The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, he doesn't appeal to this American. His multiple DUIs are a deal breaker to say the least. But you're right that a lot of other Americans are lenient to those kind of things.

Anyways, there's talk on twitter amongst the Eventing crowd that Zara must be due quite soon as she has two horses entered for Houghton Horse Trials CIC*** at the end of May. They're not sure if she plans to ride herself, or if she will substitute another rider later on but it has them speculating.
Even if she has given birth, I'd be very surprised if she rode herself in trials at the end of this month. I can't remember, but after Mia was born, didn't it take her a while to compete again?

From a physiological perspective, all the pregnancy hormones (including those that relax smooth muscle) take some time to return to normal so joints stretch that bit more and and are easier to injure. And that pelvic floor!!! The thought of sitting in a saddle just weeks after giving birth makes me shudder - never mind riding cross country.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not to mention the physical shape a person needs to be in to compete at something like Cross Country/3 Day events.

LaRae

Old 05-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Majesty

If Zara is due very soon then I suppose we aren't likely to see the Tindalls on May 19th?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, he doesn't appeal to this American. His multiple DUIs are a deal breaker to say the least. But you're right that a lot of other Americans are lenient to those kind of things.

Anyways, there's talk on twitter amongst the Eventing crowd that Zara must be due quite soon as she has two horses entered for Houghton Horse Trials CIC*** at the end of May. They're not sure if she plans to ride herself, or if she will substitute another rider later on but it has them speculating.
Maybe its 2 horses she is training? She hasn't ridden since she announced the pregnancy but has continued training several horses.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Maybe its 2 horses she is training? She hasn't ridden since she announced the pregnancy but has continued training several horses.
Yes, but I think the interest comes from that she's listed herself as the rider instead of another rider. If she has zero intention of riding why not just list the other person (presumably Tom McEwen who has been competing her horses in March and April) right off the bat. It comes off as she's playing it by ear, and will assess things closer to the event.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah well sorry, no way even she she gave birth tomorrow would she be able to run a 3 day on 2 horses within 3 weeks.

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Even if she has given birth, I'd be very surprised if she rode herself in trials at the end of this month. I can't remember, but after Mia was born, didn't it take her a while to compete again?

From a physiological perspective, all the pregnancy hormones (including those that relax smooth muscle) take some time to return to normal so joints stretch that bit more and and are easier to injure. And that pelvic floor!!! The thought of sitting in a saddle just weeks after giving birth makes me shudder - never mind riding cross country.

Why not? Anne got rid of her baby weight both times by riding her horse!
Old 05-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes, but I think the interest comes from that she's listed herself as the rider instead of another rider. If she has zero intention of riding why not just list the other person (presumably Tom McEwen who has been competing her horses in March and April) right off the bat. It comes off as she's playing it by ear, and will assess things closer to the event.
Wow. I'd be very surprised if she did ride even if she gave birth this week! The fitness level required is huge and she hasn't done any serious riding for months.

I await with interest and possible awe! I really like Zara and Mike.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-02-2018, 09:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Have you ever ridden competitively let alone at that level? It isn't about baby weight.

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
That sounds crazy to me. I think thatís the last thing to be doing after having a baby.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was nearly 3 months after Mia was born, before Zara competed. Though perhaps due to the season (Mia was born in January).

Even if the baby is born in the next few days, I doubt she will ride so soon. She may be back on horseback, but not at a competitive level IMO.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He doesn't appeal to this American either.

I've always thought him rather crude, and could never understand what Zara saw in him.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Wow. I'd be very surprised if she did ride even if she gave birth this week! The fitness level required is huge and she hasn't done any serious riding for months.

I await with interest and possible awe!
I know it's really bizarre. I think it's one a 3 possibilities.

1. Someone who works for Zara made a mistake on the entry forms.
2. Tom McEwen is unable to ride her horses for that event so she put her own name down as a placeholder while she searches for a different rider.
3. She actually does plan to compete. And she'll just compete the dressage portion (to get her feet wet) and she'll scratch x-country and jumping.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
That sounds crazy to me. I think thatís the last thing to be doing after having a baby.
I'm going to guess there was a time lapse before Anne got back astride.

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I am absolutely sure that both Anne and Zara waited for their doctor to give the ok before getting on a horse.
The amount of damage a woman could do to her body and health if not following doctorís orders is huge and Iím horrified at the though that anyone would think Zara would ever risk it.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Iím sure Pranter, I didnít mean right away, sorry if it sounded like that (I guess it did YIKES)
Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Iím sure Pranter, I didnít mean right away, sorry if it sounded like that (I guess it did YIKES)
No just clarifying ..for those who don't ride they may not realize how unlikely the idea is that a woman would give birth then 3 or 4 weeks later be competing in a 3 Day!

Makes my lady parts cringe just thinking about it!

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

I’m really looking forward to Zara and Mike’s baby. She sure looks to me it will be soon....
Old 05-02-2018, 11:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's hard to tell with Zara, she has a shorter stockier body type and not a long torso...but I'm guessing May!

LaRae
Old 05-02-2018, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, for a second I thought she could go before Duchess of Cambridge