Princess Anne's Hairstyle

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's very flattering, but she's obviously comfortable having it that way. I think it's part of her character now!

I think Anne's hairstyle is now her trademark look and who knows what kind of response she'd get if she changed it. But I've wondered how she'd look in a nice sleek bob at jaw length. I also agree that the color is too dark for her skin tone and she should dye it lighter; it would look much more attractive as well.

Last edited:
I'm trying to style my hair just like Anne when she was my age - if you look at one of the pictures of her in her early 20's she's got her hair down past her shoulders and it's all wavy and the edges are curled, and she has simply stunning blue eyes!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/12/article-1302639-008D338100000190-870_468x542.jpg

Anne's hair look beautiful at the time but I think she may feel she can't do styles like that at her age now. Also, I think Anne is so busy now that she won't have time to manage her hair. I do think she could make some improvements though. I'm surprised Zara don't help her out.

I'd be shocked if she ever changes her hair. Anne has worked her whole life to ensure she can't be treated like a fashion plate or a fairy tale and I think her unchanging hair and recycled clothes are to make sure the focus is always on her work.

It's true that PA is a no-nonsense person whose priorities are strictly work-driven, but I think a little change-up in her appearance wouldn't do any harm and hopefully not be too earth-shattering for the public. It would be a shame to be so locked in a look and style that now she couldn't change it even if she wanted to.

Last edited:
It's true that PA is a no-nonsense person whose priorities are strictly work-driven, but I think a little change-up in her appearance wouldn't do any harm and hopefully not be too earth-shattering for the public. It would be a shame to be so locked in a look and style that now she couldn't change it even if she wanted to.

LOVE her eyes in this picture though! They're the same colour as and sparkle like lake water! Not a fan of the headband, though.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...70_468x542.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. I've been wondering how PA would look with a different hairstyle for awhile. I'm not a photoshop expert; but what do you think of these: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/jametty

Please be kind. My first attempt at something like this :)

Hello. I've been wondering how PA would look with a different hairstyle for awhile. I'm not a photoshop expert; but what do you think of these: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/jametty

Please be kind. My first attempt at something like this :)

Not a bad photoshop job! But I just... can't imagine Anne without her trademark 'do. She looks like a totally different person!

That being said, the shorter looks look better on her than the longer ones.

The link didn't come through, Jenafran. Can you please repost it?

I think my favourite is the third one. Not too long, but not too short either.

Do you remember in the 1980s i think it was, for some evening event, Princess Anne had her hair up (as usual) but it was coloured bright pink at the ends? So if she ever changes, it will be because she wants to.

I personally think she should leave the style as it is (it is so 'her'), but lighten the colour. THat would improve the overall look IMO.

I think my favourite is the third one. Not too long, but not too short either.

I don't know if I like Anne with hair that's not her own. I really like her own dark chocolate brown (like mine!)

Last edited:
I think it's great that Princess Anne's hairstyle has its own thread! :D

Last edited:
She need to change her hairstyle. It is unbecoming and out of date. She is too old for that amount of hair.

She need to change her hairstyle. It is unbecoming and out of date. She is too old for that amount of hair.

It's what she likes. And really, who says a woman has to cut her hair short just because she's older? It's the 21st century.

I think that Anne's hair has iconic status. I really do. It's like when she wears an outfit from the 70s. It's what we expect from her. We crave constancy in our lives. Besides, if she showed up in some slammin' 'do, she'd be accused of trying to outshine someone. :flowers:

Well we are talking about her HRH The Princess Royal. She is 65 yo and doesn't give a ? what anybody thinks about anything. The end.

:previous: I quite agree. When did it become mandatory for women of a certain age to have to cut their hair? If it's a Fashion Police Law then who cares, Anne has never been, nor ever will be, a fashionista.

Princess Anne, like Crown Princess Victoria, has a workaday hairstyle that works for her. She can probably put it up in five minutes except when she is attending a gala event, in which case I imagine a hairdresser does it and adds in the extra poof and bulk that is both aesthetically pleasing and de rigueur for tiara wearing.

The point is, it works for her and, just like every other woman, when your hair works for you, you are happy. If it aint broke don't fix it!

I can't imagine Anne with a different hairstyle - what possible alternative could there be for her that wouldn't compromise her regal look and would be easy to manage without having to style it everyday.

All she has to do is whip it up into a chignon, a couple of hair-clips here and there and it's all done.

Sitting there for hours at a time with hairdryer, curling tongs, hair-straighteners, mousse, hairspray and gawd knows what else to get that "just left the salon" look with her modern new hairstyle just isn't Anne. Even Princess Margaret went back to her long hair after a few years of having it short.

I think that maybe a haistyle like the queen would suit. I also can picture her wearing the same hairstyle as queen Silvia of Sweden. But I would be shocked to see her sporting a new haistyle after all these many years with the same look, I confess!

PA is a star and her work ethic is second to none but please, do something with the Royal hair, just think about it.

PA is a star and her work ethic is second to none but please, do something with the Royal hair, just think about it.

Some people just have certain things that are their own, personal trademarks. Anne's hairstyle is one of them. If she were to change her locks ever week, we'd probably never instantly recognize her anymore.

She likes it as it is and that's all that really matters. Her mother has kept the same hairstyle it seems for decades with not much change being done to it. Like mother, like daughter. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

HM has a valid reason, if she were to change her hairstyle coins and stamps would have to be altered. PA's hair is iconic, it does deserve its own forum in my humble opinion.

HM has a valid reason, if she were to change her hairstyle coins and stamps would have to be altered. PA's hair is iconic, it does deserve its own forum in my humble opinion.

Coins wouldn't be changed. They're based on specific portraits that get updated periodically as it is. British coins most recently changed their portrait of the Queen in 2015, but before that the design used had been in use since 1998.

What would be interesting to see is perhaps some of our most talented photoshoppers here putting Anne into different hairstyles so we could get a glimmer of what she would look like in them. Perhaps the iconic feathered tresses of Farrah Fawcett from the 70s for example. :D

The Queen's hairstylist has mentioned that Her Majesty wants to change her hair style, but she chickens out when it comes down to actually doing so.

Princess Anne used to wear her hair half down, but I think she may feel she's too old to try that again. Also, she's so busy now more than ever. I don't think she have much time to manage a different hairstyle. It seems easy for her to have it up in a bun. It would be nice to see her do something different with it though.

The Princess Royal`s hair is thick, wiry and frizzy and therefore hairstyles are very limited. It would take a great deal of time and effort to make it any other way and I think we all know that Princess Anne is not the type of person to be interested in doing that. For these reasons, styling her hair the way she has done it for a long time now is unlikely to change.

Back
Top Bottom