A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Andrew been seen in public with any woman other than Sarah, even subsequent to the divorce?

Just the bikini clad lovelies on various yachts in which he is a guest. And those party girls who get their photos snapped standing beside him. But as far as a true "relationship", I've never seen him out and about w anyone, tho someone said there were a few photos of him w that Angie Everhardt, for a very short time.

Has Andrew been seen in public with any woman other than Sarah, even subsequent to the divorce?

Last summer he was photographed with Angie Everhardt, who was also his date to his daughter Beatrice's 18th birthday. Years ago he was in a relationship with a woman who had her own PR firm, her first name is Aurelia ( can't remember the rest) that was quite a long relationship and they were photographed together at various events. ( She eventually married someone else and he's god-father to one of her children. Andrew seems to stay on good terms with various exs and they ask him to their weddings and he's god-father to a number of their children. Including Koo Stark's daughter) He had a long relationship with a business woman who recently was in the news, supposedly he proposed and she turned him down. She wanted to remain single and focus on her career, not all woman would relish the idea of being a royal!

I do wish he would find someone wonderful.

...he's god-father to a number of their children. Including Koo Stark's daughter)
Wow, I never knew this. Koo Stark goes way back. Do you know how old her daughter is?

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for the explanation nd i understand her, to be married to a royal is not easy but to the british royal i think it would be one of the last thing i would want!
how do you know so much?

I also wish he could find someone wonderful. He seems to be overall a decent man, to be loyal to whomever he is with, and a good father. It's too bad he hasn't been able to find someone who loves him enough she wouldn't mind giving up her life and privacy to be a member of the RF. I think with Sarah he got what we call here a "raw deal", and he deserves someone much better.

I was going to say that P Andrew might marry again if he ever feel madly in love, but then I stopped myself 'cuz I don't know if he's really capable of falling in love. I don't know if any of HM's children are. Seems to me they all have relationship issues. Even Charles. I don't doubt he loves Camilla but being madly in love?? I think it's more along the lines of a good fit and of course she's always been supportive of him. I tend to think that's how it is w all of them. I dunno . . . I tend to think these royal marriages are more for convenience, producing heirs and a 'we-get-along-well-and-he/she-will-do' type of thing. I think HM was madly in love w Philip when they wed but after that, her children - unfortunately - not so much.

Really? I think Prince Charles seems very in love with Camilla. I think it's obvious from the pictures I've seen of them together and the way Charles speaks of her whenever he mentions her.

As for Prince Andrew, I don't think he's capable of falling in love with anyone because his heart still belongs to Sarah. It's not that he's madly in love with her, but I do think he loves her and is deeply attached to her. After all, she was the one who had the affair, and yet he let her stay at Sunninghill for years, and they're still close. He had every justification for cutting ties with Sarah, but he didn't, so I'd have to assume he never really stopped loving her.

I would be so surprised if Andrew remarried anyone other than Sarah. Really, if that ever happened...I'd probably fall over from shock or something. :lol: And the same goes for Sarah remarrying anyone other than Andrew.

I know what you mean about Charles & Camilla and I do think that of all the women he's dated she's the one he prefers - obviously. But is it really love or is it more she's there for him. He can trust her and count on her and know she'll never desert him. All things I believe are hugely important to Charles. As for Andrew . . . I'm sure he still loves Sarah in a way but I think he's not w anyone new 'cuz he just doesn't care enough to be. As everyone has said, I think he's comfortable in his situation and isn't really driven enough to find something/someone new. These are just my opinions, of course.

I don't think that Prince Andrew NEEDS to get married. There are men out there that feel like they NEED to. They LIKE having somebody there in the morning. But with his staff, he is never alone so he doesn't have that niggling feeling of wanting somebody near.
I think he is very capable of love. I know that Prince Charles is. < ed irrelevant comments >
I just believe it's a trust factor with him, as it is with the whole BRF. As for his relationship with Sarah, the familiar, no matter how wrong it can be, is always "comfortable."

Good Lord!

< ed irrelevant comments >
If the Duke of York is inclined to find a wife with whom he can discuss predilictions for such matters, I hope he has the good sense and more refined taste not to go nattering on about it on an unsecured line.

But I think what the Duke has learned is that marriage and the Mountbatten-Windsors is a hit-or-miss affair: even the best raw ingredients and intentions can be subverted. With such personal and extended family failures at the institution upon which his family, not once but twice, based their throne, it's not surprising he's chosen a happy and fulfilling bachelorhood in which to spend his days.

Sure, she would want to go back, but what about him?? Anybody ever ask him??

It's a shame that Andrew doesn't talk, and i don't me a full on interview but some response to the article.
How long have they been apart, nearly 10 years??
x

:previous: 17 years, I believe.:flowers:

My husband's aunt was married to the same man twice. Of course, she was married to two other gentlemen in the interem.

Okay i was abit out.
17 years, do you think a marriage can restart after that long?
x
:flowers: I don't know, even within a happy marriage, a lot can change in 17 years. Having been free for so long, could either of them settle back with each other knowing the problems they had in the first place. Some say the DoE stands in the way of a remarriage but surely if Andrew loved her enough to want to remarry her, he would do so with or without his fathers approval, he is hardly a child. :flowers:

I agree, which is why I don't think he ever will.
But with Sarah saying things like this no man will ever really come near her, will they?:ermm:

Why remarry at all? They both seem happy enough with the way things are right now.

Indeed! But why say things like that?

Things like what? Are you talking about how she did not rule remarriage out? Probably because at some point way in the future they could reconsider and do it again. Better not to be on record as saying something will never happen and then have it happen after all.

To quote a well-known sports brand's logo: Just Do It! :flowers:
I'm rather sick of the may-be-yes-may-be-no, wink-wink, hints.:rolleyes:

Things like what? Are you talking about how she did not rule remarriage out? Probably because at some point way in the future they could reconsider and do it again. Better not to be on record as saying something will never happen and then have it happen after all.
Things like remarriage to PA. Now, before this bit of info. Sarah said she didn't rule remarriage to anybody out. Now she's saying to PA. If I were a guy who wanted to date her, I'd shy away. She'd just told the world that she was holding on to a possible reconciliation with her former husband. No man wants to hear that. They like to think they are the only ones.
But! Again, that's just me. . . .

Perhaps she thinks wistfully about Andrew when she doesn't have a current "squeeze." And, who knows, maybe he's the same way.;)

She'd just told the world that she was holding on to a possible reconciliation with her former husband. No man wants to hear that. They like to think they are the only ones.

That reminds me of something I've wondered myself. Would Andrew have more/better publicity, at home and/or abroad, if he had a wife?

:previous:
Now that you've mentioned it, he would certainly be more ineresting to me if he had a wife! I believe the media would take more interest in him, but most of the attention would go to the new Duchess of York.

I think they get along much better now, they seem very close, why shouldn't they consider remarrying? They have certainly both grown up since the divorce.

I remember that interview Prince Andrew gave around the time of his parents' 60th wedding anniversary. He said that it was one of his regrets that he failed at marriage. So perhaps he believes that it's better for him not to marry again. Had he truly wanted to remarry anyone, I think that he would have done so by this time.:flowers:

:previous:
Now that you've mentioned it, he would certainly be more ineresting to me if he had a wife! I believe the media would take more interest in him, but most of the attention would go to the new Duchess of York.

Oh, definitely. It would cause all kinds of (the wrong, IMO) media attention if he remarried Sarah, but if he married someone in roughly his age group who would be a new Duchess of York, it would certainly raise his profile. Based on his recent trips that have caused controversy, that wouldn't be bad, depending of course on the choice of bride.

If I were suggesting, I'd suggest a woman of a "certain age," i.e. a bit beyond the desire to have children; and while Andrew is divorced, it would probably be preferable that his new wife be either single or widowed. Yes, yes, I realize that is a tad tall of an order, but again, this new wife is mythical for the time being.

Interesting question. When I think of it, I think on Lord Mountbatten, which never married again, when his wife died. Allright, he was much older (60 I suppose), but I think, if Andrew seriously would have been interested for getting a secound wife, it would already been happened. And I don't think, that he and Sarah will marry again (I never have heard of something in the Royal Family?). Maybe, theres an agreement in the background, but I don't think there will be an official reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom