The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nothing on Twitter...

LaRae

Old 06-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

I think we need to remember that Zara has a more athletic/big boned build than Catherine and might just carry differently.

We should also consider that she may be having more than one :)

Old 06-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

All of this because Mike said she was 8.5months gone, maybe he just didn't give the exact timings, maybe he just meant she is more than 8months gone? As far as I know we've never been given an exact date she is due other than "summer" so I wouldn't put too much store in one comment from Mike in an interview.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

He probably meant that his wife had some problems with the fitting of her dress.
So to speak like someone who is 8 1/2 half month pregnant.

Summer starts June 21st till September 21st and for sure in that period of time, they will have their child.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I think we need to remember that Zara has a more athletic/big boned build than Catherine and might just carry differently.

We should also consider that she may be having more than one :)
If more then one, we would have known already.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I thought it was mentioned originally that the baby was due in July.

Some woman show much more than others.

(Of course, there's always the possibility of twins!)
I don't think there was ever any official announcement of timing. Summer was the original press speculation at the time of the pregnancy announcement.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Zara has a shorter torso...she will carry differently than someone who is taller with a longer torso.

No month was ever given...just 'summer'.

LaRae
Old 06-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Every day when I see Zara and Mike’s thread w/ a new post I think - did she finally have the baby? But, not yet & the wait continues.
I’m also waiting for news of the arrival of my niece’s new son - he, at least, is officially over due as the due date was 6/13.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Well, nothing much happening as Mike is watching the rugby and he isn't impressed!

EDIT Source: Mike's Twitter account

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Every day when I see Zara and Mike’s thread w/ a new post I think - did she finally have the baby? But, not yet & the wait continues.
I’m also waiting for news of the arrival of my niece’s new son - he, at least, is officially over due as the due date was 6/13.
Sometimes you have to wait.
My granddaughter was due to arrive on May 15th and she came safely on May 30th. We all started to joke about a June baby. At the end her birth took only 10 minutes time and she was there before the midwife arrived. It was more like a launching of a rocket.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
If more then one, we would have known already.
Could not the news of twins be kept quiet at the request of the parents?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 PM
Majesty

With the current world in which we live, being first if better than being right.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
My granddaughter was due to arrive on May 15th and she came safely on May 30th. We all started to joke about a June baby. At the end her birth took only 10 minutes time and she was there before the midwife arrived. It was more like a launching of a rocket.
Congratulations!
Old 06-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw Congratulations and thought the baby had arrived
Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Well our baby arrived and thanks to the well-wishers
Old 06-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:

My cousin and his wife’s elder daughter was due on October 10th, 2008 but came on the 20th, weighing a whopping 9 lbs. 6 oz. My aunt went up for the birth (it’s a 6-hour drive) but had to come home after a week, before the baby was born. My cousin’s wife was supposed to be induced, but she went into labour by herself on the day of the induction; the baby must have thought “I better get out of here or they’re going to make me!” She’s now 9 almost 10.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
My cousin and his wife’s elder daughter was due on October 10th, 2008 but came on the 20th, weighing a whopping 9 lbs. 6 oz. My aunt went up for the birth (it’s a 6-hour drive) but had to come home after a week, before the baby was born. My cousin’s wife was supposed to be induced, but she went into labour by herself on the day of the induction; the baby must have thought “I better get out of here or they’re going to make me!” She’s now 9 almost 10.
Same story with our grandchildren
Old 06-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Assuming that Mike was quoted correctly, she must be overdue because I don't but the story that said that she had to dress as if she were 8 1/2 months pregnant. He could have made the same comment wit 7 1/2 of 8 months..

However, 8 1/2 doesn't necessarily equate to exactly 8 months and 2 weeks. 8 months and 1 week up to 8 months and 3 weeks is within that range (as he most likely wouldn't say 8 months in that case). The latter is unlikely by now but her due date could easily have been the first week of June (3-9) and in that case Mike's comment was accurate and she is in her second overdue week right now. And why would Mike need to be at Zara's side for 4 weeks (2 weeks before until 2 weeks after due date)? William wasn't with Catherine and many other father's carry on normally just trying to travel not too far away (overseas would be unlikely); they could even have been given a date to induce in case the baby doesn't show up spontaneously.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Honestly I took his comment as 'she is some where past 8 months but not 9'. Whether she was a few days or a few weeks passed 8 months, not certain. I think she is over due but not by much.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Well our baby arrived and thanks to the well-wishers

Congrats hope your having cuddles