Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's quite handsome isn't he. i noticed too that a wedding date hadn't been mentioned. i wonder why? isn't unusual for BP to make an announcement without having wedding date set?

New pics of Peter and Autumn posing camera.. They look lovely couple

Fotobanka isifa image service

karla64:amflag:

Here's another very nice close up pic of the couple :flowers::

Peter Phillips, eldest grandson of Queen Elizabeth II, with Canadian fiance Autumn Kelly pose for pictures at a horse show at Gatcombe Park, Gloucestershire, England Saturday Aug. 4, 2007. Philips, the son of Princess Anne, The Princess Royal, recently announced his engagement to Kelly, who can be seen wearing a diamond ring. Phillips will have to renounce his 10th place in the line of the succession to the Throne upon marriage due to the Act of Settlement of 1701 which bars monarchs and their heirs from becoming or marrying Catholics. (AP Photo/Barry Batchelor/PA)

---> Peter and Autumn 4.8.2007

Does anyone know if they will have a Catholic, Anglican, or combination Catholic-Anglican wedding (with priests from both faiths)?

Is it too hopeful to expect that the Parliament will change the Act of Settlement -- if I am not mistaken, isn't Peter the closest heir in recent times to be marrying a Catholic?

Good heavens, you would think that the New York Times would have better editorial judgment than to use the word "scandal" in a headline to describe this sitaution?
Why? The New York Times is a rag. Just google their name and "Feldman" and see why, for starters. And let's not even mention their several reporters who made up stories, and the editors just let is slide. . .

The ring is beautiful, I think Peter will renounce his place in the order of succession and I don't think it will bother him. Not having a title hasn't made any difference to either him or Zara in fact it has probably helped them get on better with their lives.

Peter doesn't have to 'renounce' anything.

Until, or unless, he is actually in a position to be king - i.e. everyone ahead of him with a claim to the throne is deceased, the Act of Settlement won't really do anything.

Only if the 9 people ahead of him (soon to be 10 when Sophie gives birth) all die will his marriage to a RC actually have an effect at all.

Sorry I used the wrong word however he still would not be in the line of succession, similar to Prince Michael of Kent although his children are in line to the throne as they were raised Anglicans.

I am confused! I just read from the daily mail that said Autumn's age has been mixed up and she is only 29 and not 31 so which one is it?

It was nice to see them so happy at the Gatcombe Park events. I love Autumn has integrated herself into the Gatcombe Park life, helping out with the menial task division and everything. I am starting to wonder if their ceremony will be (like them) a simple affair in a quaint Cotswolds chapel, rather than a big to-do in Windsor. Maybe Anne will offer up some fabulous jewels for the bride to wear. When Peter broke up with Iorio, he thought he was going to meet some "nice English girl", but he was just slightly off because he met a "nice Canadian girl" instead. She is very cute. I wouldn't say 'pretty', but definitely cute, sweet looking without being over-sweetsy, and very cool. Good "find" for Peter, very good find, indeed! :D

I am confused! I just read from the daily mail that said Autumn's age has been mixed up and she is only 29 and not 31 so which one is it?

She's 31, and he's 29 (he's 30 in Nov).

Don't believe the Daily Mail...they believe Zara and Mike are engaged (I read it in an article about her advertising Land Rover!):eek:

I was confused about her age as well. I did read an article from a newspaper here in Canada. Her father was being interviewed and he mentioned the fact that people were confused about her age. He said that she's 29. I'm sure I would believe him. I will get the article for everyone to read. It was quite interesting.

Hello also stated Autumn is 29 years old in their article about the couple's engagement.

You call that a "dazzling engagement ring"! Ugh! Mine is much larger and nicer. You'd think a royal grandson could pull off something better than a ring that looks like he picked it up at Sears.

You call that a "dazzling engagement ring"! Ugh! Mine is much larger and nicer. You'd think a royal grandson could pull off something better than a ring that looks like he picked it up at Sears.
Oh now, let's be nice. It was not Sears that he picked it out from, it was ZALES!:lol:
All kidding aside, it's a "nice" ring. We don't know the size of the stones and we don't know the quality, but Hello! specualted the cost of it was somewhere in the ball park of 80,000 pounds, so it would have to be in the quality of the diamonds themselves, I would think. Maybe the diamonds were heirlooms? And he designed the setting? Who knows. maybe he picked out something for her that was very nice and fit "her" personality rather than fit the personality of the grandson of the Queen.

Maybe Autumn is the one who didn't want a giant rock but something simple. After the wedding she can get a "loaner" from Queen mum's stash!
Wittykitty:rolleyes:

Peter Phillips has disappeared and gone to Scotland with his girl Autumn. Has it to do with that he is going to marry a Catholic? Perhaps, up in Scotland they will be left in peace. Peter belongs to Church of England, is he going to become a Catholic to marry Autumn? Is Autumn putting her foot down to remain a Catholic, in which case, forcing Peter to become a Catholic too?

Peter Phillips has disappeared and gone to Scotland with his girl Autumn. Has it to do with that he is going to marry a Catholic? Perhaps, up in Scotland they will be left in peace. Peter belongs to Church of England, is he going to become a Catholic to marry Autumn? Is Autumn putting her foot down to remain a Catholic, in which case, forcing Peter to become a Catholic too?

At this time of the year it is normal for close family members of the RF to go to Scotland for their annual holiday there at Balmoral so this isn't at all surprising that Peter would be up there and take his fiancee with him.

Why would Autumn remaining a Roman Catholic force Peter to become one?

My brother certainly didn't become a RC when he married a RC wife and he is also an Anglican. In addition Prince Michael of Kent didn't become RC when he married the RC Princess Michael of Kent. They raised their children as Anglicans as well.

If Autumn is a RC on the day that they marry then Peter loses his right to claim the throne, if that eventuality ever arose, but that is the only impact that his marriage would have. If they decided to raise their children as RC then those children also wouldn't be able to claim the throne but if they were raised as Anglicans then they could, if that situation arose, claim the throne.

Autumn and Peter are so lucky. They will enjoy a lovely married life, as they can enjoy all the nice things about being connected to the royal family (summers at Balmoral, winters at Sandringham, etc.) without the "burden" of working monarchy, and the best bonus of all, they will have a private life, totally out of the press except on the most extraordinary events. Their kids will have "normal" names and regular lives, go to "normal" schools, and everything.

Congratulations! Does anyone know when the wedding will be?

May I know whether she can convert to Anglican to ensure he maintains his claim? If not why? Is Catholic cant change their believe?

May I know whether she can convert to Anglican to ensure he maintains his claim? If not why? Is Catholic cant change their believe?

I doubt they're even worried about it. Why would his flimsy claim to the throne be a concern for them? He is still the Queen's grandson no matter what, loved unconditionally. I think that is all that matters for them. They want to be happy together, have a family perhaps, and live a nice private life, with of course benefits of Balmoral and Sandringham invitations. ;)

Thanks for your reply CasiraghiTrio... however maybe they can be an example to other line to the throne in the future.. If I'm not mistaken, Duke of Kent convert to Catholic...but how abt if the other way round ???

I doubt they're even worried about it. Why would his flimsy claim to the throne be a concern for them? He is still the Queen's grandson no matter what, loved unconditionally. I think that is all that matters for them. They want to be happy together, have a family perhaps, and live a nice private life, with of course benefits of Balmoral and Sandringham invitations. ;)

Well said Casiraghi Trio! I'm sure Peter wants to have a happy life with Autumn and that is all that matters to him. I wish them all the happiness in the world. I hope to hear soon when the wedding will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom