A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no York re-marriage.
I do not believe that we should forget that a spouse got into a toe-sucking session with her accountant while on vacations with her children and by going so she not only cheated on her beloved husband but publicly humiliated him and HIM is the lovely and adorable Prince Andrew!

Andrew acted as a true prince by keeping his mouth shout and remaining courteaous to his former wife. If he was to remarry Sarah, it would be humiliating again after all she has done!

Princess BellyFlop said:
No, no York re-marriage.
I do not believe that we should forget that a spouse got into a toe-sucking session with her accountant while on vacations with her children and by going so she not only cheated on her beloved husband but publicly humiliated him and HIM is the lovely and adorable Prince Andrew!

Andrew acted as a true prince by keeping his mouth shout and remaining courteaous to his former wife. If he was to remarry Sarah, it would be humiliating again after all she has done!

I agree, I don't think Q Elizabeth will allow it either...

I read somewhere that they still love each other, I would like it.

Come on people, its not up to you whether she is fogivable for her PAST mistakes. She lived through them and came out stronger. The Queen respects her and her and Andrew still love each other. If they want to remarry than there is no reason not to support them. She does a lot of good work. She is unique. There is no mold as to what a princess should be and she made her role fit her. She was a modern princess. She still does good even though she doesnt have to. If Andrew will take her back then God bless him and let the church bells ring. You cant have a perfect royal family. They are a normal family and you will get many different personalities in it.

You're right, its not up to us, if P Andrew and her family forgive her then who am I to disagree. I just wouldn't support it and I think that is the general feeling here in Britain (of course I don't claim to speak for everyone)...
That could all change of course, with the right PR, I mean, people have warmed to Camilla, including some of her sternest critics...

My personal opinion, is that I don't support a re-marriage. But thats only because I think that marriage and divorce are serious decisions, and have a huge impact especially on children involved. I just hope that whatever they decide, its for good...

I am not sure they really would want to remarry, especially since Sarah has made it clear on a number of occasions that she is happier being on her own, rather than having duties and responsibilities as HRH.

I think they are firm in their love for the girls and being together as a family for them, which is certainly wonderful. But, I doubt we will ever see a remarriage.

Am I Bothered said:
I don't think Q Elizabeth will allow it either...

I think Prince Philip would be adamantly against it and I can't see the Queen taking a stand against her husband on a remarriage. The Duke makes most of the decisions when it comes to family matters.

Am I Bothered said:
I agree, I don't think Q Elizabeth will allow it either...

I don't think the problem is the Queen...I think the problem is with her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh. From what I gather, he cannot stand Fergie and what she did to Andrew and the embarrassment she caused the Royals. In his eyes, she could never redeem herself.

Yes but the Duke of Edinburough is old. If Andrew wants to remarry then he will. The Queen will have to approve so not to cause a scandal. Andrew is a grown man and he can definitly stand up to his father, especially since it was his father who made his life and marriage harder. I heard that Andrew was the Queens favourite son so if he wanted to remarry Im sure she would support him. And its not like hes second in line to the throne anymore. Beatric and Eugiene are almost adults and living on their own. A remarriage wouldnt affect them that much. But I do see your point on why Britian might be hesitant to accept her as one of its ambassadors. Its different with Camilla. People didnt know her at all. Now that she is in the limelight people get to know her and warm to her. People know the Duchess of York though. They know who she is and her recent celebrity life has made her more open. They know what they will be inviting back to the RF. I can understand your point. But hey, we americans love her so if you wont take her back were glad to keep her.

Good for Sarah! Now I hope that Andrew gets off his duff and finds someone special. He's too nice not to find a good woman to settle down with.

mw7060a said:
I don't think the problem is the Queen...I think the problem is with her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh. From what I gather, he cannot stand Fergie and what she did to Andrew and the embarrassment she caused the Royals. In his eyes, she could never redeem herself.

The Duke of Edimbourgh is SO right on that matter. God bless him|

Princess BellyFlop said:
No, no York re-marriage.
Could anyone here post that controversial tabloid pic of fergie and her accountant ( the toe-sucking ones )..Its not that I intend to dig graves of the past, am just curious about that tabloid pic which led to the yorks divorce and Prince Philip's rage..I havent seen that tabloid pic..

Mahoogie said:
Its not that I intend to dig graves of the past, am just curious about that tabloid pic..I havent seen that tabloid pic..
Do you really need to see it?

I say let bygones be bygones. If Andrew has forgiven her...does it matter what the rest of us think. And not to bring up the Camillla situation again...but if she can be accepted into the fold...why can't Sarah? Or is forgiveness, committing adultrey, and making a mistake only available for a few?

If they got back together, great, though I don't think it will happen, I agree they have a good thing going as they are, friends and co-parents. they handles the divorce remarkably well i think, in the end, and Beatrice says in her tattler story that they have had a very close family unit since the divorce. i don't think it will happen because they are happy with things as they are and it works for them.

Warren said:
Do you really need to see it?
Hhhhmmm..no, nevermind..it was an unpleasant situation for the Yorks especially for the Duchess:eek: ..not appropriate to post here I think:eek: ...nevermind...

Zonk1189 said:
I say let bygones be bygones. If Andrew has forgiven her...does it matter what the rest of us think. And not to bring up the Camillla situation again...but if she can be accepted into the fold...why can't Sarah? Or is forgiveness, committing adultrey, and making a mistake only available for a few?
I totally agree. There does seem to be a different set of standards, not just coming from the RF, but also from the public, how the Princes' wives should behave. There were endless comparisons of Sarah to Diana during their marriages, clothes, childrearing etc. I think it's great for her and Andrew to be on such good terms inspite of the divorce. It's rare even among the general public, and I'm sure it's been a great relief for their two girls.

If Sarah is uncomfortable with life as a royal, then I don't think they should remarry. That's no reason however, for her and Andrew not to be a couple. Living together and not being married isn't frowned upon so much these days. That way, they would both still have the freedom to do what they want career wise.
If they do wish to remarry, I certainly wouldn't object as I'm sure it would be a well thought through decision this time around.

Queen Marie said:
If Sarah is uncomfortable with life as a royal, then I don't think they should remarry. That's no reason however, for her and Andrew not to be a couple. Living together and not being married isn't frowned upon so much these days. That way, they would both still have the freedom to do what they want career wise.
If they do wish to remarry, I certainly wouldn't object as I'm sure it would be a well thought through decision this time around.

I think Sarah and Andrew should just leave things as they are if they are comfortable with their arrangement and happy along with their children. Re-marriage is the romantic ideal but I don't see it happening.

Sarah's played celebrity for far too long. She couldn't expect to be welcomed back into the Royal fold as an equal.

He's tall, handsome and a Prince too. He is gorgeous in a tuxedo and looks fabulous in uniform. So why is Prince Andrew, Duke of York still single years after his divorce from Sarah Ferguson? Is there not one woman out there who can make the stern-faced royal happy again and end his obvious loneliness?

I don't think Andrew has understood where does he stand with Fergie, sometimes she's all let's-get-back and other times she's I'm-living-in-NY so as long as they don't resolve their situation neither one would get a significant other, they are too attached to each other to think about other people

crisiñaki said:
I don't think Andrew has understood where does he stand with Fergie, sometimes she's all let's-get-back and other times she's I'm-living-in-NY so as long as they don't resolve their situation neither one would get a significant other, they are too attached to each other to think about other people
I agree but I kinda want them to get back together! They were a good couple! And genuinely seem in love with each other even though they are not together anymore!

He's too good for Sarah Ferguson. Surely there is someone out there for him who will respect him while they are married.

hellomagazine.com; Getty Images

She did respect him as well as love him. It was at the end of the marriage when things got ugly. They also never stopped loving and liking each other which is really quite nice.

Laviollette said:
He's tall, handsome and a Prince too. He is gorgeous in a tuxedo and looks fabulous in uniform. So why is Prince Andrew, Duke of York still single years after his divorce from Sarah Ferguson? Is there not one woman out there who can make the stern-faced royal happy again and end his obvious loneliness?

I think the answer to this question is that Andrew probably thinks that Sarah is the only wife and mother to him and his kids and that he obviously still deeply loves Sarah. And sees her as irreplaceable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom