Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zara and Mike are having a baby! Will the baby be a boy, girl or both?!

• A girl....Savannah and Isla need someone to play with at the Horsing events!

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • A boy! Savannah and Isla can play with a boy too!

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Twins! If anyone in the BRF can do it...its Zara!

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i also think it's quite likely that either william or kate are godparents to zara's baby.

My top choices would be Makayla-whether it's that spelling or not

Zoey and Madison are my other top choices. I also like Claire or Clara

I don't see them going very traditonal but if they did I would guess Alice.That could be a middle name too.

Last edited:
Philippa Elizabeth Alice has a nice ring to it, I think. Or Alice Philippa. Philippa is perfect because it honours both the DoE, Mike's father and Zara's father/her maiden name. Alice is perfect because it's a modern classic and it has family ties to Philip's mum, Zara's great-grandmother. If they want to go a little more untraditional I'm thinking Ava, Chloe or Isabella.

As for godparents... Peter Phillips, either William or Catherine, Zara's bridesmaid and Mike's best man or a female cousin. But we wont know about the godparents, will we? We never heard anything about Savannah and Isla's godparents.

As for godparents... Peter Phillips, either William or Catherine, Zara's bridesmaid and Mike's best man or a female cousin. But we wont know about the godparents, will we? We never heard anything about Savannah and Isla's godparents.

Zara's more high-profile than Peter.
For that matter, so is Tindall.
So I'm guessing we will hear about the godparents.

Anne's family seem to be a bit different.
I can imagine them calling her something like Genevieve

The Tindall's might be more high profile than the Philip's but they are even further from the throne so maybe we will hear about godparents or maybe not.

I doubt that there will be much in the way of photos - unless Zara and Mike use their profile to seel some 'happy family snaps' to a magazine as part of a sponsorship promotion or something like that.

Hopefully, we will get some shots of the new family being a family. This branch of the Windsors seems to live life together. I can wait.

Picture this - Mike with a snuggie out and about. :ROFLMAO:

I think this child will be a boy but a girl is born!
Anyway I'm so happy for them.
I guess names of Zara's daughter : Miss Alicia Linda Anne Tindall
-Alicia is varient of Alice (Prince Philip's mother)
-Linda is Mike Tindall's mom
-Anne is Zara's mom, Princess Royal Anne

Again congratulation to the Zara and Mike and their families! :flowers:

I am sure there will be a chance at the rugby in the next few weeks - have games coming up on:

24th January
1st February
7th February
16th February
22nd February
1st March
22nd March
29th March
12th April
19th April
3rd May
10th May

Then there will be equestrian events as well:

May 7th - Badminton - will Zara be competing by then???
June 5th - Braham
August 1st/2nd - Festival of Britain - at Gatcombe
September 11 - Blenheim Palace Horse Trials

There are other smaller eventing events but these are the major ones currently listed on the website Eventing Horse Events & Eventing Horse Shows

Thanks for this look forward. I would not be surprised at all. :previous::previous:
I am sure there will be a chance at the rugby in the next few weeks - have games coming up on:

24th January
1st February
7th February
16th February
22nd February
1st March
22nd March
29th March
12th April
19th April
3rd May
10th May

Then there will be equestrian events as well:

May 7th - Badminton - will Zara be competing by then???
June 5th - Braham
August 1st/2nd - Festival of Britain - at Gatcombe
September 11 - Blenheim Palace Horse Trials

There are other smaller eventing events but these are the major ones currently listed on the website Eventing Horse Events & Eventing Horse Shows

The Tindall's might be more high profile than the Philip's but they are even further from the throne so maybe we will hear about godparents or maybe not.

I doubt that there will be much in the way of photos - unless Zara and Mike use their profile to seel some 'happy family snaps' to a magazine as part of a sponsorship promotion or something like that.

We got a photo of the Queen and Philip with Peter and Autumn at Savannah's christening. If William and Kate are there if one is a godparent plus the Queen and Philip, there will be photographers there.

I think Zara and Mike will give their daughter a modern-but-not-too-modern name for their daughter, like Peter and Autumn did with Savannah and Isla. I LOVE the names Eloise, Scarlett, Sophia and Freya. But Lady Helen Taylor has a daughter called Eloise so would that make the chances of that name being chosen slimmer? If they choose a traditional name then I think they will pick either Alice, Mary or Elizabeth. I would be very happy if they chose Alice, for a number of reasons! ;) Here are my last minute suggestions:

Modern-but-not-too-modern

Eloise Victoria Anne Linda
Sophia Charlotte Elizabeth Mary
Freya Elizabeth Anne Zara

Traditional

Alice Elizabeth Zara Anne
Mary Louise Elizabeth Anne
Elizabeth Anne Rose Linda

Last edited:
I think Zara and Mike will give their daughter a modern-but-not-too-modern name for their daughter, like Peter and Autumn did with Savannah and Isla. I LOVE the names Eloise, Scarlett, Sophia and Freya. But Lady Helen Taylor has a daughter called Eloise so would that make the chances of that name being chosen slimmer? If they choose a traditional name then I think they will pick either Alice, Mary or Elizabeth. I would be very happy if they chose Alice, for a number of reasons! ;) Here are my last minute suggestions:

Modern-but-not-too-modern

Eloise Victoria Anne Linda
Sophia Charlotte Elizabeth Mary
Freya Elizabeth Anne Zara

Traditional

Alice Elizabeth Zara Anne
Mary Louise Elizabeth Anne
Elizabeth Anne Rose Linda

Eloise and Sophia are modern? They are pretty traditional, and at least here, Eloise is considered pretty old fashioned and old ladyish. Freya may be modern in the sense it isn't a common name in the English speaking countries.

Eloise and Sophia are modern? They are pretty traditional, and at least here, Eloise is considered pretty old fashioned and old ladyish. Freya may be modern in the sense it isn't a common name in the English speaking countries.

Well, I did say "modern-but-not-too-modern" in my post, which to me means that the names have become popular in modern times but have been used in previous years. Actually, I think Freya is becoming more popular over here - I know quite a few Freyas/people who have called their daughter Freya. (Of course, I can't speak for the whole of the UK, though.)
I forgot a combination for Scarlett (which was one of my suggestions) - I like the sound of Scarlett Elizabeth or Scarlett Anne. IMO those combinations work nicely without any additional names.

Eloise and Sophia are those old-fashoined names that have become very modern recently. Like they're back in fashion.

Eloise and Sophia are those old-fashoined names that have become very modern recently. Like they're back in fashion.
There is already an Eloise in the extended family: Lady Helen Taylor's daughter.

I'm on the Alice bandwagon ... Alice Elizabeth Anne. However, someone with the name of Zara could favor another unique name -- how about Zeina Elizabeth Anne?

I'm on the Alice bandwagon ... Alice Elizabeth Anne. However, someone with the name of Zara could favor another unique name -- how about Zeina Elizabeth Anne?

I like the Alice Elizabeth Anne.
Alice for Princess Alice, Prince Philip's mother
Elizabeth for Queen Elizabeth II
Anne for the Princess Royal:lancasterrose::tudorrose:

Sometimes in you have a very unique name you go the other way when naming your own children. So I won't be surprised if it is something more "normal", Alice is a lovely name. I hope we find out soon!

:previous: Exactly. My own name isn't commonplace in Denmark and I definitely tend to prefer classic names to unique names. When you grow up with a 'unique' name, you know the downside of having a name that's different.

I rather think that a name from Mike's side of the family will be included also.

I kinda like Philippa. It covers a lot -Prince Philip, Mike 's dad name and Zara's maiden name.

I don't think it will be Poppy. I think Zara only made that comment as it was around Remembrance Day.

Anne Phillipa Elizabeth Michelle
(Anne & Elizabeth and probably Mike's mother's name.)

Prince Harry as godfather.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking about Poppy earlier. Poppy Elizabeth Tindall sounds adorable.

Exactly. You've said that better than I did! :flowers: That's what I was trying to say when explaining what I meant by my term "modern-but-not–too-modern".

Last edited:
Poppy is one of those names that's cute while she's little, but seems rather silly for a grown woman.

I prefer the classic names, because they tend to wear well.

this article says that:

- zara was home 6 hours after giving birth (wow, that's one speedy recovery)
- they didn't know the sex of the baby, hence the name may take a bit longer...
- other patients mentioned how low key everything was: ‘It was all very normal – no armed guards, no police, nothing to suggest she was here.’

Zara Phillips has given birth to a baby girl | Mail Online

I hope that the Poppy thing isn't true. I absolutely loathe nicknames-turned-given-names. I think they look so unprofessional. Besides, these are all I can think of when hearing "poppy". Josephine Tindall nicknamed Poppy would be dear though.

I'm still hoping for a Philippa since William and Catherine probably wont use it because of her sister. Or an Alice. Philippa Linda Elizabeth or Alice Philippa. if they want to go slightly more modern, perhaps Amelia, Ava, Cora, Ottilie or Lily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom