A Boy for Zara and Mike Tindall!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Biri.
My eldest daughter shares her birthday with Mia (17th of Jan), so if I am late and Zara is early, who knows...... [emoji1]
Congratulations, SLV!:flowers:

So now Zara and Mike can expect in the year of 2034 or thereabouts, a Quaranteen. :lol:

But seriously... this is happy news and I'm hoping for a easy pregnancy and delivery for Zara.

Wonderful news. So far they have two tornadoes named Mia and Lena,but I believe they will be great big sisters. These two little girls like fun and the outdoors. I wish them all the best. Well we have something to look forward to in 2021.

Interesting that the couple's previous pregnancies were formally announced by the Palace but this one was not, although it is not surprising after Princess Beatrice's marriage was not even announced in the Court Circular.

What wonderful news! I have to admit this came as quite the surprise to me as I thought they were done, but I’m sure they’re all very excited. Perhaps they’ll have a boy this time!

Of course they'll have a boy this time.
That's what they want so I expect they've taken the steps to make it happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zara is further on than three months. Mike's 'she's just had a scan' could mean Zara had one at 16 weeks. She could well be delivering her baby in May 2021.

Last edited:
Of course they'll have a boy this time.
That's what they want so I expect they've taken the steps to make it happen.

Not unless they went and had IVF in another country. Thats illegal in the UK to choose your gender, unless there is a medical reason to (like a gender linked disease).

I dont see them breaking the law so they can have a son. After the miscarriages they have suffered, a baby is priority.

Shocker a dad with two daughters might hope for a son this time.

how will they do that?

There are ways to gender select, although they aren't legal in this country and would involve travelling to a different country in a pandemic. Or maybe she just ate a lot of asparagus. ;)

I assume they didn't do that and just had a lockdown conception as it were and Mike is unwisely publicly wishing for a son. But I imagine after two miscarriages they both know healthy and viable is the most important thing.

Personally if I had to guess I'd say another one for "Princess Anne's Squad of Blonde Granddaughters".

Maybe Zara ate a lot of fish! When I had two daughters and we were planning a third child I was told to do that by an elderly neighbour, and it worked!

Seriously though, Zara and Mike, depending on how far along Zara is, may already know the sex of the new baby.

Maybe Zara ate a lot of fish! When I had two daughters and we were planning a third child I was told to do that by an elderly neighbour, and it worked!

Seriously though, Zara and Mike, depending on how far along Zara is, may already know the sex of the new baby.

They may have tried some old wives tricks. Definitely some odd ones out there. But if they do have a boy it's just genetic luck.

Suggestion by mirabel was they weren't leaving it up to luck which old wives tales certainly are.

It's a good chance they know the gender. Unless they want a surprise. Even if not at the sixteen week mark. Due to her history of miscarriages she may have had some blood tests and they can tell earlier.

What lovely news. Mike and Zara seem to have happy children so, boy or girl, the baby has lucked out with his/her family.

Sorry, gender selection is legal in the USA, and I didn't realize it wasn't the case for the UK.

Congratulations to Zara, Mike and their families! Happy, unexpected news.
Wishing her a smooth pregnancy.

"Mike, Zara and Autumn took the big girls (no Lena) to the ballet last year

They saw the Sleeping Beauty by the Royal Ballet

Principal dancer of the Royal Ballet, Lauren Cuthbertson shared these memories from the backstage on her Instagram stories today (@/londonballerina)"

It’s a Boy! Congratulations to Zara and Mike as welcome a baby boy , Mike confirmed the news in his rugby podcast.

"‘... and then Sunday got even better because a little baby boy arrived at my house!’"

"A spokeswoman for the couple said: “Zara and Mike Tindall are happy to announce the birth of their third child, Lucas Philip Tindall. The little boy arrived on March 21, weighing 8lbs 4oz and is a first grandson for Princess Anne.'

Last edited:
Oh, that is early. I thought she was due after me, late May.

I'm not entirely convinced about Lucas, but it's lovely that he's got Philip as a middle name. I suppose he can call himself Luke, which is nicer!

Lucas Philip Tindall that's nice. Congrats to them!

They never actually announced roughly when she was due. Mike actually said they wanted to keep it to themselves so she must have been further along than 3 months when he announced it. The way he talked about the birth it wasn't a 6 month emergency but everything went fine even in the bathroom(!)

Last edited:
Indeed! Born on the bathroom floor as they didn’t have time to go to hospital!

I think his name is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom