Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply CasiraghiTrio... however maybe they can be an example to other line to the throne in the future.. If I'm not mistaken, Duke of Kent convert to Catholic...but how abt if the other way round ???

I believe its the Duchess of Kent that you are referring to.:flowers: As far as I know nothing has changed with the Duke of Kent.

I believe its the Duchess of Kent that you are referring to.:flowers: As far as I know nothing has changed with the Duke of Kent.

Yes, I think you're right. The Duchess and Lord Nicholas are Catholic now, but I don't think the Duke is Catholic.

Oh.. but if I'm nost mistaken Duke of Kent is still in line for the throne.. but yeah, doesnt effect anything but wonder if there are some restriction in the religion....

The Duke of Kent is still in the line of succession because when he and the Duchess got married she was an Anglican.

It would be totally unfair, if a person's conversions AFTER the wedding was to take their partner our of the line of succession.

Imagine a certain late Princess, who at the height of the war with her ex-husband had been able to get him out of the line of succession by a conversion to Roman Catholicism.

As the Duchess of Kent had been an Anglican at the time of the marriage, and for about 30+ years afterwards, it wouldn't be fair to penalise her husband for a decision she made after all those years. Her children's decision to convert was made in the full knowledge of the consequences, as was Prince Michael's decision to marry a RC.

Has a location or date been set for Peter's marriage?

There's no new info on a date or location for Peter and Autumn's wedding yet. I should think that something must be decided on by now.

I have never understood why the Duke of Kent can still be in the line of succesion as no King/Queen of the U.K. can have a catholic spouse. He now has one so, hypothetically, if he was ever next in line he could never ascend the throne with the Duchess as his wife.

Did she ever say she will convert her religion, so Peter Phillips can stay in the line of succession?

May it be, that the couple will marry without attention of the public?

Hey guys did you here, Peter and Autumn are going to marry at Windsor Castle next May and William is to be the best man.:flowers:

William as best man

The article only says "Prince William, who is extremely close to Peter, may be the best man."

That would be wonderful! I can't wait. I wonder if the wedding will be televized and will Autumn get a tiara?

She will probably get some kind of tiara, maybe one of Anne's. It is wonderful to finally have a date. I wonder if Autumn will attend the service for the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's wedding anniversary?

This is fantastic news. I love St. George's chapel. I think it will be a wonderful place for them to exchange their vows. Maybe they will get married on Autumn's birthday which is the begining of May or maybe Zara's. That would be really nice too.

Anglican or ecumenical service (Anglican + Catholic)? Any news on that front?

Thanks!

I don't know how a reliable source this paper is but, it has "revealed" that Peter and Autumn have set a date. It might be an interesting read though. The date kind of makes sense because it's 6 mths from now and most royal wedding dates are usually announced around that time frame. I hope that the date is announced any day from Buckingham Palace.http://express.co.uk/posts/view/28614/queen- s-grandson-names-the-day

Oh I hope they annonce a date soon from BP, because we have been waiting since July. I'm so excited for them!:flowers:

I just read this quote in an Australian paper. Do you think it is true? The part about renouncing?
"Anne's family will see its position in the royal hierarchy reduced further as her son, Peter Phillips, the Queen's eldest grandchild, is engaged to Autumn Kelly, a Canadian management consultant who is a Roman Catholic. Mr Phillips, 30, is one notch below his mother at 11th in line, but British monarchs and their heirs are banned from becoming or marrying Catholics. Under the 1701 Act of Settlement he will be dropped from the line of succession when he marries Ms Kelly, unless she renounces her religion."

Last edited by a moderator:
The moment a person in the line of succession marries a Roman Catholic they forfeit their place. It's automatic and final, and is determined by the Act of Settlement, which is a law made by the Parliament. Princess Anne's family's "position in the royal heirarchy" is otherwise unaffected by such a marriage as the line of succession is just a list of names, and there are plenty of potential heirs before Peter Phillips.

If Ms Kelly converts to something other than Roman Catholicism prior to the marriage, her husband will remain in the list. In any case, children of the marriage who are not raised as Roman Catholics will have full succession rights.

See here: The Act of Settlement and the Line of Succession

Maybe this question has been asked, but do you think that the Queen will give Peter a title on the wedding day? sorry if this has be asked before.

Maybe this question has been asked, but do you think that the Queen will give Peter a title on the wedding day? sorry if this has be asked before.

I read in an article (which I'll try and find for reference) that the Queen offered a title to Peter in connection with his wedding, but it was turned down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom