot more tolerant of inter-racial relationships than Americans are. However, there would be some who would be opposed to such a relationship (those who believe one should only marry within their own racial or ethnic group).

There is probably nothing in her past which would creat controversy. Nothing came up when she was confirmed by the Congress that was controversial in her life.

What about Condoleezza Rice? She's already meet the queen and even played the a few selections for her at BP since she is a accomplished piano player. I think she is 50 so the Duke of York II is not a possiblity with her. So what are the objections to that? Is she too political? Too ethnic? What do you all think?

Fantastic. And she'd could sort Sarah out as well. Then we'd have to start a new thread 'A husband for Sarah'

She's hot, she's intelligent, she's accomplished, she's incredibly diplomatic, I think she's too good for him, personally, however, she WOULD be perfect!

She's hot, she's intelligent, she's accomplished, she's incredibly diplomatic, I think she's too good for him, personally, however, she WOULD be perfect!
Thanks Agreed Russo. I think she could truly be his " better half". Since she understands the nature of public opinion due to her past positions she could help improve his image in any areas PA my be lacking if any.

She is way too political to marry into the Britisg royal family due to her very close identification with a political party - a total no-no for the son of the monarch.

She is way too political to marry into the Britisg royal family due to her very close identification with a political party - a total no-no for the son of the monarch.

I saw her on CNN earlier talking about her new book since she has just published her memoirs. She talked about how she has gladly settled in to life as a private citizen and does not miss politics. PA is not very political by tradition and I personally can't see how much worse of a choice she could be as compared to his past choice. But that's my opinion.

I saw her on CNN earlier talking about her new book since she has just published her memoirs. She talked about how she has gladly settled in to life as a private citizen and does not miss politics. PA is not very political by tradition and I personally can't see how much worse of a choice she could be as compared to his past choice. But that's my opinion.

As someone who held a senior position in the government of a foreign power she has way too much political background to even be considered. It isn't about what she says she is doing now but what she has done in the past that makes her unsuitable. Imagine that the British government made a decision during the present presidency but as soon as there is a change they reverse that decision - for whatever reason - there would immediately be claims that she, and the royal family, were inteferring with the government. She has the political baggage and thus isn't a candidate - besides I can't see her taking a backseat to her husband, which she woulf have tyo do - totally unsuitable in so many ways to me but mainly due to her known political preference, which would clash with the apolitical stance of the royal family.

If you wish to quote someone - click the quote botton and it will stand out as a quote.

As someone who held a senior position in the government of a foreign power she has way too much political background to even be considered. It isn't about what she says she is doing now but what she has done in the past that makes her unsuitable. Imagine that the British government made a decision during the present presidency but as soon as there is a change they reverse that decision - for whatever reason - there would immediately be claims that she, and the royal family, were inteferring with the government. She has the political baggage and thus isn't a candidate - besides I can't see her taking a backseat to her husband, which she woulf have tyo do - totally unsuitable in so many ways to me but mainly due to her known political preference, which would clash with the apolitical stance of the royal family.

If you wish to quote someone - click the quote botton and it will stand out as a quote.

"Jeez Stand Down". I only metioned her as a possibility . Also I don't need a tutorial on how to quote someone I am well aware of how to do that. It was simply a brief summary of what she said.

I don't think that Connie Rice would be not the best choice for Andrew. She's too smart. It is not that P. Andrew is stupid, but I think he has very different taste in woman. ;) :p I think it would be someone similar to Sarah. It is not coincidence that Andrew and Sarah still have good relationship. She is his type. :cool:

On the other hand I cannot imagine super intelligent Connie Rice in so not intellectually demanding role like a spouse of royal.:whistling:

As Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice had some degree of power. If you marry or are seriously involved with any royal, an unwritten rule seems to be don't be political. Don't go out and say anything political. She already done this by being Secretary of State.

Since I don't know what hobbies or interests Condoleeza Rice or Prince Andrew have, I don't know if they share common interests or like to do the same type of things. This would be very important in a relationship.

"Jeez Stand Down". I only metioned her as a possibility . Also I don't need a tutorial on how to quote someone I am well aware of how to do that. It was simply a brief summary of what she said.

As you have been quoting me word for word it would make it easier for you to use the quote button but as you don't wish to that is fine by me. I was only trying to help a new member, based on number of posts. Sorry.

As you have been quoting me word for word it would make it easier for you to use the quote button but as you don't wish to that is fine by me. I was only trying to help a new member, based on number of posts. Sorry.

No problem. Thanks. Please forgive me if I took It the wrong way.

As Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice had some degree of power. If you marry or are seriously involved with any royal, an unwritten rule seems to be don't be political. Don't go out and say anything political. She already done this by being Secretary of State.

Since I don't know what hobbies or interests Condoleeza Rice or Prince Andrew have, I don't know if they share common interests or like to do the same type of things. This would be very important in a relationship.
...some degree of power. She was as the Secretary of State of the US the most powerful woman in the world and second only to the President of US. Irregardless of what one thinks of the US and the politics it is still a large, influential and powerful country.

As for Condoleezza Rice she has had a man in her life for a very long time. I doubt Prince Andrew has a chance.

...some degree of power. She was as the Secretary of State of the US the most powerful woman in the world and second only to the President of US. Irregardless of what one thinks of the US and the politics it is still a large, influential and powerful country.

As for Condoleezza Rice she has had a man in her life for a very long time. I doubt Prince Andrew has a chance.

Thanks for your thoughts with which I have no issue with any of it at all. Who is this long time man of Condi's ? Did I miss something? So what's PA options? A half his age bikini model with questonable motives or a 50 year old leeach who acts like she's 21 because she felt so alone. Eeeck Please!

I think women usually want to marry a man who is as least as intelligent than them, or more. Not saying that men don't care about intelligence, but it's not as important to them. But for a very intelligent woman like Condoleeza Rice, I think it would be hard for her to find a partner on the same intellectual level. Prince Andrew is not dumb, but I don't really think he would fit the bill.

Has any senior member of any European royal family ever married a prominent politician?

I didn't know that Condoleeza Rice had a man in her life. I would be curious to know who he is? Perhaps this man likes to be in the background as I've never seen him.

I didn't she had a man in her life, i've never seen or heard anything. Anyone know anything?
I doubt Condoleeza and Andrew would go together.

Condoleeza Rice strikes me as a woman who is very intelligent, is very intellectual and is the studious type. I think a lot of men are intimidated by this. She would be a very interesting person to invite to a dinner party. I'm interested in world affairs and politics.

Most of Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriends especially in his younger days were very different. I'm not saying this to be them down or to imply that they were not smart. I could hardly see them studying for hours in the library, reading material on world and foreign affairs or even being that interested in these topics. These women liked to go out on the town several times a week. I would imagine that Sarah Ferguson would fit this bill. There's nothing wrong with this. It's a different lifestyle than someone who is a bookwork or intellectual.

I would imagine few of these women had college degrees. I'm not sure if Sarah Ferguson had a college degree? Did she? In the recent past, some of the women Prince Andrew has been linked to have had college degrees or higher.

If Condoleeza Rice and Prince Andrew have someone in their life, then it is a moot point about them going on a date or getting together.

Condoleeza Rice and Andrew? Either you are kidding or you're taking yourself too seriously here in this forum. This is never going to happen and fortunately the Yorks are a happy family, even if in a peculiar way. Whether you like it or not.

Whatever I am done with the subject. No more post from me on this.
It was worthy of the banter, Hon. :flowers:

I have never seen Condolezza Rice with any man so I cannot confirm nor deny anything there.

Prince Andrew has indeed had his share of different women, from Angie Everhart--Russo's opinion is that she's NOT the sharpest pencil in the box--to that cool blonde Amanda what's-her-name with a gift of making money to Koo Stark. Rather hard to say that PA has a "type" unless they are red-headed.

It was worthy of the banter, Hon. :flowers:

I have never seen Condolezza Rice with any man so I cannot confirm nor deny anything there.

Prince Andrew has indeed had his share of different women, from Angie Everhart--Russo's opinion is that she's NOT the sharpest pencil in the box--to that cool blonde Amanda what's-her-name with a gift of making money to Koo Stark. Rather hard to say that PA has a "type" unless they are red-headed.
Thank you for having my back Russo.

Condoleeza Rice and Andrew? Either you are kidding or you're taking yourself too seriously here in this forum. This is never going to happen and fortunately the Yorks are a happy family, even if in a peculiar way. Whether you like it or not.

I think you may be taking these posts too seriously. :lol: Is Prince Andrew a fan of American Football? Condoleeza's dream job is to be named commissioner of the NFL. Any fantasy marriage would be helped by his interest in the sport.

I think you may be taking these posts too seriously. :lol: Is Prince Andrew a fan of American Football? Condoleeza's dream job is to be named commissioner of the NFL. Any fantasy marriage would be helped by his interest in the sport.
Golf Darling. PA adores the sport. I don't think Connie is a golf kinda gal. :D

Personally, I don't think Andrew will take another wife..

The only woman that he has been consistently involved with is Sarah.. and they have shared a home together, or lived next door to one another, for all the years following their divorce.

There is probably no one on earth that knows Andrew better.. and their close relationship is a testament to their commitment to each other, and to their children.

I just don't see another woman taking Sarah's place in Andrew's life or affections.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of her.. he has in the past and continues to this day, to stand by her.

I didn't know that Condoleeza Rice had a man in her life. I would be curious to know who he is? Perhaps this man likes to be in the background as I've never seen him.
She dated and was for a short time engaged to pro-football player Rich Upchurch.

hahaha yes! What about Baroness Thatcher? She has only recently celebrated her 85th birthday and is free. Would not she be an appropriate choice for Andrew?:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom