Zara and Mike Tindall Expecting A Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter lost a little girl at 25 weeks. With her next pregnancy she waited until she passed that mark to announce her pregnancy to friends even though family knew. She said it was scary until that 25th week passed and things were still going well. So I am wondering if they did the same..

The DF is basing it on 'people announce at three months':ermm:

Zara was around four months when she announced her last pregnancy. No reason to think she would announce earlier this time. The fact she miscarried a few weeks later, makes it even more unlikely she announced at 3 months. I am starting to lean more towards she may be closer to 5 months pregnant. If she announced at 4 months and miscarried 2 weeks later, that will be in the back of her head IMO.

I think she’s due in May, maybe even late April. After what happened last year, she wouldn’t announce before her 4th month and probably would wait even longer if possible, imo.

Anyway, she and Mike usually don’t keep her due date a secret, so we should know well in advance.

I think she’s due in May, maybe even late April. After what happened last year, she wouldn’t announce before her 4th month and probably would wait even longer if possible, imo.

I think late April, too. :flowers: Lovely news. Happy for them.

I’m predicting it’s a boy so Anne will finally have a grandson, and born on his mother’s birthday.

I guess a baby boy with Philip or Phillips in his name:
Jack Phillips Tindall
Philip Arthur Tindall

If a girl:
Jane Lucy
Rose Matilda

As Mike's father is called Philip - I'm choosing Philip for a boy.

For a girl, I think Lucy.

Re post #68 there was a girl in my class called Jane Tindall. Tall thin with the most amazing mop of curly hair. :)

I would prefer a boy.... like that they would get one of each sort.... but as long as the baby is healthy..... another little Mia would be great too !!!!

After seeing photos of Zara today, I’m going to bet on an early May birth and another girl:heartflower:. Although wouldn’t it be funny if she gave birth before Kate?

Name guesses:
Jack or Leo for a boy and Lily or Ava for a girl, with honoring middle names.

Last edited:
After seeing photos of Zara today, I’m going to bet on an early May birth and another girl:heartflower:. Although wouldn’t it be funny if she gave birth before Kate?

Name guesses:
Jack or Leo for a boy and Lily or Ava for a girl, with honoring middle names.

Me too! Although the Daily Express still thinks she is having a summer baby and is 3 months behind Kate [emoji23][emoji23]

I have never thought this was a summer baby. I think the only reason they announced Zara's pregnancy was that she was in Australia for press and it was noticeable. I think she was 4 1/2 +months along at that time. I expect both her and Kate to have babies in April - maybe early May. Could be one more reason why H&M went later into the month of May for the wedding. I hope one of the babies is a boy.... George needs a close cousin/ brother.

I feel like the press is off with both these pregnancies. They both look farther along. I guess we shall see. I hope Zara has a little boy.

I feel like the press is off with both these pregnancies. They both look farther along. I guess we shall see. I hope Zara has a little boy.

Well, Kate is definitely due in April. However, there is a big difference between April 1st and April 30th.

The Tindalls haven’t said anything about her due date, we can only guess based on photos and previous events.

And ultimately babies have a mind of their own and might come early or late (as both George and Charlotte did).

Guesses for names (at which i'm notoriously bad):
Boy: Ben
Girl: Evie

Off the wall suggestions for this wee one.

Girl: Cara

Reminds me for some reason of the old tune by Jay and the Americans "Cara Mia"

Boy: Marcus

In honor of Zara's dad, Mark.

If Zara and Mike have a boy I do think Philip will be one of the names... it is Zara's grandfather, Mike's father and Zara's maiden name. Philip seems a bit traditional for the Tindalls as a first name - but i could see it as a middle name.

I'm terrible at this, but I think Zara will have a boy and agree that Philip will be a part of the name.

Off the wall suggestions for this wee one.
Girl: Cara Reminds me for some reason of the old tune by Jay and the Americans "Cara Mia"
Boy: Marcus In honor of Zara's dad, Mark.

Like your name suggestions, Osipi. :flowers:

I am hoping for a boy for them and Marcus seems like a great name. :cool:

Marcus is cute, but I would think if honoring her dad they would use his name, Mark. But I don't think we will see it as a first name. I think like Mia they will go with something more original.

I really do think we will see Philip as a middle name if a boy. It honors both grandfathers of the baby and Zara's grandfather.

I look forward to seeing the first name. Unlike baby Cambridge, the name will be less predictable certainly.

Marcus is cute, but I would think if honoring her dad they would use his name, Mark. But I don't think we will see it as a first name. I think like Mia they will go with something more original.

I really do think we will see Philip as a middle name if a boy. It honors both grandfathers of the baby and Zara's grandfather.

I look forward to seeing the first name. Unlike baby Cambridge, the name will be less predictable certainly.

More original in the context of the BRF, yes, but Mia was the tenth most popular girl name in 2016 and has been in the top ten for the last few years. So not at all original in that sense. It's what I would call a "faddy" name which will date.

They will probably choose another currently popular name but not necessarily a "classic" name. Similar names that are in fashion are Ava, Freya, Evie and Isla (which is out because already given to her cousin).

So for clarity: we are expecting this baby around the time of Kate's baby? Or is this a summer baby? :ermm: It seems to me that Zara is further along than a summer baby. I agree with those who say it will be a spring baby.

Well IIRC the announcement said summer I think...but she's showing quite a bit so I'm thinking end of May or in June.

LaRae

Well IIRC the announcement said summer I think...but she's showing quite a bit so I'm thinking end of May or in June. LaRae

I agree. :flowers: I think she and Kate are neck-and-neck, though Kate will likely edge her out by a hair.

I think Kate will have her baby by the 15th ish. LaRae

I agree. My best bet on Kate is anywhere from early to mid-April. :flowers: So we'll see. Zara mid to late April or into May.

Well IIRC the announcement said summer I think...but she's showing quite a bit so I'm thinking end of May or in June.

LaRae

I don't think anything official was ever said about a due date. There was just an announcement that they were expecting a second child. The media speculated summer, since that would be the timing if they announced at 3 months.

Most of us thought Zara was more likely at least 4 1/2 to 5 months along, since she had a miscarriage a few weeks after announcing the last time.

Last edited:

As discussed a few times in the thread, no due date was ever announced. The summer was the Daily fail assuming she announced at 3 months. Ignoring they waited till 4 months last pregnancy (and miscarried after).

If May, I am thinking early to mid May at the latest. She doesn't look more then a month behind Kate at best. And that would be right along the time line, waiting past four months like last pregnancy, to announce.

More original in the context of the BRF, yes, but Mia was the tenth most popular girl name in 2016 and has been in the top ten for the last few years. So not at all original in that sense. It's what I would call a "faddy" name which will date.

They will probably choose another currently popular name but not necessarily a "classic" name. Similar names that are in fashion are Ava, Freya, Evie and Isla (which is out because already given to her cousin).

Just because a name is popular now doesn't make it 'faddy' or not classic. Classic names are becoming extremely popular, even very old fashioned names, in the past few years. Seems to be a reaction to balance out all the Aiden, jaden, Raiden, Maden, Braden names that took over.

Top ten in UK: Olivia, Sophie, Amelia, Lily, Emily. Eva, Isabella and Isabelle, and Isla and Mia. Most of those are very classic traditional names (several of them with royal history). The only slightly faddy would be Isla. Add in names like Ella, Poppy, Grace, Charlotte, Sophie and Evelyn in the top 20 and its even more evident. Same with boys where you see Oliver, Jack, George, Noah, Leo, Oscar, Charlie, William, Joshua, Lucas all very traditional names among the top 20.

And when it comes to royal babies- choosing something without any royal pedigree, popular or not, is new and unexpected. Its not predictable like George and Charlotte.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom