The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2021, 06:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRach Dominion View Post
Congratulations to the Mapelli-Mozzis! I've read that she can use title of Nobile Donna due to being the granddaughter of an Italian count, but will her parents style her that way? Especially since Mr. Mapelli-Mozzi doesn't use his title of Count?
I seriously believe only Beatrice will be titled and styled. Italian count title isn't formally recognized and, as you've stated, Eduardo doesn't even use so why mess with things?

Old 09-20-2021, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
As I understand it such titles or styles are not recognized in the UK. In that case and due to the fact that Edoardo does not use a title it would be unusual.
Such titles and styles are not recognized in Italy either. The Constitution of the Italian Republic stopped the recognition of titles of nobiliity.
TRANSITORY AND FINAL PROVISIONS [...]

XIV
Titles of nobility shall not be recognised. [...]
https://www.quirinale.it/allegati_st...stituzione.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I seriously believe only Beatrice will be titled and styled. Italian count title isn't formally recognized and, as you've stated, Eduardo doesn't even use so why mess with things?
Indeed. Edoardo and the Palace used Mr. not only for Edoardo but also for Edoardo's father in the engagement announcement in 2019.

https://www.royal.uk/her-royal-highn...ged-be-married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
All of Queen's children who are grandparents already have grandchildren of both sexes
Indeed, and Sarah, Duchess of York, has commented that she and the Duke consider Wolfie their grandchild as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ozzis-son.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye1850 View Post
Goodness, the child was born just before midnight Saturday and the announcement was made early Monday. Could hardly have been faster unless you were on the official call list!
Previous birth announcements from the Palace were made on the same day as the birth, including the announcement of August Brooksbank's birth earlier this year. I wonder if the couple did not wish to bother the communications staff to work on a weekend, as the birth occurred on Saturday.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Great news! Congrats to the family.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:22 PM
Courtier

As the day has gone on here and is drawing to a close in my time zone, I am just more and more thrilled for the couple.

I have followed the Royal Family and Beatrice since she was a young teenager. Beatrice has never been anything but kind, generous, and unyieldingly bright in the face of unrelenting unkindness, cruelty, and undeserved ridicule that has followed her most of her public life. You cannot but wish her life's every happiness if you have followed what she has shared of her journey.

Congratulations, Beatrice.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to Edoardo and Princess Beatrice!
Old 09-20-2021, 08:58 PM
Nobility

Big congrats Beatrice and Edo.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I am guessing she was about two weeks early since they told us the baby would be born in the fall and the size of her. However, she and the queen are the shortest females in the family at 5’3 or so. Happy to hear the good news
Old 09-21-2021, 01:05 PM
Majesty

what exciting news! can't wait to hear what name they chose - i am thinking they will pick something that works in both english and italian as the first name.

i found it interesting that beatrice didn't pick the same hospital as sarah and eugenie to give birth but went for the chelsea and westminster hospital, presumably the private wing.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Her names are: Sienna Elizabeth.

https://twitter.com/yorkiebea/status...38871071363074
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like Sienna. Glad it it wasn't Victoria or the like...
Old 10-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Elizabeth was the easy guess but Sienna is a surprise to me. Is it a common name among the British upper-class?
Old 10-01-2021, 10:12 AM
Nobility

I really like the name Sienna, but it was a surprise. Don’t think anyone would’ve guessed.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:14 AM
Commoner

Sienna Elizabeth. A surprise name, but goes nicely together.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

I like it, it's very pretty. Obviously Elizabeth was a given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Elizabeth was the easy guess but Sienna is a surprise to me. Is it a common name upon the British upper-class?
It's not uncommon these days, but it's stereotypically more popular with the arty set. It fits in well with many of her cousins choices: Savannah, Isla, Mia etc.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:15 AM
Commoner

the meaning of Sienna is reddish brown. The baby must have some sort of reddish tinge to her hair.???
The origins of the name is Italian.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Names and godparents for Beatrice and Edo's first child

What a lovely name!

I must admit it took me by surprise and I would not have guessed it at all

However, I’m not surprised by Elizabeth as her middle name. I remember a Sienna in primary school who was around three years younger.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCats View Post
the meaning of Sienna is reddish brown. The baby must have some sort of reddish tinge to her hair.???
The origins of the name is Italian.
Wasn't there are report that Fergie had met her and was absolutely delighted with her red hair?

If so it would fit. As well as being Italian in origin, fitting with both Christopher and Wolfie
Old 10-01-2021, 10:25 AM
Commoner

Very surprised by the name!
Wasn't expecting Sienna at all and I'm Not exactly a fan but it flows well with Elizabeth.
I wonder if it's a nod to Italy (the Italian city of Siena)
Elizabeth was a given
Congrats to them, Wolfie and Sienna go super well together
Old 10-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well...I wasn't expecting "Sienna" and no one predicted it. It is neither traditional nor Royal. But it IS beautiful and Italian.

Sienna Mapelli‐Mozzi.

"Elizabeth" covers the traditional, Royal end of it nicely!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-01-2021, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Elizabeth was the easy guess but Sienna is a surprise to me. Is it a common name among the British upper-class?
Sienna was the 23rd most popular name for female births registered in England in 2019.

20. Phoebe
21. Sophie
22. Evelyn
23. Sienna
24. Elsie
25. Sofia
26. Alice

The data from the Office of National Statistics does not give a breakdown by socioeconomic class.