Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she not walk down the aisle with her father? They're close aren't they.

How much is the wedding ?

Minimum donation to the Kirk - £ 200

£ 25 for Kirk officer

£ 75 for organist

Firm suggestion to please leave flowers for Sunday

Request to fill in a Gift Aid Form

Sorted.

Lumutqueen said:
Why would she not walk down the aisle with her father? They're close aren't they.

I'm close to my dad, but I'll choose to walk down the aisle with my husband to be- I've personally always felt the concept of being given away is creepy and patriarchal- but that's me.

I think Zara will probably go traditional and walk with her dad, but really, whatever she wants to do is fine

I can't wait for the Canongate wedding. It'll involve turning up early, with hip flask and - of course - brolly.

It's an "intimate" wedding, with the whole world watching.

I can't wait for the Canongate wedding. It'll involve turning up early, with hip flask and - of course - brolly.

It's an "intimate" wedding, with the whole world watching.

I don't know about the 'whole world' watching as there won't be the TV coverage that William had - a glimpse as she arrives and they leave will be all the world not outside the church will get - as happened with Peter's wedding. She is now even lower in the line of succession than she was when she announced her engagement (given the birth of Savannah happened after that announcement) and she will only move further down over the next decade - with which time I expect her to move down to about 20th - 2 children each for William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenia and another for Peter with the Queen still on the throne would see her move from her current 13th to 22nd.

The City of Edinburgh Council is mounting a huge (and hugely expensive) operation to accommodate all the sightseers, photographers, and the like.

With respect, the burghers of Edinburgh won't be interested in "league tables" of who is in such and such a place. The wedding has "QUEEN" written all over it, and that's what people are interested in when all is said and done.

The City of Edinburgh Council is mounting a huge (and hugely expensive) operation to accommodate all the sightseers, photographers, and the like.

With respect, the burghers of Edinburgh won't be interested in "league tables" of who is in such and such a place. The wedding has "QUEEN" written all over it, and that's what people are interested in when all is said and done.

I am sure the local economy in Edinburgh will benefit considerably from the event, and all the people who will be out and about - presumably considerably more than what the council will spend.

Wouldn't be a Windsor family wedding without something like this to commemorate it!

Is their wedding being shown on TV? Or are we just seeing highlights on the news?

If I remember correctly we didn't see Peter's wedding on TV so I doubt if we will see Zara's. She is lower in the line of succession than Peter was at his wedding and is even lower now than she was when Peter married.

I doubt if we will even see Beatrice's and/or Eugenie's weddings.

I think the next British royal wedding we will see live will be Harry's and then none until William's kids start marrying.

It seems clear that the BRF seems to be moving to the idea that the public sees the major events associated with the direct line only - and this is in keeping with the reported idea of downsizing the royal family, which means seeing less of these events as well.

If I remember correctly we didn't see Peter's wedding on TV so I doubt if we will see Zara's. She is lower in the line of succession than Peter was at his wedding and is even lower now than she was when Peter married.

I think the next British royal wedding we will see live will be Harry's and then none until William's kids start marrying.

It seems clear that the BRF seems to be moving to the idea that the public sees the major events associated with the direct line only - and this is in keeping with the reported idea of downsizing the royal family, which means seeing less of these events as well.

Exactly my thoughts.

I think you'll find that Alex Salmond, our First Minister, will encourage Scots and Scotland to celebrate this wedding !

I think we will see highlights on tv and there will be magazine interest but nothing like William. Harry will be single for awhile I think he seems to be in no rush. I do want to see what Zara wears!

I don't know; they did televise royal weddings from Princess Margaret on, (maybe not to the same extent as William's but they did show them) including Princess Alexandra's, Anne's, Andrew's etc.

So they might show some of the others. Probably not Zara's since she's so far down in the line of succession, but I bet they'll show Beatrice's and Eugenie's.

Anne`s wedding 1973 was the same extent as William's. Here in Germany we saw the wedding in full lenght. Andrew´s too.:flowers:

Anne`s wedding 1973 was the same extent as William's. Here in Germany we saw the wedding in full lenght. Andrew´s too.:flowers:

I meant because over 2 billion people watched William's, there were giant screens in Times Square, etc.
None of the other Royal weddings are apt to get that kind of massive coverage.

(I didn't mean others won't have the same pageantry and pomp.)

Anne and Andrew were children of The Queen. Zara is the eldest granddaughter with no title, there's no reason to have her wedding on television.

Based on some of the posts, I don't think anyone expect Zara's wedding to be on television as everyone is pretty much comparing it to Peter's which was small and non televised.

Conny I remember taking the day off from work in Cologne, and I claimed to be ill !!

Despite being in black and white, the ceremony still remains in my mind as a fairytale occasion.

We got a day off work when Princess Anne married the first time. She was a lovely bride. I think her wedding gown is my all time favorite (except for my own, of course).

I am setting up my mind to be ok with very little coverage, even if I would like a lot more!
I can see they releasing a pictures of them with the family , and one alone.
Anything else I will consider a bonus :)

I agree with everyone that I doubt we'll get any live coverage, just highlights in the News as we did with Peter's. Press cameras were not allowed into the church when Peter got married either, so I imagine the same will be said for Zara. I will be ok with that, as long as we get to see her dress and attendants dresses! :D

We saw coverage of Andrew, Anne and Edward because they were children of the Sovereign (even though Edward and Sophie had originally decided not to show live coverage until they were told otherwise), and William is future King so his wedding was big news; the same cannot be said for Beatrice or Eugenie. I imagine we MIGHT get coverage of their weddings, but they wont be on the same level as Williams. They might be small (small by Royal Family standards at least), family orientated weddings and most likely not at Westminster Abbey. (Having said that, they MAY well choose to get married there but it's likely they'd choose St George's Chapel like Edward and Sophie and Peter and Autumn.)

I'm almost certain this won't be televised, but I'm still happy for the couple :twohearts: They're great for eachover :) My best wishes go to them.

As for Beatrice's and Eugenie's weddings, I can't see them being televised. I know that Princess Alexandra's was, but that was a different time. They are not of the direct line, so there just won't be as much interest. I could be wrong, though. We'll just have to wait and see...

To be honest I doubt Zara and Mike would want or allow their wedding to be televised...

Mia_mae said:
I am setting up my mind to be ok with very little coverage, even if I would like a lot more!
I can see they releasing a pictures of them with the family , and one alone.
Anything else I will consider a bonus :)

ITA!

attendants?

I read the article and it does stress that it will be a much, much smaller private wedding. Have they announced who their attendants will be?? Even if it's just one lady and one man standing up with them??

I still say Peter would not have sold the wedding pictures to Hello if Granny hadn't approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom