A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never marry again, unfortunately they have the best of both worlds.
They can do what they like together, and not have the troubles of being married. It's amazing how a piece of paper will change a relationship.

Just curious what makes you think that Fergalious?
I would have thought that the recent scandal would have ended any chance of remarriage once and for all.
Fergie didn't exactly obey the rules before, so I don't think it's a case of safer have her on the inside than outside. When she gets it wrong now, the powers that be can always say "she's no longer officially a member of the royal family".
I really don't think Andrew would want to remarry for those reasons, and Sarah certainly wouldn't say YES if she thought for a second that was why Andrew wanted it.

I would have thought that the recent scandal would have ended any chance of remarriage once and for all.
Fergie didn't exactly obey the rules before, so I don't think it's a case of safer have her on the inside than outside. When she gets it wrong now, the powers that be can always say "she's no longer officially a member of the royal family".
I really don't think Andrew would want to remarry for those reasons, and Sarah certainly wouldn't say YES if she thought for a second that was why Andrew wanted it.
My thoughts exactly! I can't believe people are actually wanting them to re-marry after what she just did! :ohmy:
And it's not about forgiving. It's the fact that she's just unsuitable and still manages to cause trouble/scandal even some 20 years after the divorce.

@Irish Eyes because I believe they love each other still. And they live in a different world. They don't care much about press and opinions, only now. But in ten years this scandall will be forgotten and then they can marry again. A love story like Charles and Camilla and Edward and Wallis. But different.:)

You can't imagine him loving anyone as much, but you also can't imagine anyone more unsuited to a life lived in the spotlight. That's what makes it very sad. It doesn't make any sense that she would do what she did, but yet she would probably jump off a bridge for that same man if she had too.

I remember Fergie saying once that when they were going out Andrew would sometimes go around to her flat, bit different to what he was used to. The big joke after a night out was "Your palace or mine"? You know what, they might have been happier in her palace.

I remember Fergie saying once that when they were going out Andrew would sometimes go around to her flat, bit different to what he was used to. The big joke after a night out was "Your palace or mine"? You know what, they might have been happier in her palace.

Love that Irish Eyes. I just wonder about that quote. Maybe things would not be so bad know.:ermm:

Andrew teasing her about her rather humble abode, I like to think it's true.

I always have the impression that there is unfinished business between them but whether they get another chance is another story.
I imagine there would be a whole lot of people with a whole lot to say if a reunion was on the cards.
You only live once and you can never imagine Andrew marrying a size 8, model type, blonde. It just wouldn't seem right somehow.

I happen to think that since the scandal the chances of a remarriage have actually increased as it would give the royals greater control over her and her actions. I do see Andrew having his staff take over her affairs could be a sign of clearing the decks for a low key announcement of their remarriage. I can also seeing them staying as they are - a de-facto couple.

One problem that I do see arising in the future will be at the girls' weddings. Obviously Sarah and Andrew will be front row centre but where, in relation to Sarah, will the Queen and DoE be seated?

I happen to think that since the scandal the chances of a remarriage have actually increased as it would give the royals greater control over her and her actions. I do see Andrew having his staff take over her affairs could be a sign of clearing the decks for a low key announcement of their remarriage. I can also seeing them staying as they are - a de-facto couple.

One problem that I do see arising in the future will be at the girls' weddings. Obviously Sarah and Andrew will be front row centre but where, in relation to Sarah, will the Queen and DoE be seated?

Maybe, just maybe you are right. I think their story has a few chapters left yet.
Oh now there's a thought. Surely they can't be too far away from
S and A. Wouldn't you just love to be in charge of those seating arrangements.

I very much doubt Andrew will remarry Sarah. Sarah has not, will not cannot change. She would always be a liability for the BRF and that would, in and of itself, burn PA out. The ex idiot was the same way: If things are going swimmingly, they HAVE to create DRAMA. :nonono:

I would presume given that HM is the Queen that she would be the last to be seated at the ceremony followed only by the bride and her wedding party. Seating wise I would imagine HM would also get top seating precedence with the DoE, Andrew and Sarah in very close proximity. Just my gut feeling on this.

I really don't see a remarriage in the foreseeable future for Sarah and Andrew as that would put her right back into the royal fishbowl and all the public duties that come along with it. As its been stated, they have the best of both worlds right now and why fix something that isn't broke?

I think their story has a few chapters left yet.

In the early 1990s Sarah was known for having affairs, being overweight and overspending. Who would have thought that in ten years she would be known for being a successful businesswoman who had lost the weight, paid off the debts and was raising her children happily together with her ex-husband?

And when Sarah was the successful businesswoman who had rebuilt her life, who would have thought that in ten years she would be at rock bottom again or engulfed by scandal? Or that, while the scandals made her divorce Andrew the first time around, the second time they would make her actually move closer to him--live in his house and surrender control of her finances to him?

It`s fascinating to me. You couldn`t make up a story with more ups and downs. I also don`t think we`ve seen the last of the Sarah and Andrew saga.

The other fascinating thing to me is that no matter what people wish Andrew would or wouldn`t do, he`s the person in this story who has been completely consistent for the last 25 years. No matter what Sarah has said or done, he stands by her. I don`t necessarily think Andrew`s in love with Sarah, but I also get the impression that he isn`t looking for anyone else, either. He met Sarah and that was it.

You are so right. They have been together now for 1/4 of a century and although for most of that time they have been divorced I still believe that they are, and have been since that wedding day in 1986, a true couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the DoE dislikes Sarah so much he might not even attend the York girls weddings...sad as it sounds I think he would plead illness rather than having to be in close proximity.:sad:

Never, well depending on when they get married, he might not have to "plead" ill but he may actually well be ill.
However he isn't going to miss his granddaughter weddings because of their mother, he won't have to sit with her at any point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never, well depending on when they get married, he might not have to "plead" ill but he may actually well be ill.
However he isn't going to miss his granddaughter weddings because of their mother, he won't have to sit with her at any point.

That is exactly the problem - they will have to be in the same pew in the church. She would be the mother of the bride and would have a seat in the front row next to Andrew. Next to them would be the Queen and DoE so he would be one person away or maybe two if the Queen and Andrew were between them but only after Andrew has handed the girl in question over to her husband to be.

I would also expect the DoE to realise that he would forever damage the relationship and memories that his granddaughters have of him if he didn't attend simply because of who their mother was and that she was to be there. I would expect that he would grin and bare being in Sarah's company for the six hours of so of the wedding and reception.

I would hate to think the DoE would stay away because of Sarah.
It would say a lot more about him than Sarah.

The DoE has always done his duty by HM, and I don't think that he'd embarrass the Queen by trying to avoid his grand-daughters' weddings--even if he wanted to.

I think the DoE dislikes Sarah so much he might not even attend the York girls weddings...sad as it sounds I think he would plead illness rather than having to be in close proximity.:sad:

I do not think that is likely. DoE is likely to see his role as grand father as far more important than his personal view of Sarah.

because I believe they love each other still. And they live in a different world. They don't care much about press and opinions, only now. But in ten years this scandall will be forgotten and then they can marry again.

How can you be so sure about that? We all know this is out of this world.:ermm: And how do you know that they don't care about the press?

i don't think it is good thing to speak about the private life of other people all the time. We do not know them, it must hurt them! And i still believe they marry again. In ten years nobody will know about the scandall anymore. I think that Andrew still loves Sarah so much and that is why he never married again and I also believe he is waiting that Sarah makes the first move. So that they can get back together again.:flowers: I know they are a happy family!

In ten years nobody will know about the scandall anymore.

I believe that, like all of her many scandals of the past that we can all recount like beads on a rosary, this latest pathetic bit of business cannot and will not be forgotten.

Sadly, I believe that The Prince Philip will be gone by the time that the princesses marry. I'm sure that if Andrew sits in the same pew as Sarah, there will be those who say that it bodes for a remarriage for the two. I think, as another poster said, pigs will fly before that happens.

Sarah is an embarrasment; Andrew could have done so very much better. He still can, actually.

Last edited:
@Irish Eyes because I believe they love each other still. And they live in a different world. They don't care much about press and opinions, only now. But in ten years this scandall will be forgotten and then they can marry again. A love story like Charles and Camilla and Edward and Wallis. But different.:)

Yes people will have forgotten this scandal, because there will have been many many more that they can talk about. Also if they loved it each other, and wanted to marry, they could have done it a long time ago. And if she really loved Andrew this scandal would never have existed.

i don't think it is good thing to speak about the private life of other people all the time. We do not know them, it must hurt them! And i still believe they marry again. In ten years nobody will know about the scandall anymore. I think that Andrew still loves Sarah so much and that is why he never married again and I also believe he is waiting that Sarah makes the first move. So that they can get back together again.:flowers: I know they are a happy family!

Just because he has never married again, doesn't mean he still loves his ex wife. If he really loved her, surely they could have worked out whatever was troubling them when they divorced because they do love each other ever so much. I'm sure home alone, both together Sarah has tried many times to make a move on Andrew and I bet he has turned her away.
And if Andrew wanted to get back together with his ex, he could just as easy wrap her in his arms and whisk her away, he is not the main to stand back and wait for a woman. If he wants something, he'll get it.
How do you know they are a happy family, at the moment I think they are a very tense family.

I totally agree with what NotAPretender says; Sarah is an embarrassment always has been and always will be.

she is a human being do not call her embarressment. I think Andrew and Sarah are made for each other. It is so long since they divorced and Sarah could have other men and richer or younger.And Andrew too.

she is a human being do not call her embarressment. I think Andrew and Sarah are made for each other. It is so long since they divorced and Sarah could have other men and richer or younger.And Andrew too.
Okay, Sarah is a human being who's an embarrassment to the BRF. Better?

:D

I think that if any of them wanted to be married they would have done so long time ago. It would be nice for them to be a family like everyone else. My vote is for "re-marry"

I`ve seen these videos, but thanks Irish Eyes for posting them. I will never get over Andrew`s expression on 0:22 in the first video. It`s the epitome of "totally in love".

I was fascinated by British royal history as a young child, but I still remember the minute I was paging through some books of royal photographs from the 1980s. I knew Andrew and Sarah were separated at the time, but I remember looking closer at their body language and the way they looked at each other in those photographs, and I think I fell in love with them as a couple that day. I never will stop loving them as a couple.

That was around 1996...little did I know that 14 years later, neither would have remarried and they`d still be living in the same house. Tomorrow (today in England, I guess) would have been their 24th anniversary.

Memories...what a great couple and what a beautiful wedding! :whistling:

It will be 24 years on Saturday but I remember it well...unlike Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah were so obviously giddy with joy and love on their big day.

I was certain that this marriage would stand the test of time.:sad:

Memories...what a great couple and what a beautiful wedding! :whistling:

It will be 24 years on Saturday but I remember it well...unlike Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah were so obviously giddy with joy and love on their big day.

I was certain that this marriage would stand the test of time.:sad:

The marriage mightn't have stood the test of time but the relationship has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom