Zara Phillips Gives Birth to a Daughter: Mia Grace Tindall - January 17, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strokes for folks but not my taste ... but I am sure she is sweet.

:angel:The name of a perfect angel.............I really love this name, how cute!

Don't care of the name. It sounds too Hollywood.
Mia Farrow & Grace Kelly.

Elizabeth Grace maybe.

That was a surprise! According to The Daily Mail, Mia was the bookies' favourite the day before her name was released.

I wasn't a big fan of Mia at first but I've grown to like it. It sounds cute. Grace is sweet and it instantly reminded me of Grace van Cutsem. I will always remember those priceless photos of her covering her ears at William and Catherine's wedding. :lol:

Last edited:
Don't care of the name. It sounds too Hollywood.
Mia Farrow & Grace Kelly.

Elizabeth Grace maybe.

Well, just because celebrities happen to have a name doesn't really make it a Hollywood name, IMO (though I realize that people have points different points of reference.) You could say the name Elizabeth Grace was too Hollywood as well (Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, and so forth). I don't know how long the name Mia has been around, but Grace is a traditional name that was certainly quite popular well before Grace Kelly was even born.

Personally, I like but don't love the name Mia, but I think it sounds so lovely with Grace. I think it would be nice if they called her by both names, since it flows so well, but I don't know how common it is to do that in the UK.

I think its a very cute name indeed. But I would rather have Mia Rose instead of Mia Grace, I don't know why, but Grace is a name that always seemed to me as a first name, not a second name.

Lovely name, now I just NEED a little pic !!!!
I totally agree with you! but now is winter in england (savannah born in winter too and we have to wait 3 month to see her) and maybe we have to wait a couple of weeks to see Mia Grace.:flowers:

Re photos - from Twitter

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
A spokesman for Zara & Mike said they expected to release a photo of baby Mia Grace Tindall in the next few days... Zara Phillips calls her baby Mia Grace - Telegraph

That's odd as even Peter and Autumn didn't do that. Though I suppose Zara and Mike are "sports celebrities" as well as extended members of the BRF.

That's odd as even Peter and Autumn didn't do that. Though I suppose Zara and Mike are "sports celebrities" as well as extended members of the BRF.

Maybe they are just proud. Maybe she's too cute to not share. Maybe they are trying to manage the first picture issue rather than let it manage them.
I vote for the latter.

As an Olympic equestrian, Zara is more famous than Peter. Had she been at the same level of fame as Peter (i.e. merely as the Queen's grandchild) and had Mike not been a known sportsman as well, I doubt they would have been releasing a picture of Mia.

So the spelling of the name is Mee -Uh) Like Mia farrow?

On Friday I meet my new Year 7 class for the first time and there are three students named Mia (all spelt that way on the roll - first time I have ever had a Mia and three at once - what's the old saying - it never rains but it pours).

One is pronounced - Mee-a, one May-a and the third as - Mee (he, yes he, told me that was the way his father, of the same name, pronounced it as well - they were laughing that the BRF are giving a girl a boy's name). The other two are girls.

Well, this is the first time I've heard that Mia can be a boy's name as well; you learn something new every minute.

On Friday I meet my new Year 7 class for the first time and there are three students named Mia (all spelt that way on the roll - first time I have ever had a Mia and three at once - what's the old saying - it never rains but it pours).

One is pronounced - Mee-a, one May-a and the third as - Mee (he, yes he, told me that was the way his father, of the same name, pronounced it as well - they were laughing that the BRF are giving a girl a boy's name). The other two are girls.

Reminds me of an old Irish Rovers tune. Oh Mee Oh Mee-ya Maya wasn't that a party. :D

Hi ! I was wondering what the exact time of birth was for Mia Tindall. Thanks in advance for your time & courtesy.

Hi ! I was wondering what the exact time of birth was for Mia Tindall. Thanks in advance for your time & courtesy.

I believe a time was never released to the press.

Then that's probably what was said in the UK HELLO interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom