Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suztav

Heir Presumptive
I just read on GREMB that Peter is to marr Autumn. It doesn't give a date but there is a link to a news article. I couldn't find anything on the official website of the British Royal family.

Can anyone verify this?:wub:

I saw it announced on Sky News, and it said it was breaking news from Buckingham Palace.:)

Yey! I'm excited! It's something to look forward to. I did expect the news though! I wasn't sure whether Peter and Autumn or Zara and Mike's engagement would come first.

I wonder whether they'll choose a date to coincide with his grandparents' Diamond Wedding? I hope they choose Lady Louise as a bridesmaid!

That's great! Congratulations to the happy couple.:wub::wub::flowers:

So excited! I really like Autumn from what we've seen from her. Congrats to them. Can't wait for the event to happen.

Maybe the Queen will offer him a title before the marriage?

I'm from Quebec!! So pride to hear that news!! Congradulations to the happy couple!! Canadians will be proud i think!!!

I'm sure that Peter doesn't want any title!!

Hope so Wonder where teyll get Married Westminster Abbey, St Geoges Chapel ect

I'm sure that Peter doesn't want any title!!
If I were him, I'd want one. It would be something he could pass on to his children.. (That's kind of cool)..And his kids won't face the same kind of scrutiny he'd face as well..

congratulations to peter and autumn! i wonder whether they will marry in england or in canada...

what is known of autumn? they seem to have kept quite a low profile.

Last edited:
It was announced in AFP (Agence France Presse) an hour ago.

As Peter Phillips does not have any royal/official duties and keeps a low profile, I suppose it will be St George Chapel. I doubt any title will be bestowed on him on this occasion.

Anyway this is all speculation from me. Congratulations to the couple.

Congrats to Peter and Autumn!!! I sort of guess that it could happen since she did go on the cruise for the queen's b-day.

This is great news! I knew they would get married!

I doubt that Peter will get a title....from what I can see..he likes his half and half world. Half a private citizen and member of the royal family.

I'm sure that the wedding will be in St-George's Chapel... he will be the first grand child of the Queen to get married.... it will be quite special.... beautiful gift for her diamond wedding anniversary.... I hope that the Princess Royal will do her best to look good on that day... she's certainly the worst dressed Princess in Europe....

I hope that the Princess Royal will do her best to look good on that day... she's certainly the worst dressed Princess in Europe....

The Princess Royal is obviously concerned with more important things than her attire. So long as the clothes are appropriate for the occasion that is all she concerns herself with. IWS that I wish I could still fit into clothes I wore when I was 20 something!!

i agree with you wymanda and i have a lot of respect for the Princess Royal but i hope that she'll think about her attire on that special day like any other groom's mother....

The Princess Royal is obviously concerned with more important things than her attire. So long as the clothes are appropriate for the occasion that is all she concerns herself with. IWS that I wish I could still fit into clothes I wore when I was 20 something!!

True that, she is still a size 8 or 9 since her twenties, no fluctuations ever. It's an amazing achievement by itself to stay at one weight through all of life's curve balls, maybe even menopause, I don't know if Anne is there yet, but if so it makes it more extraordinary she is still her perfect size-nine. ;)

I think Peter won't get a title.. If he wanted a title and to take on the daily round of Court Circular engagements, I'm sure his grandmother would welcome it, but he has shown no inclination to be other than a private person, content with turning out for the large family gatherings. "Autumn Phillips" has a nice ring to it. I bet they are married in all but name already, living together, always together at the few occasions when they are photographed.
I can see them being married in three places and each one seems as likely as the others. What do you think?
1) St. George's Chapel, Windsor
2) Crathie Church, Balmoral (like Anne and Tim)
3) Perhaps a church near Gatcombe Park, maybe in Minchinhampton?

A forth possibility just occurs to me. Perhaps the venue will be associated with Autumn's family, maybe in Canada.

Will they're kids be in line to the British throne, too?

what is known of autumn? they seem to have kept quite a low profile.
Yeah... there's not quite information on them really. BBC mentions that they first met each other at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal in 2003. Soon after, Autumn (a 31-year-old management consultant) moved to Britain and is living with Peter (29) in a cottage on his mother's Gloucestershire estate, Gatcombe Park.

BBC NEWS | UK | Princess Anne's son set to marry

Wake up call for those whishing/naively dreaming that the wedding could happen in Canada: Autumn is from Montreal which is in Québec. That is the «French» speaking province of Canada, where in the 17xxs the French were conquered by the British and in the peace treaty French Canadians kept the right to keep their language and their religion. Quebec also has a *&%* independantist movement (a few bombings in the 60s and a political party that was in power on and off since Nov1976) . Also, for security reasons, the Queen doesn't come to the province of Quebec since the late 50s or early 60s (except for the 76 Montreal Olympics).

Last edited:
Is Autumn a Catholic? I read some people say she was, if she is and doesn't convert Peter loses his place in L.O.S.

Congrats to him. Such sadness though...he was one of my crushes. I had always hoped I would meet & catch his eye. :cry: :D

Maybe the Queen will offer him a title before the marriage?

The Queen may offer an Earldom since Peter is her eldest grandchild, but he may decline it out of respect for his parents' wish that their children not carry titles.

exciting news!!! something to look forward to ......this time..maybe a winter wedding??? I hope the palace will release some engagement photos soon.... & more details regarding the wedding....

This is great news. Autumn seems like a very nice and sweet woman.
Congratulations to the couple. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom