Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zara and Mike are having a baby! Will the baby be a boy, girl or both?!

• A girl....Savannah and Isla need someone to play with at the Horsing events!

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • A boy! Savannah and Isla can play with a boy too!

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Twins! If anyone in the BRF can do it...its Zara!

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie and Philip (Countess of Wessex, DOE) are very royal, even Michael to a lesser extent. Vivian is also an old fashioned traditional name, though thanks to Brangelina it is coming into fashion. Zoe is really the only untraditional one in your list.

Sophie and Philip (Countess of Wessex, DOE) are very royal, even Michael to a lesser extent. Vivian is also an old fashioned traditional name, though thanks to Brangelina it is coming into fashion. Zoe is really the only untraditional one in your list.

Sophie and Philip are both more Continental royal names, and less British royal names. Michael's similar as well, although it has been seen in the BRF.

Zoe is actually an old Greek name that's become a modern English name - both traditional and new in one go.

Philip being the name of the DOE, whether he was born a Greek Prince or not, firmly embeds Philip now as a BRF name. There is also Mary I's husband. As with many of the other names, names often come from other countries via marriage. Victoria was introduced by Queen Vic's German mother of the same name. She was named Alexandrina, as Victoria was thought too German for a possible heir to the throne.

Sophie/a has been well established in the BRF, since the Hannoverians came to the throne.
Sophia of Hannover-mother of George I, granddaughter of James VI and I
Sophia Dorothea-daughter of George I, Queen of Prussia
Amelia Sophia- daughter of George II
Princess Sophia of Gloucester-niece of George III, by his brother William
Princess Augusta Sophia-daughter of George III
Princess Sophia-another daughter of George III
Princess Sophie of Prussia, later Queen of the Hellenes-Victoria's granddaughter
Since it has not been prominent but the Earl of St. Andrew's youngest daughter is Lady Amelia Sophia Windsor. Though by marriage, we also have Sophie Wessex, and Lady Frederick Windsor (Sophie Winkleman).

If either Sophie or Philip were chosen, I doubt anyone would not say they chose a royal name, one from the royal family. Yes Mike may have Philip in his family tree, but it's like saying if Will and Kate have a daughter and name her Elizabeth, they are naming her for Kate's middle name/mom's middle name/and Kate's great grandmother.

Other than spellings, or new 'american' inventions, most popular names have old roots to them.

I think they will chose a tradition name. They might not be traditional but IMO their child's name will be.

I say Zike for a boy and Mara for a girl.

:lol: Maybe they should try out how the names will be pronounced in different languages first (zike pronounced in dutch is rather a crude word)

Zara is not "out-of-blue" name like Savannah/Isla.
It was specifically chosen by her uncle The Prince of Wales. It has some special meaning in Greek or Latin, dont remember.
Anyways I am sure the baby will not have the British-Royal-Stereotype-Name
There can certainly be some "modern" names or "modernised" names, like Xan (DoG's grandson). I am sure there will be two names max. But definitely not as modern as Zike/Mara..
And as for godparents, this speculation will remain a speculation forever...

:lol: Maybe they should try out how the names will be pronounced in different languages first (zike pronounced in dutch is rather a crude word)

And "Mara" is a gay expression in Brazil. :lol:

Zara is not "out-of-blue" name like Savannah/Isla.
It was specifically chosen by her uncle The Prince of Wales. It has some special meaning in Greek or Latin, dont remember.

Zara means "Princess".

Last edited:
I have now googled. Zara means Princess in Arabic.
But while naming Zara Phillips, Charles' intention was the Greek meaning--"The rising sun" or "Bright Dawn"..

For a boy: Aidan Mark Phillip.
For a girl: Deoiridh Anne Linda (the first name means "pilgrim" in Gaelic)/
Godparents: Peter Philips and some female cousin of Mark (AFAIK, he doesn't have any sisters).

I change my mind about if it will be a boy or girl. I can see Zara with a boy and I think a girl would be good too. I think the name is way too hard to predict I doubt it will be Anne or anything traditional so it makes it way too hard to guess. For them there are no boundries so they can really go to town on the name. I am going to say I doubt it's going to be North or Blue Ivy. LOL She might even name them after one of her favourite horses. I know people who have named their kids after their favourite dog so it isnt like it hasnt been done. I couldn't do that though I don't think Fluffy or Spot are good names for kids. LOL

I think it will be a boy

Boy! I thinks that's period for sons! Chinese calendar hai it all rights until now!:)

Twins:
Hugh Robert Henry Tindall - HRH Tindall!!
Philip James Andrew Tindall
Philippa Rose Elizabeth Tindall - Filly Tindall!!
Grace Alexandra Claire Tindall

Godparents:
two friends..sportsmen or women, Laura Lopes, Zara's bridesmaid..
Peter or Harry

I think it's a girl, whether Anne needs a grandson or not, there's a girl in there :p

Names:

East South East Tindall

Mara Zike Anne Tindall

I think she is going to have a boy.
Name: Mark Philip Tindall

Alice Phillipa Michelle
Mark Andrew Micheal

Alexandrina for a daughter. Queen Victoria was Alexandrina Victoria.

I'm voting for a boy.
And his name will be Robin. :ROFLMAO:
"Robert" (for which Robin is a diminutive) was the name that came into my mind when I saw the thread, hadn't given this any thought before!
"Rose" for a daughter.

I change my mind about if it will be a boy or girl. I can see Zara with a boy and I think a girl would be good too. I think the name is way too hard to predict I doubt it will be Anne or anything traditional so it makes it way too hard to guess. For them there are no boundries so they can really go to town on the name. I am going to say I doubt it's going to be North or Blue Ivy. LOL She might even name them after one of her favourite horses. I know people who have named their kids after their favourite dog so it isnt like it hasnt been done. I couldn't do that though I don't think Fluffy or Spot are good names for kids. LOL

Favorite horse- that means Toytown Tindell is coming next year.

Well now we know it is a girl, any final bets on name.

Alice Linda Anne Tindall- Alice for Philip and then the name of the two grandmas

I'm going with Alice & Anne somewhere in the name too. I'm also taking a stab and saying that The Duchess of Cambridge will be one of the godparents, along with Peter Phillips.

I'll go with Gracie :p

Gracie Elizabeth Anne Tindall

While I am looking at the poll, I can't help thinking about guesses and reality.

Most of people considered that William and Kate's baby would be a girl, and Zara and Mike's baby would be a boy.

First name, Poppy. Dont know about the rest.

I am thinking Alice might be somewhere in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom