Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for the Greek Meander Tiara - I think it would lovely on her. I'm also hoping for an early winter wedding. I thought they looked great in the snow for their engagement photos so a winter wedding would suit them too. I also see them selling the rights to their wedding, like Peter and Autumn did, and I see nothing wrong with it. Give the celebrity factor involved (Mike being a sports star and all of his teammates likely to be at the wedding), plus the fact that they have to work for a living, it makes sense to sell the rights if magazines are interested.

I always think selling the rights to events like weddings is tacky.
Sure, there'll be photos anyway, so why not have the principals benefit?

But, it's somehow rather greedy, even if the money is donated to charity.

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall may say Hello! to big wedding gift - Telegraph

Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton will, undoubtedly, be the royal wedding of the year, but he may not be the one who receives the biggest present.

Mandrake hears that Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall are "seriously considering" a highly lucrative deal in which Hello! magazine would publish exclusive photographs of their wedding.

I personally see nothing wrong with another Hello! deal. I loved Peter and Autumn's photos and unlike P and A, Z&M are famous in their own rights without the royal connection. Though that connection doesn't hurt them at all...

Zara Phillips has ruled out selling the rights to her wedding for up to £1million and is planning to foot some of the bill herself, the Daily Mail can reveal.
The 29-year-old royal and her rugby star fiance Mike Tindall, 32, have decided to turn down any offer from glossy magazines such as Hello!, a spokesman said – although they have agreed to coverage before.
The pair, who each earn six-figure salaries through their sports careers and lucrative sponsorship deals, are now expected to pay towards the event.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...turn-magazine-deal-wedding.html#ixzz1A8CLPAJY

Last edited:
Zara Phillips has ruled out selling the rights to her wedding for up to £1million and is planning to foot some of the bill herself, the Daily Mail can reveal.
The 29-year-old royal and her rugby star fiance Mike Tindall, 32, have decided to turn down any offer from glossy magazines such as Hello!, a spokesman said – although they have agreed to coverage before.
The pair, who each earn six-figure salaries through their sports careers and lucrative sponsorship deals, are now expected to pay towards the event.

Read more: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall will turn down magazine deal for wedding | Mail Online

I am gladd that there will be no sponsorship deal for the forthcoming wedding. I am afriad a sponsorship deal just does not pass the sniff test for me!

I personally see nothing wrong with another Hello! deal. I loved Peter and Autumn's photos and unlike P and A, Z&M are famous in their own rights without the royal connection. Though that connection doesn't hurt them at all...

However when your grandmother is the Queen you are actually selling access to the monarch on a particulary day and that isn't on.

I suspect St George's with lots of sporting people - including the entire England Lions squad as well as others from other teams and sports. Obviously a number of leading equestrians from around the world as well.

I wouldn't expect any foreign royals - as Zara isn't royal herself. The Greeks live in London and are on good terms with the British royals. I wouldn't expect any politicians etc either - just family and friends of the couple.
I completely agree.

The Daily Express is reporting that Zara and Mike will marry in Edinburgh on July 30 2011.....

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Couple alter their day at the altar to make way for Zara Phillips

Here is a link - it also says that another couple have had to change their plans as a result.

This would see the couple having their honeymoon down under in September/October at the Rugby World Cup (as Mike will be expected to by playing for England throughout August in the Northern Hemisphere). That is romantic considering they meet down under during the 2003 Rugby World Cup, which England won and Mike was part of the winning team.

The Daily Express is reporting that Zara and Mike will marry in Edinburgh on July 30 2011.....

Do the couple have any ties to Edinburgh? It seems a bit random for them.

As far as I can see they have no obvious ties but the church is where the Queen worships when staying at Holyrood and Princess Anne is the patron of Scottish rugby (even though Mike plays for England) so it could be to do with that. Of course Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence also married in Scotland (although at Balmoral and not in Edinburgh). Zara did go to school in Scotland at Gordonstoun as well so maybe the ties are there.

Zara may simply like the church and having a 'royal' wedding in Scotland might help the profile of the royals in Scotland, especially with those Scots who might be seeking independence from England.

the Princess Royal and Tim Laurence married in Scotland. Basically what I see though is the two of them wanting a more low keyed wedding. They've both got very active schedules and just want to be married quietly.

Could it just be because the Queen tends to be in Scotland at they time of year so having the wedding up there makes it easier for her and the ageing Prince Phillip?

Could it just be because the Queen tends to be in Scotland at they time of year so having the wedding up there makes it easier for her and the ageing Prince Phillip?

She doesn't normally go up there until early August so she will have to go up a week or so earlier.

I think it is more a matter of fitting in the wedding given their sporting commitments and finding a church that they like that they can use, that also has a residence nearby for the family.

Or a good excuse to go up there earlier as the Queen doesn't usually go to Balmoral till August I thought. :)

She doesn't normally go up there until early August so she will have to go up a week or so earlier.

The years of the Queen going to Balmoral in early August are long gone, she now goes up after the last of the Royal Garden parties in mid July. The royals stayed in London for the Queen Mother's birthday parade on Aug 4th and then did a cruise of the western isles on Britiannia. With The QM's death and the previous demise of Britannia, she arrives earlier at Balmoral. So early infact that the last 2 years she's had to temporarily move into Craigowan House on the estate as the castle was still open to the public.

Assuming the July 30th date is correct, it does fit in with the Queen's schedule as going by the past few years she'll be at Balmoral on holidays.

It is possible that they have quite a small family wedding (at Crathie?), followed by a large reception. That sais, I do think it will be at St George's in Windsor.

A summer wedding with be beautiful in Edinburgh-

Nothing has been released by Zara or Mike, so until then, I think this is all still speculation.

I'm a little excited if it turns out to be the truth though!!!

So true but there are the comments by the other couple saying they have had to change their church because Zara wants the church on that date. Why would that couple have to change their church and why would they say publicly that it was because of Zara?

If this was unnamed sources I would be less inclined to believe this but we do have names and actions to support this claim.

Or a good excuse to go up there earlier as the Queen doesn't usually go to Balmoral till August I thought. :)

She doesn't tend to go to Balmoral until August but during mid-late July she is in Scotland at Holyrood hosting the annual garden parties. Buckingham Palace openings to the public from the last week of July - In 2010 during late July they were on their cruise of the scotish islands.

Doesn't Anne have some ceremonial/courtesy title or something with regards to the Church of Scotland? I'm sure I remember her having some special title she could use when she was in Scotland that had something to do specifically with the Church up there. Maybe Zara & Mike want their wedding up in Scotland as it's obviously a place that means a lot to the family as a whole & is convenient timing wise with when many/most of the family would be there anyway.

Plus I get the feeling that this will be a rather more private wedding, no Hello deal, no tv screening or photos from inside wherever it's held, just media pics as people enter & exit the Church. Maybe one official photo of bride & groom, parents-in-laws & Queen & Prince Phillip, though wouldn't be surprised if we don't even get that. That's basically what I'm expecting anyway.

If this is in fact true, I personally think that it is a lovely idea of the couple to hold their wedding with their grandparents ages/health/and comfort in mind. Zara and her grandmother were always very close so I am not altogether surprised that the Queen was well thought of while the arrangements were considered.

This hasn't been confirmed yet as we have been discussing in the thread on musings etc.

Doesn't Anne have some ceremonial/courtesy title or something with regards to the Church of Scotland? I'm sure I remember her having some special title she could use when she was in Scotland that had something to do specifically with the Church up there.

You're right! From Wiki: In 1996, Anne was entitled to be called Her Grace The Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.

The Princess Royal is also a member of the Order of the Thistle which has to do with Scotland.

Zara Phillips has quite a few connections with Scotland (including the fact that her grandmother is the Queen of Scots!). However, it crosses my mind that Mike may not be Church of England. If he belongs to one of the Free Churches (Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, Reformed, etc., etc.), it may not be so easy for Zara to marry him in a CofE church in England.

However, in Scotland, the Queen (and presumably her family) become Church of Scotland (which is Presbyterian) because she is Queen of Scots. Princess Anne married in Scotland because she was divorced, and it was easier for her to marry in the CofS, which is more relaxed about the remarriage of divorcees. So it may be that this is the reason for the choice of the Canongate Kirk (which is lovely - my cousin's daughter got married there a couple of years ago - and very historic, but not very large).

I do find something a bit incongruous about this possibility, though. That is the fact that Mike Tindall plays rugby for England. Princess Anne is the Patron of the Scottish Rugby Union (and Peter Phillips played a schoolboy rugby international for Scotland). The most longstanding rivalry in rugby union is between Scotland and England - who played the first internation match against each other in, I think, 1881. So this year is the 130th anniversary of that event!! :lol:

Does Mike have any Scottish background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom