A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you're saying definitely makes sense, but...people can also do very surprising things. :flowers: Especially when it comes to love.

I have reasons for thinking Andrew and Sarah will remarry, but some of them are based on sources of information I'm not sure I want to reveal on a public forum, so I'll leave it at this...people don't always do what we might expect them to. :)

As for them being apart for 17 years, I think it's less interesting that Andrew and Sarah have been separated for 17 years and haven't remarried each other, than that they've been separated for 17 years yet neither has remarried anyone else. Most people who separate in their 30s seem to have found someone else after 17 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Andrew and Sarah ever fell out of love with each but more Sarah fell out of love with the royal side of Andrew and he understood that.

I don't see them remarrying because to me they have the best 'royal' relationship around. She is free to do what she wants without the constraints of being royal, having done her duty as a wife and given Andrew two legitimate heirs. To me it seems that they are a couple in everyway that many of my friends are - namely 'common law' or 'de facto' but not in a formal marriage.

I accept that not that long ago it was unthinkable that C&C might marry, but I do think the situation was very different. Charles wanted to have her by his side, in his public role. Also, it was important that Charles' private life be resolved given his important constitutional role, and his future role in relation to the CoE. Andrew does not really have these constraints. He has a limited public role, and his role as trade ambassador is certainly not necessarily going to be enhanced with Sarah by his side. So no compulsions there.

That said, I am sure that if Andrew really wanted to remarry Sarah, he will get the consent of the Queen or Charles, whoever is on the throne.

That said, I am sure that if Andrew really wanted to remarry Sarah, he will get the consent of the Queen or Charles, whoever is on the throne.
I honestly don't see that happening any time soon.

I don't think the Queen would give consent to the re-marriage while the Duke of Edinburgh is alive. From what I remember he was particularly unhappy with Sarah when she was all over the media with her toesucking.

I think it more likely that Charles would give consent when he is King.

I think they will always be together in some way...I would love to see them back together.

Not likely. Sarah has stated many times she is not suited for royal life and has no desire to return to it.

Yes, and Andrew also said in a recent interview that they are "in a better place now" and that he wouldn`t remarry Sarah.
Then again, Andrew once said he didn`t rule out remarriage to Sarah. They could be saying something different in another 4 or 6 years.

I myself don't want to see them back together, it would just cause more trouble, and end possible in divorce.
However if it makes Andrew happy.. :ermm:

A Wife for Prince Andrew

I love this thread, but, please, some suggestions for suitable ladies, it's very difficult, but they must be some out there somewhere

I think royal men have a pretty hard time finding their special someone to be their side because of the baggage they carry them. Then you add in the worry of "is she marrying me because of my titles and money" or "is she really marrying me for love?" Andrew doesn't really have as big of a baggage as Charles but he's still the Queen's son.

It's one thing to marry into a family like the Kennedy's or the Bush family and quite another to marry into a royal household. Remember you don't just marry the prince or princess, you marry the whole country as well. You're giving up your career, privacy and in Mary's you leave your homeland and Maxima too. One minute you're this normal person going about you're everyday life next thing you know you're a crown princess whose actions are being critiqued by everyone.

Of course any wife of Andrew's would NOT be a 'crown princess'. In Britain the Crown Princess is Camilla.

Yes, and Andrew also said in a recent interview that they are "in a better place now" and that he wouldn`t remarry Sarah.

Then again, Andrew once said he didn`t rule out remarriage to Sarah. They could be saying something different in another 4 or 6 years.
I don't think so. It was very telling at his 50th birthday party that he called her his "3rd child". I just finished reading Lesley Players book about the Duchess and I can see where Sarah really hasn't grown up though Andrew had and did.

I am sure that one day they will be married again. The have a good relationship now and still love each other. :flowers: I would be happy to see Sarah in royal family again.

From everything I've read, I see it that Prince Andrew was saddled with Sarah to keep her out of trouble, so to speak. But hey, dream all you want, that's what makes life interesting.:flowers:

Well I think that Sarah is wiser today as she was back then.

I hope you're right though I still see her making the same mistakes again most notably in her finances.

You have to remember that there has been a serious recession and a lot of people, not just Sarah, have lost money. Yes, maybe she should have been more careful where she placed her money, but most of Sarah's financial problems this time around have been caused by companies collapsing/suspending their shares...not because of over-spending (as in the 1990s).

In the last year or two, I've noticed that Sarah has often worn items of clothing multiple times...she's not trying to live the lifestyle of a royal anymore in that respect, at least.

We own our own business so we are very well aware of the recession.
I am concerned she is putting her trust in the wrong place again--RE: Johnny Bryan the so-called financial advisor.

I am sure that one day they will be married again. The have a good relationship now and still love each other. :flowers: I would be happy to see Sarah in royal family again.
I agree with you. I would like to see them together again.

Well I think that Sarah is wiser today as she was back then.
I agree with you.

You have to remember that there has been a serious recession and a lot of people, not just Sarah, have lost money. Yes, maybe she should have been more careful where she placed her money, but most of Sarah's financial problems this time around have been caused by companies collapsing/suspending their shares...not because of over-spending (as in the 1990s).

In the last year or two, I've noticed that Sarah has often worn items of clothing multiple times...she's not trying to live the lifestyle of a royal anymore in that respect, at least.
I say the same as you. This time is because of the economic recession.

I rather not having a Monarchy at all if they let that woman back into the Firm...

Well, I'd still like to see a Monarchy minus Sarah.
The problem I have here is that she spends, spends, spends.
Part of their divorce was for this reason, among other things.
So I think he'd be a bit wary of any remarriage between them.
But to other people YES, why not.

The problem I have is not only the spending it is the coat tail riding. They are divorced after all. The Princesses are over 20 after all. He lets her. I am wondering why. There has to be more that meets the eye than is being said.

You've said before that you think there's more than meets the eye with Sarah living with Andrew, etc...what do you think is going on?

The problem I have is not only the spending it is the coat tail riding. They are divorced after all. The Princesses are over 20 after all. He lets her. I am wondering why. There has to be more that meets the eye than is being said.

That is obvious to most people - they are a de facto couple living together, supporting each other and being a family. It is the perfect royal arrangement - having the partnership without the royal duties for the wife who didn't really want to do them but also with the two heirs in case.

I don't see them remarrying at a stage that would bring her back into the royal family in a real way but I do see them together in old age (with maybe something close to a death bed marriage so that they can be buried together in a royal plot at Windsor.

What I think is that Andrew is still in love with her. He always has been, always will be, and imo, when Her Majesty goes to that great throne room in the sky, they will remarry.

You've said before that you think there's more than meets the eye with Sarah living with Andrew, etc...what do you think is going on?
I think Andrew is trying to keep her out of trouble as best as he can and I'd bet a good bottle of Merlot that HM and Prince Philip charged him with that duty. He's been quite the gentleman to Sarah and he's more than once bailed her out housing-wise. We've seen that PA has had more than 1 romance and Sarah has moved on as well.
Do you guys remember when Sarah was with the children at Ascot making a complete spectacle of herself?? The next day, there was Andrew. I'll just bet HM said, "Andrew, see to that woman, please, she is your ex wife after all!"
This because, if you have read the Fergie: Confidential Book, and Alan Starkie's book on Fergie you know she is her own worse enemy.

I read that Starkie book last week in the library, since it was getting so much mention in this forum. Apparently I hadn't read it before. While I do believe that the book is basically a true account of Starkie's experiences with Sarah and her behaviour, I also want to point out that Starkie declared in the book that he and John Bryan "tried to manipulate Sarah" by sometimes appearing friendly to her and sometimes dropping out of contact. Yet Starkie writes that he didn't feel guilty, because he also tried to help Sarah manipulate John Bryan! He also watched John Bryan verbally abuse Sarah, declared that Sarah appeared terrified of Bryan, and was aware that Bryan rarely showed up at his actual job, but still hung around with Bryan and Sarah, apparently because he believed they could make big money out of Sarah. So I have to say I don't have the hugest respect for Allan Starkie. And when he claims that he was frustrated because Sarah didn't appear to be a loyal friend to him (because of course he was being "friends" with her for totally altruistic purposes himself!), or didn't follow through on her business commitments with him, I find it interesting that he doesn't seem to consider the possibility that she didn't fully trust him. Because, while we're on the subject of former "friends" who decided to write tell-all books about their relationship with Sarah, Sarah's psychic Madame Vasso had transcripts of phone conversations in which Sarah said she was uncomfortable with Bryan but basically stayed in a relationship with him because she thought he could help her out of her financial difficulties.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it might be important to consider that Sarah was inconsistent with Allan Starkie and didn't always follow through on her commitments with him partly, yes, because that's her personality, but partly also because she didn't (for good reason, IMO) completely trust him.

:previous:Actually, that's a very good assessment, rmay. Though consider the people Sarah surrounded herself with. Sort of reminds you of Diana, doesn't it? All the tried and true friends being winnowed out and a bunch of hangers on' moving in. That is an occupational hazard when one is in the public eye.

We really don't hear much about Sarah's friends unless her friend is a man. Does anyone know who her friends are? It's easy to get the impression that, except for Andrew and the Norweigan man, she doesn't have any friends. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom