Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which actually makes it more surprising; parliament is usually less conservative than the monarchy. Even I have to admit it's sort of a strange law for a country with a pretty large minority of Roman Catholics. Oh well.

It is a very old law and one who was based on important reasoning when it was passed by parliament. The UK had just suffered a long period of political instability based on the existence of groups of interested people who used religion as a means to form their identity, even though religious motives may bnot have been on the forefront. So the Act made sense back then.

Since then there was no reason to put it to the test - there was no actual heir to the throne who couldn't marry the woman he had chosen because she wouldn't convert. But in case William or one of William's heirs would want to set his cap for a Catholic bride there is no doubt in my mind that the act would be reviewed and changed as it is surely not in accordance to the Human Rights Bill as it is seen in today's EU. But why disrupt such an ancient act at all when there is no actual need for it? That could turn out to be opening a can of worms...

Since Jo's post has opened up a line of discussion distinct from the impending marriage of Peter Phillips & Autumn Kelly, further discussion of the Act of Settlement should be made in the Act of Settlement thread.

thanks.
Warren
British Forums moderator

I saw I think on This Morning a while back that the reception is at Frogmore House and is being organised by Pedgiree Armstrong-Jones.

When the ushers at St George's Chapel welcome the 350 guests for what will be the most significant Royal wedding in nearly three decades, they will be extra careful not to stumble over their words.

Princess Autumn and the Get Along Gang | the Daily Mail

In short, they are a collection of working-class individuals whose attitudes could well have some of their more blue-blooded fellow guests choking on their quails' eggs if they cross paths at the reception

What complete and utter rubbish. :bang::bang:

I saw I think on This Morning a while back that the reception is at Frogmore House and is being organised by Pedgiree Armstrong-Jones.
It's Peregrine Armstrong Jones. :flowers:

Last edited:
That article makes her sound like a white trash gold digger.
It seems like there's always gotta be one article like this before a royal wedding.

When the ushers at St George's Chapel welcome the 350 guests for what will be the most significant Royal wedding in nearly three decades, they will be extra careful not to stumble over their words.

Princess Autumn and the Get Along Gang | the Daily Mail

In short, they are a collection of working-class individuals whose attitudes could well have some of their more blue-blooded fellow guests choking on their quails' eggs if they cross paths at the reception

What complete and utter rubbish. :bang::bang:

Autumn's family sounds as if they are nice people. So does the bride herself. And surely Peter found something absolutely lovable in her because otherwise he wouldn't have asked her with the consent of his family. And in the end it's those two who have to make a life together.

But I think it's funny that the D... Mail speaks of a "foreigner" when she was born a subject of Peter's grandmother... :whistling:

Oh my, what will HRH the Queen think of all this "news" about her future in-laws????

That article makes her sound like a white trash gold digger.
It seems like there's always gotta be one article like this before a royal wedding.

I know and I don't buy it. They're just trying to sell an interesting story.

I also don't get the "foreigner" thing. Why would that be controversial? The BRF has always married men and women from other countries. Phillip is from Greece! They're just trying to create controversary that doesn't really exist with this article.

Last edited:
:previous:
The Daily Mail has delved deeply into the family history and the worst they can find is an uncle who once owned a strip club and a gay bar. Shocking! :D

The tone of the article is very similar to one they ran on Kate not too long ago about her great-grandparents, they didn't find much that time either but being the Daily Mail they still managed to make a 'story' out of it. :rolleyes:

I agree, Amelia. It's such a non-story and seems typical of the Daily Mail.

I can't believe that Autumn being Canadian is apparently an objection that's being brought up by the article. So the Queen is good enough to be the Queen of Canada, but for her grandson to marry a Canadian is apparently such a big problem. :rolleyes:

William & Harry are going to be Ushers. Kate has been invited. What about Prince Harry's longtime girlfriend Chelsy??? Has Chelsy been invited???

Will there be live tv coverage of the royal wedding, for example by the BBC or any other tv-station?

I would not have thought there would be any live coverage of it perhaps on the news as it is not a major royal that is getting married, but it would be nice to see some coverage of it on the news

Will there be live tv coverage of the royal wedding, for example by the BBC or any other tv-station?

I hope so, I'd love to see her dressed up!

Chelsey has been given an invite according to hola and hello

wonder will she manage to find a classy elegant outfit - doubt it probably the main reason for never starting a thread about her fashion and style because she lacks it :lol::lol: dont get me wrong i like Chelsey she appears to be fun and bubbly and not in the realtionship for the limelight but i wish she could dress abit better whilst still being young and modern it can be done!!

Wow! The Queen end the Duke of Edinburgh will be in Turkey from May 13-16, and then Peter's wedding is the next day! Talk about non-stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom