Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 2: January 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An excellent idea, in my opinion. The weather is much better here than in Britain, for a start! The Tindalls seem to have a very good time in Australia every January.

According to this article,Zara and Mike Tindall would highly consider relocating to Australia in the future...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...nsider-MOVING-Australia-retires-eventing.html

I'll believe it when it happens. I remember back in 2012 there was some murmuring that they were considering a move to Spain. They were vacationing there a lot, and supposedly looking at homes down there and even supposedly invested in an equine center down there. Then they stayed in the UK. So until this move happens I'll just consider it hot air.

But if they do move, I hope the physical separation from her family would finally encourage Zara to meet her NZ sister. Just because Mark Phillips has shown a caddish disinterest doesn't mean his other children have to follow his lead. Now that Zara is a mother herself, I wonder if she secretly questions Mark's actions (or lack thereof).

Zara gets on well with her half sister Stephanie, the daughter of Mark and Sandy so I don't think she would have an issue per se with Felicity. Coming from a family where my sister has no real relationship with her biological father but see my father as hers because he raised her, I don't see the obsession with people having relationship with so called family they've never met.

Maybe it’s just me who think this, but it looks kinda bad for a member of the royal family to be seen having a good time on an Australian beach while Australia is going through these horrific fires.

Maybe it’s just me who think this, but it looks kinda bad for a member of the royal family to be seen having a good time on an Australian beach while Australia is going through these horrific fires.

Maybe if they had gone specifically just for vacation, but Zara is there for work as well. And they are spending off time together as a family.

On the contrary - it shows that tourists can still come and spend their money, which will keep the economy strong and do a lot to help the country recover in the long run.

Remember how much of Australia is actually affected - despite the media hype - is less than 1% of the country.

For the vast majority of the 25 million Aussies it is business as usual and that includes going to the beach and going on holidays (or to the cricket, tennis, races etc).

Maybe if they had gone specifically just for vacation, but Zara is there for work as well. And they are spending off time together as a family.

Both Mike and Zara are Ambassadors for the Magic Millions - which is a fun activity for many people - horse racing, polo and the largest thoroughbred auction of the 2 year olds in particular in Australia.

On the contrary - it shows that tourists can still come and spend their money, which will keep the economy strong and do a lot to help the country recover in the long run.

Remember how much of Australia is actually affected - despite the media hype - is less than 1% of the country.

For the vast majority of the 25 million Aussies it is business as usual and that includes going to the beach and going on holidays (or to the cricket, tennis, races etc).

thanks for putting the fires in context as media does indeed love disaster. Nevertheless, the environmental damage must absolutely be linked to climate change and serious governmental effort to step up is clearly imperative:bang:

I don't know about the damage being linked to climate change as at least half the fires have been caused either deliberately or inadvertently by humans. I have seen figures as high as 50% deliberately lit with another 15% set by the idiots who ignored total fire bans or threw cigarette butts or matches out of car windows.

We also have stopped following the tried and tested land management practices that the indigenous Australians had followed for millenia - such as clearing the forest floor from fuel or doing 'back-burns'. One council tried to do a back-burn a few months back but some protesters complained because the back-burn might kill some birds so the back-burn didn't go ahead.

There are a lot of human errors in this situation. Climate change may have played a part but there is a lot of other factors - such as human idiocy.

Ignoring or denying climate change is also a human idiocy.

Zara joined Nacho Figueras in Australia to raise awareness and money for those people and wildlife affected by the bushfires.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B66jFtZh2VT/

Zara and Mike at the Magic Millions Carnival and the Raceday today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...l-contain-smile-takes-charity-polo-match.html

Zara and Mike at the 2020 Magic Millions official draw at Surfers Paradise Foreshore on 7 January in Gold Coast, Australia.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-dettori-qld-picture-id1197969469?s=2048x2048

Galleries

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/...s=all&uiloc=view_all_more_from_this_event_adp

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/...s=all&uiloc=view_all_more_from_this_event_adp

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...s-raises-300K-Australian-Bushfire-Crisis.html

Zara and Mike at a Magic Millions coctail party in Queensland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...e-Tindall-attend-charity-bash-Queensland.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize that Zara and Mike aren't working, taxpayer-funded royals. However, how does it look when they are enjoying themselves on a seemingly "safe" part of Australia while the rest of it burns? 'Just asking … not attempting to start an argument.

Thoughts?

I realize that Zara and Mike aren't working, taxpayer-funded royals. However, how does it look when they are enjoying themselves on a seemingly "safe" part of Australia while the rest of it burns? 'Just asking … not attempting to start an argument.

Thoughts?

I am not sure what the problem is. What do you think might be expected of them?

The whole nation cares, our hearts are with those in areas which are going though such dreadful times. But it doesn't help anyone if absolutely everthing stops. There is life after the bush fires, and much serious work to be done. It's actually cheering to see some lighter-hearted activity taking place. Mike and Zara have nothing to apologize for, in my opinion.

Thanks for your responses. As I stated, I’m just posing a question. I have no idea what could or should be expected of them. It’s more of a perception issue. I agree that life does go on ...

One of our major industries is tourism and it is great for the world to see that there are tourist places - such as the Gold Coast - that are operating normally.

Most Aussies are safe and going about their normal activities including having fun - going to the beach, the tennis, the cricket and the races as they normally do in summer.

The media coverage I have seen overseas seems to suggest that we are all about to be burnt and that nothing is happening other than fighting fires when that it not the case at all.

At this time, more than ever, we need tourists to come and spend their money and Zara and Mike being here are able to show exactly that. These two aren't the only ones at these events - many Aussies are as well and they are there to largely have fun (and as the major event on Saturday is a race meeting to gamble and drink).

Celebrities such as Pink and Selena Gomez have donated several million dollars to the bushfires, so perhaps the poster meant a donation of some sort? Or even a visit to one of the affected communities if it's safe? (Which Zara had done by raising awareness of the firefighters' plights.)

The Magic Millions will raise more before the week is over. There are several events leading up to the race meeting on Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that Zara and Mike make a visit to the firefighters in Qld to pass on the Queen's personal regards ... but it won't be reported as they aren't royals only the granddaughter of the Queen and her husband.

Zara looks lovely and Mike is his usual good natured self. The ride on the beach looks like fun.
They are there raising money and your critical? Something wrong, never enough.

Naughty girl.

These Royal grandchildren Are getting Way out of hand. Certain ones need a come to Jesus meeting and get a dose of reality.

Oh well, same rules for everyone. The Land Rover must handle well at high speeds.

Zara and Mike and family should be right where they are in Australia.
All Australians have been asked to steer clear of the fire zones so as not to hinder emergency vehicles etc. To be 'advertising' other beautiful areas where tourists love to stay and to promote the Magic Millions is very positive.
They are private people on a well planned visit.

At least Mike is allowed to drive; as he already completed his 3 year ban a few years ago...

It seems to me that Zara was probably distracted - possibly even a little drunk after a party - because it feels silly to be a careless driver after several points have already been knocked off your license.

Let's just say that with their track record I wouldn't want to receive a lift from them! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom