A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on! Bertie and Osipi, did not the Queen change the line of succession after she made Anne Princess Royal so women would inherit directly and not after there was male issue?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. :flowers:

I'm not sure if I understand what your saying, but do you mean that The Queen changed the line of succesion so that if someone had two daughters and then had a son, the daughters would stay further up in the line of succesion?

Because that's not the case, example would be Lady Louise Windsor, is 9th in line to the throne, after her younger brother James, Viscount Severn.

Changing it in the way I think your talking about, would mean have equal primogenture for the line of succesion, which the UK does not have.

I'm not sure if I understand what your saying, but do you mean that The Queen changed the line of succesion so that if someone had two daughters and then had a son, the daughters would stay further up in the line of succesion?

Because that's not the case, example would be Lady Louise Windsor, is 9th in line to the throne, after her younger brother James, Viscount Severn.

Changing it in the way I think your talking about, would mean have equal primogenture for the line of succesion, which the UK does not have.
Yes, that is what I am saying. I had read something to that effect after HM make PA PR however! Russo does not know if HM went through with it which is why correcting Russo is in order. HA!

Yes, that is what I am saying. I had read something to that effect after HM make PA PR however! Russo does not know if HM went through with it which is why correcting Russo is in order. HA!

Well if she did go through with it, which she didn't, that change would be making the line of succesion equal, which hasn't happened yet.
Males still come before females.

If she had changed it then Anne would be 4th after Charles, William and Harry but she is 10th after her three brothers and their children and like Lumutqueen has said Louise was pushed down the order when James was born and that was long after Anne was created Princess Royal.

Equal inheritance has been discussed but it hasn't happened and it wouldn't be up to the Queen anyway but Parliament would have to pass legislation to change the inheritance laws and the Queen and Parliament are reluctant to have debates on any major issues involving the royals such as this aspect of the inheritance laws and the Act of Settlement issue as well.

If she had changed it then Anne would be 4th after Charles, William and Harry but she is 10th after her three brothers and their children and like Lumutqueen has said Louise was pushed down the order when James was born and that was long after Anne was created Princess Royal.

Equal inheritance has been discussed but it hasn't happened and it wouldn't be up to the Queen anyway but Parliament would have to pass legislation to change the inheritance laws and the Queen and Parliament are reluctant to have debates on any major issues involving the royals such as this aspect of the inheritance laws and the Act of Settlement issue as well.
That is what I was wondering. Thanks Bertie! :flowers:

@Irish Eyes "One problem that I do see arising in the future will be at the girls' weddings. Obviously Sarah and Andrew will be front row centre but where, in relation to Sarah, will the Queen and DoE be seated? "

Well, let's see...most likely, they will be seated where they are seated at every other royal wedding.

I'd like to see Sarah and Andrew re-wed. However, I think they have a better chance at happiness if they do not. They are two of my favorites and I want them to be happy --- married or not.

But, then again, there is sooooo much hissing going on about Sarah that it just might make Andrew angry enough to propose again!

Hang on! Bertie and Osipi, did not the Queen change the line of succession after she made Anne Princess Royal so women would inherit directly and not after there was male issue?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. :flowers:

Kitty Atlanta, TONS darling, though I don't know if some would be considered "suitable" by the BRF. Halle Berry comes to mind as she is such a gorgeous creature!
Sade, she might be too old.
The Indian gal who plays Divia on Royal Pains is a stunner.
These women are all strong, gorgeous and Russo is soooo envious of their beautiful skin!

You are sooooo right, Russophile. I too envy their exotic looks. Halle Berry is a bit too old too (for a son) and has been married too many times. Sade is not too old, I think she's around 50 give or take a year or two (prob. no heir). I had an Indian boyfriend long ago, Chandrakant. He was the most beautiful man I ever hugged!!!

@Irish Eyes "One problem that I do see arising in the future will be at the girls' weddings. Obviously Sarah and Andrew will be front row centre but where, in relation to Sarah, will the Queen and DoE be seated? "

Well, let's see...most likely, they will be seated where they are seated at every other royal wedding.

I'd like to see Sarah and Andrew re-wed. However, I think they have a better chance at happiness if they do not. They are two of my favorites and I want them to be happy --- married or not.

But, then again, there is sooooo much hissing going on about Sarah that it just might make Andrew angry enough to propose again!

Oh you do like a bit of mischief, Prince Philip won't sleep a wink if he is reading this. But I agree, Andrew might have been angry with Sarah at first, but since then I imagine he's is a bit protective of her.
Angry enough to propose again, time will tell but they have the best of both worlds at the moment.

Halle Berry has only been married twice which is the same amount times that Charles and Anne have been married. Of course, they are still married to their second spouses but still.

Halle Berry has only been married twice which is the same amount times that Charles and Anne have been married. Of course, they are still married to their second spouses but still.
Halle is now separated from him. And they have that gorgeous child too.

@ Irish Eyes, I would imagine Andrew is protective in that she--Sarah has been through the ringer. Sort of like a dog who's been kicked too many times. I am no fan of Sarah's however! There comes a time when you just feel so sorry for the gal you have to help. I just hope she stays out of trouble!

"I would especially enjoy seeing him marry someone not necessarily of 100% white heritage."

She can be any colour he likes, as long as she's not Catholic! (Not my opinion, but that 'Act of Settlement' 1700-and-whatever)

She can be any colour he likes, as long as she's not Catholic! (Not my opinion, but that 'Act of Settlement' 1700-and-whatever)

How about this for a hoot? Prince Andrew remarries and his bride is Oprah. That way they'd have Sarah very well covered. :ROFLMAO:

Actually Halle has been married twice, her former husbands are David Justice, a former baseball player and Eric Benet an R & B singer. The father of her child is Gabriel Aubry, and they are not married. And their daughter Nahla, is adorable.

A nice woman for Andrew as Sarah is not an option.............food for thought. Any eligible English artistocrats out there?

Actually Halle has been married twice, her former husbands are David Justice, a former baseball player and Eric Benet an R & B singer. The father of her child is Gabriel Aubry, and they are not married. And their daughter Nahla, is adorable.

A nice woman for Andrew as Sarah is not an option.............food for thought. Any eligible English artistocrats out there?
But Zonk, don't you think that any English Aristo would shy away from The Firm? THey already understand the workings of it and the constraints.

That might be true Russo.

The only reason I mentioned English aristocrats because lets face it people marry and date people who are in their social circle uniless its Fate throwing someone their way.

Who does Andrew socialize with...rich Europeans and Aristrocrats.

Personally I am not sure Andrew will remarry.

Personally I am not sure Andrew will remarry.
I don't think he will either. There is no reason for it. He doesn't seem to be in love (to quote Prince Charles "Whatever that means." :D) he doesn't need comfort or a team mate of sorts. He has servants to take care of most needs and a ex wife with benefits for the others. Really, there isn't a reason to remarry.

Whilel there is no need for the Duke to marry, he has two daughters he loves, and there is no need for a son to inheirit the Duke title, I do wish he had a companion of sorts. One he can take out in public at least to private events.

I also feel bad when the BRF is together and Charles has Camilla, the Queen has the Duke, Anne has Tim, Edward has Sophie and Andrew has space.

He has servants to take care of most needs and a ex wife with benefits for the others.

Oh Russo, you are very naughty!!!
My imagination has gone into overdrive, surely your not suggesting the unthinkable............

It would be the death of Prince Philip, if he is reading this he won't sleep a wink tonight worrying.

Then again their attempt at divorce has always seemed a bit half hearted.

Whilel there is no need for the Duke to marry, he has two daughters he loves, and there is no need for a son to inheirit the Duke title, I do wish he had a companion of sorts. One he can take out in public at least to private events.

I also feel bad when the BRF is together and Charles has Camilla, the Queen has the Duke, Anne has Tim, Edward has Sophie and Andrew has space.

I hear you Zonk, I really do, but if he really wanted a special someone he wouldn't have much trouble finding her.
Whatever his reasons, whether his heart still lies elsewhere, or whether he just likes his freedom with no ties I assume he must be content enough, otherwise he would be doing something about it.
A girlfriend is one thing but I get the feeling another child isn't something he longs for. He sees Sarah as the mother of his children, he has his daughters and from that point of view he is very happy with his lot.

I don't think that Prince Andrew will re-marry anytime soon. Perhaps later down the road. While they are divorced, there is still an strong emotional link or bond between them that you don't usually see with divorced couples especially ones who have been divorced for a long time. This is better for everyone involved. A divorced couple who is bitter or fighting with each other all the time is not good for anyone involved especially children.

Actually you were making up a list of what would be needed.. in a wife for Andrew and I just presumed you meant Andrew too. For Andrew to marry again as a royal with his mother's permission, he'd have to be a widower.

Actually she's taught me lot and I follow her posts whenever I can.

The Duchess of York is a title and means that she is married to the Duke of York. Sarah, Duchess of York is a courtesy style. Mostly denoting that she is a former wife of the Duke of York.

Just as Diana, Princess of Wales is a courtesy style of a divorced wife of the Prince of Wales. It may even surprise you to know that actually Camilla is The Princess of Wales because she is married to The Prince of Wales. She has chosen to be styled as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall of her own choice. Wherever you hear of someone saying Princess Diana, that's a title she has never had in her lifetime. You've heard I think of Princess Michael of Kent? She married Prince Michael but when she married him, she took his titles and styles. She is not a Princess in her own right but is Princess Michael. While Diana was married to the PoW, she was HRH The Princess of Wales but never Princess Diana. Sarah when married to Andrew was HRH The Duchess of York and I believe also was entitled to be called The Princess Andrew. It does get confusing and its with this kind of thing that many on these forums know about and have taught me... and I appreciate it. There's a world of differences between titles and styles and I'm still trying to wrap them around the few remaining brain cells I have.

Interesting, this forum is full of knowledgeable people. Thanks for the lesson. It's Sarah, Duchess of York. She's not Sarah The Duchess of York. If we're talking of her we still call her 'the Duchess of York'. Sometimes. And yes, I've heard of Marie-Christine. I know her better than you think. :)

Today I learned a lot! :wacko::lol:

So - I guess now that we have come to some sort of list, do we have any candidates?

Who wants to crack open the Gotha and pick out some candidates?

Who wants to crack open the Who's Who in business for Europe, for SE Asia/Australia/NZ?

Who wants to make up a list of completely unsuitable international celebrities with tawdry pasts just to keep it lively?

Who wants to find a great pic of Andrew with a female next to him, so we can Photoshop her head and face off and try out new companions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I best stay out of this one my friends. Our well known society girls here are a bit typically Irish you see (you know, red hair, fair skin, freacles,)
Remind you of anyone? More Fergieness than Fergie herself.
They could be even more trouble than the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are indeed going to make this list, some rules maybe required.

1. At Andrew's age, 50, if he marries someone any younger than IMO 35 or older than 60 it's going to cause a bit of a stir. Because if he meets this woman tommorow, we'd have to wait at least 2 years before a marriage.
2. I think someone with a title would be muchly appreciated, but not neccesary.
3. Someone not well known might be good, but then again if you've got someone who has been in the limelight quite a lot then this woman would be used to the press.
4. Family woman, because she's going to have to meet his girls, and more than likely meet his ex at some point.
5. Somone who can stand her ground, mainly on the subject of Sarah.

Anything else?

That's an excellent start, lumut. I completely agree with a floor of age 35. What about an older lady? Age 35-55 perhaps?

Title by birth or by prior marriage? I suppose it doesn't matter.

That's an excellent start, lumut. I completely agree with a floor of age 35. What about an older lady? Age 35-55 perhaps?

Title by birth or by prior marriage? I suppose it doesn't matter.

35-55 seems a good estimate.
That's another thing, divorcee or first time marriage?
I think a title from birth would be better because if the wife had a title from a previous marriage she could be accused of "moving up on the royal ladder" etc.

Why would he have to wait 2 years before he marries?

Why would he have to wait 2 years before he marries?

He wouldn't have to, but he would want to make sure that this woman was capable of doing the job Fergie didn't.
IMO one year to make sure he loved her properly, another to make sure she was right for the job.
He doesn't want another failed marriage.

:wub:
If one looks at 'Prince Andrew's current events thread' for today -- then we know what he likes, so we can just work on perfecting this 'proto-type'.

But it will take just a little more body work from Prince Andrew to make this match making easier.

In the current events thread some of us were discussing Koo Stark, now I don't know much about their relationship. But what I'v re-searched, she looks like a wonderful woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom