Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 2: January 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Tindall was on BBC Breakfast discussing about Prince Philip's funeral, family life and his father who is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2003.

Queen mourned husband Philip with bravery, says Mike Tindall
The Queen mourned her husband the Duke of Edinburgh with bravery and was "amazing" at his funeral, Mike Tindall has said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56940874

Nice to see her again but I wonder when we will able to see the new little darling !

The Tindall's are private citizens and if they don' t want you to see their children you might never see them
The same goes with Harry' s daughter. No duty to show her or Archie.

The Tindall's are private citizens and if they don' t want you to see their children you might never see them
The same goes with Harry' s daughter. No duty to show her or Archie.

There is no reason that they would suddenly start to completely shield their son while we've seen them with their daughters regularly.

It is rare also to see photos of the Phillips girls.

There are plenty of pics of the Tindall Kids. Zara is out at horse trials etc every weekend, and the children are seen at them...

We barely get any "official" photos of any of them beyond what they release with HM and PP but we did used to get a regular supply from photographs at the polo, horse trials, eventing, country shows and other outdoor public summer activities.

Not to mention their appearances at Trooping and the various weddings. Whilst some events will be slow to get back to "normal" there won't be any weddings on the Windsor side for a while and who knows what Trooping will look like in the next few years, there's no reason to suspect that we won't see Lucas toddling around various events when the time comes.

he's rather small rihgt now, but I can't see why the Tindalls are going to keep him hidden.. when the girls have been out with them on a regular basis.

I'm sure we'll see pictures of him eventually, but the sort of events at which we usually see the Tindall and Phillips families aren't happening at the moment because of Covid restrictions. Hopefully that'll change over the summer.

I'm sure we'll see pictures of him eventually, but the sort of events at which we usually see the Tindall and Phillips families aren't happening at the moment because of Covid restrictions. Hopefully that'll change over the summer.

We just saw Zara with a pram at such an event; so those events are apparently happening but as it was rather cold she didn't take him out of the pram.

The article declared: The royal also stopped by a food van.
Zara is the daughter of The Princess Royal.
Zara is the granddaughter of The Queen.
However, Zara does not have a title. She is not Lady Zara Tindall.
Should the press still refer to her as a royal?

She's not technically royal since she obviously isn't HRH but the BRF don't really have the strict separation between members of the Royal House and royal family that others do, especially when talking about the family members informally and she *is* in the line of succession. So in this case they're just using it as short hand for "member of the royal family".

Even if she was Lady Zara she wouldn't be royal as defined by HRH.

The article declared: The royal also stopped by a food van.
Zara is the daughter of The Princess Royal.
Zara is the granddaughter of The Queen.
However, Zara does not have a title. She is not Lady Zara Tindall.
Should the press still refer to her as a royal?

The media are wrong to call her a royal.

Many years ago Princess Margaret was asked if her children were royal, and they do have titles - at the time Viscount Linley (now Earl Snowdon) and Lady Sarah - her reply 'no my children just have the Queen for an aunt'.

Some years later Princess Anne was asked the same thing and made the same reply replacing 'aunt' with 'grandmother'.

As their mother doesn't consider them royal then the media is wrong to refer to Zara, or Peter, as royal.

They are members of the British Royal Family but aren't themselves royal.

There was a Channel 5 documentary on Mike and Zara called Zara & Mike: No Nonsense Royals discussing their sporting career, royal life and previous trouble/obstacles. This documentary was released on Saturday 1st May 9pm

Youtube Link to the documentary (Hopefully not being taken down in the future):

Channel 5' TV guide and introduction to the Zara & Mike: No Nonsense Royals documentary
https://www.channel5.com/show/zara-mike-no-nonsense-royals/

Last edited:
From what we see, he looks very much like his father !

From what we see, he looks very much like his father !
I totally agree:flowers: When I saw the picture I immediately saw Mike! So cute! The baby has only 2 months old and has already specific features.;)

He's a cutie and looks very much like Mike!!

Mike Tindall did an interview with Bryony Gordon from The Telegraph discussing about fatherhood, royal family, social media (glad it wasn't around when he was a teenager) and controversy surrounding taking the knee. Unfortunately, the article is behind a paywall.

Mike Tindall: ‘Take the knee? I'd stand against racism in my own way’
The rugby star talks about fatherhood, his royal in-laws and why he's glad social media wasn't around when he was a teenager
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/06/18/mike-tindall-want-racism-end-wouldnt-take-knee/

The Daily Mail has picked up some of the content
Mr Tindall said that while you 'can't condone what people have said', it is 'naive to think' they cannot change - before admitting: 'I would have said some stupid things when I was 18, without a shadow of a doubt.'

He also used his interview with the Daily Telegraph to pay tribute to the Royal Family for how 'kind they've been' welcoming him and his family in.

He said: 'I've always felt part of it, and I think that's down to what an amazing woman the Queen is.'

(...)

Mr Tindall said: 'I support the fight against racism for sure. Would I necessarily take the knee? Realistically, I don't generally buy into the actual organisation of Black Lives Matter.

'If you read the website and go through it all. I just don't like the organisation. So I would respect [the stance against] racism in my own way.'

(...)

The former-rugby player - and husband of Princess Anne's daughter Zara - said: 'Look, you can't condone what people have said but people can change, and it's naive to think they can't.

I would have said some stupid things when I was 18, without a shadow of a doubt.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9703361/Mike-Tindall-says-doesnt-buy-BLM-organisation.html

:previous:

(..) I have now found the archived link for The Telegraph article with Mike Tindall's interview.

https://archive.ph/nU84K

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, July 15, Zara as Musto Ambassador "joined the France SailGP Team out on the water for a unique sailing experience. The 3 day eventing Olympian traded horse power for wind power joining the team onboard the cutting-edge F50 ahead of the Great Britain Sail Grand Prix this weekend in Plymouth (17/18 July)":

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom