Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the approx time, was wondering about that^Well atleast I'll be awake for once it'll be around 11:00am or so over here. So now I guess off to bed or try to atleast see ya all tomorrow!

Zara is not a royal. She is a member of her grandmothers family, thus the royal family (collaterally anyway), but bears no title and is not kept by the state.
:flowers:
Is this because it was her Mother who was a Princess and her Father was not a Prince?

I know that Edward & Sophie have chosen 'Lady' for Louise, (as is custom for the daughter of an Earl or Count), but Louise is Legally a Princess still.

Why the difference? Do you know, can you help me with this?

Is this because it was her Mother who was a Princess and her Father was not a Prince?

At the request of their mother, the children of the Princess Royal do not hold any royal title, nor are they entitled to one by right of birth, as they are the grandchildren of a monarch in the female line.

Just read the Met Office weather report for tomorrow afternoon at Edinburgh:
"Light rain"

Just read the Met Office weather report for tomorrow afternoon at Edinburgh:
"Light rain"

Then let's hope that the kirk has a roof that doesn't leak....:D

Does anyone know where the guests from the Royal family stay? At Holyroodhouse? Do they have guest appartments there?

I know that Edward & Sophie have chosen 'Lady' for Louise, (as is custom for the daughter of an Earl or Count), but Louise is Legally a Princess still.

Why the difference? Do you know, can you help me with this?

Under the 1917 LPs of George V only some people are automatically HRH Prince or Princess.

These are the children of the monarch - Charles, Andrew, Edward and Anne

Male line grandchildren of a monarch - William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, James, Richard, Edward, Michael and Alexandra.

Eldest son of the Prince of Wales - none

As a result Anne's children weren't entitled to any title as a consequence of being her children. This was the same thing for the children of Princess Margaret and Princess Mary - George V's own daughter. However Princess Margaret's husband was created Earl Snowdon before the birth of Lord Linley so that Linley was born as the heir to a title and Princess Mary's children were born 'Honourable' as they were the children of the heir to an Earldom through their father.

Anne, and Mark refused a title for Mark at the time of their wedding and again when Peter was on the way. They also refused a title for the children when they were born. So they became Mr Peter Philips and Miss Zara Philips but having no title hasn't affected their position in the line of succession and they are both higher in the order than four people who were born HRH Prince/Prince - Richard, Edward, Michael and Alexandra.

The LPs were sexist in that sons could pass on the HRH but daughters couldn't.

Tomorow weding , congratulation for zara phillips & mike tindall :flowers:

The wedding is almost here! :bounce:

I'm so happy for them, and the church is beautiful! :heart1:

Under the 1917 LPs of George V only some people are automatically HRH Prince or Princess.

These are the children of the monarch - Charles, Andrew, Edward and Anne

Male line grandchildren of a monarch - William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, James, Richard, Edward, Michael and Alexandra.

Eldest son of the Prince of Wales - none

I understand all of this, however what I don't understand what happens when Charles becomes King. Will Prince William's children then be styled HRH Prince/Princess, as they are the grandchildren of the Monarch?

I am excited just to see some images of the outfits worn by everyone. I can't see the men wearing uniforms for this, however I could be wrong. I think they look much better in Morning suits.

The LPs were sexist in that sons could pass on the HRH but daughters couldn't.
:previous:
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.:)
This is one of the reasons I am so interested in TRF ... to be educated in the ways of the Royal world!;)

I wonder; If Wills & Kate have a Girl first ... there will be many people debating that the Girl should inherit over any later born Males --- but when they are talking of this, will they give any thought at all to the other Daughters, like Zara ... and in the future Beatrice & Eugenie's possible Girls??

(* I take it that following the above 1917 rule that PB & PE daughters will not be titled either???)

I understand all of this, however what I don't understand what happens when Charles becomes King. Will Prince William's children then be styled HRH Prince/Princess, as they are the grandchildren of the Monarch?

I am excited just to see some images of the outfits worn by everyone. I can't see the men wearing uniforms for this, however I could be wrong. I think they look much better in Morning suits.

Yes - if no LPs are issued in the present reign to allow for all children of William to be HRH from birth then they will gain that status when Charles or William become King.

Harry's in the same position. His children won't be born HRH in the present reign but will become HRH when Charles ascends the throne.

:previous:
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.:)
This is one of the reasons I am so interested in TRF ... to be educated in the ways of the Royal world!;)

I wonder; If Wills & Kate have a Girl first ... there will be many people debating that the Girl should inherit over any later born Males --- but when they are talking of this, will they give any thought at all to the other Daughters, like Zara ... and in the future Beatrice & Eugenie's possible Girls??

(* I take it that following the above 1917 rule that PB & PE daughters will not be titled either???)

As Beatrice and Eugenie are girls they can't pass on HRH but they also can't pass it on as their children would be great-grandchildren of a monarch and great-grandchildren don't qualify e.g. Princess Alexandra's children didn't get anything as they are female line great-grandchildren of a monarch but Richard, Edward and Michael also didn't pass it on as their children are also great-grandchildren so even though they are HRH The Duke of Gloucester (born Prince Richard of Gloucester), HRH The Duke of Kent (born Prince Edward of Kent) and HRH Prince Michael of Kent there children are styled as the children of Dukes - Lord and Lady with the heirs using their father's second title as a courtesy in the same way that James uses Viscount Severn and David Armstrong-Jones uses Viscount Linley.

To bring this back to the topic of this thread - Zara's children won't have any titles as she has none to pass on and Michael also doesn't have a title and isn't likely to get one. Their children will be Miss/Mr xxxx Tindall just as Peter's daughter is Savannah Philips -with no title.

Can't wait for the wedding. Please let there be pictures and concentrate on Zara not Kate.

However the press knows that it is Kate that sells.

I hope we get some pictures but also wouldn't be surprised if it is a very limited range - one of the bride and groom perhaps.

For me personally, if Kate graces the issue of next weeks Hello! I won't be buying it. I haven't bought an issue of Hello! since the wedding with Kate on the front because it's boring me.

There might be limitations on this wedding, but people here and presumably out of the UK want to see something of this wedding.

For me personally, if Kate graces the issue of next weeks Hello! I won't be buying it. I haven't bought an issue of Hello! since the wedding with Kate on the front because it's boring me.

There might be limitations on this wedding, but people here and presumably out of the UK want to see something of this wedding.

But do Zara and Mike want to share their private wedding with people they don't know?

The BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14279586 is saying 'William and Kate got global attention from television audiences estimated at two billion while Zara may make the news for a few seconds on Saturday night - that will be as big as it gets.'

If this is right then I don't think we will get much at all.

By the sounds of it, they considered that half a million pound Hello! deal, so IMO yes the obviously do want to share it.

My point, clearly, was that Kate wouldn't sell me a magazine about this wedding.

By the sounds of it, they considered that half a million pound Hello! deal, so IMO yes the obviously do want to share it.

My point, clearly, was that Kate wouldn't sell me a magazine about this wedding.

I have seen contradictory statements about the Hello deal - that BP made them turn it down and that they never even considered it so I am on the fence on that one.

If BP 'made' them turn it down, they had clearly made some kind of effort to convince HM & BP that the deal was a good idea.

A report on them from the news is nothing. Pictures are important, amateur or professional. We'll see them.
Also presumably they'll be official photos, we'll see them in magazines. I know they have no "deal", but pictures make their way to the magazines easy enough. William and Catherine had no deal with on their official pictures, but we saw them in the likes of Hello!.

William and Catherine got billions because their wedding was a big ol show.

But do Zara and Mike want to share their private wedding with people they don't know?

The BBC site BBC News - Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: The 'other' royal wedding is saying 'William and Kate got global attention from television audiences estimated at two billion while Zara may make the news for a few seconds on Saturday night - that will be as big as it gets.'

If this is right then I don't think we will get much at all.

To be fair, if Peter had not done the deal with Hello!, that would have been all the coverage he would have received too.

I still think we'll get pap photos of the guests arriving; they'll be some little pap man sitting behind a bench, out of sight or something ridiculous like that, who'll get a photo of the Queen and Prince Philip arriving.

Out of sight? No way.

Those paps will be out in full force and noticeable. As far as I know, HM hasn't made any comment about the press being forced to stay away from the venue, has she?

Out of sight? No way.

Those paps will be out in full force and noticeable. As far as I know, HM hasn't made any comment about the press being forced to stay away from the venue, has she?

There are reports that there is standing room only for about 1500 people to see anything.

Of course someone will get photos but I still wouldn't be surprised if there is only one or two official ones - like William and Kate, who only let out the two and all the others were taken from the video footage or taken while they were in public view or both but Zara and Mike won't be spending as long on public view - arrival and departure from the church.

Can't wait for the wedding. Please let there be pictures and concentrate on Zara not Kate.

I honestly believe most of the focus will be on Kate and William, especially if Kate wears something dazzling. That's just the way it is right now.

The world and the press may focus on Kate but I have no doubt that the family will focus on Zara. It is after all her day (and Mike's too!).

I'm thinking Kate is going to wear something simple/plain/conservative in order to not try and take the attention off the bride.

MM

Well, I've been down the Canongate, and there are barriers as far as the eye can see, in every direction, from New Street (which is higher up the Canongate) down to the Holyrood Gift Shop which is doing good business.

The new, very yellow and very serious barriers at Holyrood Main Gate are in action again, as they are whenever royals are staying there.

There is another set of barriers at the Holyrood / Historic Scotland public car park. (This is where I park when I attend meetings at the Parliament).

The police are definitely in charge, and they are not keen on chatting.

Latest update on weather (from the Met Office) (Edinburgh Gogar Bank) :
Friday 19.00: 18 C - sunshine and clouds
Saturday 10.00: 16 C - white cloud
Saturday 16.00: 16 C - sun and clouds

Thank you for the information!
So they have been providing a very high security

I'm thinking Kate is going to wear something simple/plain/conservative in order to not try and take the attention off the bride.

MM

That's exactly what, IMO, people shouldn't be thinking. Catherine's outfit is going to be whatever she wants to wear. But this is a thread for Zara's wedding.

I want to know three things
1; What Zara's dress looks like?
2; What tiara she wears/if she wears one at all?
3; What colour with the bridesmaids dress be?

I have even spent extra money to add the internet to my phone for tomorrow, as i'm out all day. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom