Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 2: January 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering where he disappeared to. He didn't accompany Zara to Easter with the royals, nor did he accompany her to the funeral of Mike Tucker. I was starting to think he was out of the country. Makes sense he was recovering from nose surgery.

I had wondered about Easter, he usually is with her for family events. I guess that explains it. :flowers:

I must say I like it. New nose, scruffy beard, he looks good. :cool:

He looks good, and I hope this has helped any breathing issues.

Also if they're planning to sell their baby's pictures like they did with Mia, then the new and improved nose is debuting at a handy time.

Last edited:
I've always thought Mike was a good looking guy, the nose even improves on that...he is looking good!

LaRae

Also if they're planning to sell their baby pictures like they did with Mia, then the new and improved nose is debuting at a handy time.

Why did Zara and Mike plan to sell baby pictures of Mia?

Very very impressive and nice nose !!! Well done !

I wonder if Zara is having twins, especially if she is not due within the next 2-3 weeks. In the most recent photos of her from earlier this month, she was huge, much bigger than Kate.

Mike looks a little less unique, but handsome in a very generic way. He seems like such a cool guy that his charisma outweighed any perceived flaws he may have had. I'd happily take one like him!

IIRC they said she was due in 'summer' ....but I don't know if she is going to make 'summer'.

LaRae

Summer though is only a few weeks away (here in Australia we start summer on 1st June and they announced it while down here so maybe someone picked up on some mention of June and using the Aussie seasons said 'summer' meaning early June - in in 4 or so weeks time rather than 7 weeks.)

'They said' as in the reporters said.

We have to remember they based this on 'people announce at three months'. Nothing else. No comment was made by anyone official, on when she was due, simply she was pregnant. The 'due in summer' is assumptions made by media.

She never announced so early with either previous pregnancy. And miscarried after she announced, in her 4th month.

She could be due any time.

Summer though is only a few weeks away (here in Australia we start summer on 1st June and they announced it while down here so maybe someone picked up on some mention of June and using the Aussie seasons said 'summer' meaning early June - in in 4 or so weeks time rather than 7 weeks.)

Wish it was summer here ( Australia) in June.

I'm so relieved to see Mike's fixed nose. It must have been like breathing through a straw for many years.

Last edited:
:previous: I think this has been a little bit of a learning experience for our prejudices here. When he first started dating Zara he was your typical Rugby player and not even handsome. People from all over couldn't see what Zara saw in him . . . and as for that nose, really?

Now here we are years later and we think he is a loving husband and an absolutely fantastic father. He has never looked happier, she has never looked more loving and loved. But that nose . . . really? I almost didn't recognise him!

Once we got to see past the surface of their little family, mostly at horsey type events we saw Mike the Dad, and what a Dad he is, his eyes positively twinkle like he's up to mischief. And his nose? Oh that . . . no big deal.

Actually, the new one is going to take getting used to.

I also quite enjoy Mike the man and Mike the charitable person.

It'd delightful to see someone in the family who belly laughs at life. And not at the expense of others but usually at his own doings.

I always liked him, as I think he appeals to Americans. But I was not sure of his staying power. It's hard to trust top tier athletes in affairs of the heart. He has been proving me wrong. Good for them.

Last edited:
I also quite enjoy Mike the man and Mike the charitable person.

It'd delightful to see someone in the family who belly laughs at life. And not at the expense of others but usually at his own doings.

I always liked him, as I think he appeals to Americans. But I was not sure of his staying power. It's hard to trust top tier athletes in affairs of the heart. He has been proving me wrong. Good for them.

Well, he doesn't appeal to this American. His multiple DUIs are a deal breaker to say the least. But you're right that a lot of other Americans are lenient to those kind of things.

Anyways, there's talk on twitter amongst the Eventing crowd that Zara must be due quite soon as she has two horses entered for Houghton Horse Trials CIC*** at the end of May. They're not sure if she plans to ride herself, or if she will substitute another rider later on but it has them speculating.

Even if she gave birth right now she could not be ready for the Houghton Horse Trials at the end of May. If she has horses entered they will have other riders.

LaRae

Well, he doesn't appeal to this American. His multiple DUIs are a deal breaker to say the least. But you're right that a lot of other Americans are lenient to those kind of things.

Anyways, there's talk on twitter amongst the Eventing crowd that Zara must be due quite soon as she has two horses entered for Houghton Horse Trials CIC*** at the end of May. They're not sure if she plans to ride herself, or if she will substitute another rider later on but it has them speculating.

Even if she has given birth, I'd be very surprised if she rode herself in trials at the end of this month. I can't remember, but after Mia was born, didn't it take her a while to compete again?

From a physiological perspective, all the pregnancy hormones (including those that relax smooth muscle) take some time to return to normal so joints stretch that bit more and and are easier to injure. And that pelvic floor!!! The thought of sitting in a saddle just weeks after giving birth makes me shudder - never mind riding cross country.

Not to mention the physical shape a person needs to be in to compete at something like Cross Country/3 Day events.

LaRae

If Zara is due very soon then I suppose we aren't likely to see the Tindalls on May 19th?

Maybe its 2 horses she is training? She hasn't ridden since she announced the pregnancy but has continued training several horses.

Maybe its 2 horses she is training? She hasn't ridden since she announced the pregnancy but has continued training several horses.

Yes, but I think the interest comes from that she's listed herself as the rider instead of another rider. If she has zero intention of riding why not just list the other person (presumably Tom McEwen who has been competing her horses in March and April) right off the bat. It comes off as she's playing it by ear, and will assess things closer to the event.

Yeah well sorry, no way even she she gave birth tomorrow would she be able to run a 3 day on 2 horses within 3 weeks.

LaRae

Even if she has given birth, I'd be very surprised if she rode herself in trials at the end of this month. I can't remember, but after Mia was born, didn't it take her a while to compete again?

From a physiological perspective, all the pregnancy hormones (including those that relax smooth muscle) take some time to return to normal so joints stretch that bit more and and are easier to injure. And that pelvic floor!!! The thought of sitting in a saddle just weeks after giving birth makes me shudder - never mind riding cross country.

Why not? Anne got rid of her baby weight both times by riding her horse!

Yes, but I think the interest comes from that she's listed herself as the rider instead of another rider. If she has zero intention of riding why not just list the other person (presumably Tom McEwen who has been competing her horses in March and April) right off the bat. It comes off as she's playing it by ear, and will assess things closer to the event.

Wow. I'd be very surprised if she did ride even if she gave birth this week! The fitness level required is huge and she hasn't done any serious riding for months.

I await with interest and possible awe! I really like Zara and Mike.

Why not? Anne got rid of her baby weight both times by riding her horse!

Have you ever ridden competitively let alone at that level? It isn't about baby weight.

LaRae

It was nearly 3 months after Mia was born, before Zara competed. Though perhaps due to the season (Mia was born in January).

Even if the baby is born in the next few days, I doubt she will ride so soon. She may be back on horseback, but not at a competitive level IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom