Peter Phillips and Family News and Events 2: Nov 2005- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stupid thing to do. OK, I suppose he didn't expect some nosy neighbour to see him and call the police, but he could have gone to a hotel - which is allowed if you're there "for valid business reasons" (ahem) - and arranged to meet the woman there, and told anyone who asked that she was a business associate!

Police found no wrong doing so who knows what was going on. They could well have been outdoors together...garden or whatever. Who knows. I loose track of the rules and certainly don't know the Scottish ones.

Business trips are allowed. It seems a bit odd that he'd have to visit someone at home for work reasons, but maybe there's a genuine business connection and she's got a home office. If he wasn't actually staying there, then that's quite possible - but some of the press headlines make it sound like he stayed there, which, if the police spoke to him at 6pm, it doesn't seem like he did.

I know people have different views on reporting breaches of rules, but this isn't the first time that a well-known person's been reported for visiting someone's home. If the nosy neighbour had seen some random man visiting the house, would they have called the police? I doubt it.

A divorced man and business man does not a drive that far by himself to visit a single women at her home to talk about work. First of all its highly inappropriate and second it’s opens up a man for serious trouble later in the age of Me to. If it’s for business purposes online or even meeting in a group for lunch or dinner is safer and much more professional

A divorced man and business man does not a drive that far by himself to visit a single women at her home to talk about work. First of all its highly inappropriate and second it’s opens up a man for serious trouble later in the age of Me to. If it’s for business purposes online or even meeting in a group for lunch or dinner is safer and much more professional

Ah I dont think it does. She is one a family friend, both single/divorced and who knows this is probably a wealthy woman. She could have a whole home warehouse, office somewhere.

It doesn't matter. I am tired of war time spying on people. I dont care what he was doing if the police said it was fine.

If everything is fine, then Peter has done nothing wrong.

It doesn't matter. I am tired of war time spying on people. I dont care what he was doing if the police said it was fine.

Me too.

Also, it was probably safer for him to stay with...his business associate...than go to a hotel where he'd be sure to encounter more people.

I think it was a stupid thing to do, but it was very spiteful of a neighbour to call the police. If someone was having a party for 200 people, I might think about reporting them, but I know that some of my neighbours have had their children or grandchildren round to visit, and I wouldn't dream of reporting them. I doubt that the police would do anything even if I did.

I bet the neighbour wouldn't have bothered if they hadn't seen that it was someone famous.

I think it was a stupid thing to do, but it was very spiteful of a neighbour to call the police. If someone was having a party for 200 people, I might think about reporting them, but I know that some of my neighbours have had their children or grandchildren round to visit, and I wouldn't dream of reporting them. I doubt that the police would do anything even if I did.

I bet the neighbour wouldn't have bothered if they hadn't seen that it was someone famous.

Who knows what the situation is. Could very well be that this lady is his new partner and they are in a bubble together. Who knows. But police said it was fine so good enough for me.

It was probably a stupid thing to do and no one is going to believe the business story now that a potential sex scandal (I use that term very loosely) has entered the equation, even if it *is* actually the truth.

However the police cleared him so fine.

Who knows what the situation is. Could very well be that this lady is his new partner and they are in a bubble together. Who knows. But police said it was fine so good enough for me.

He crossed the border between England and Scotland and apparently, you are not allowed to travel between countries unless in very specific circumstances. So, I don't think the 'bubble' argument holds.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is indeed his new partner (are Peter and Autumn formally divorced? The article states that she (Zara's friend that was visited by Peter) isn't) - not the best way to get that news out... Police going along with the 'it's a business trip' is the easiest way out for all of them, not necessarily what truly happened imho.

He crossed the border between England and Scotland and apparently, you are not allowed to travel between countries unless in very specific circumstances. So, I don't think the 'bubble' argument holds.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is indeed his new partner (are Peter and Autumn formally divorced? The article states that she (Zara's friend that was visited by Peter) isn't) - not the best way to get that news out... Police going along with the 'it's a business trip' is the easiest way out for all of them, not necessarily what truly happened imho.

It probably was a business trip. With a bit of convience. I really don't care. It's not a party of 200 spreading the virus near and far. It is two people.

Personally, I'm tired of the insinuation that a male and female meeting alone must be sexual.

Could they be dating? Sure. But when I was unmarried and working, I was often the victim of office gossip every time an attractive male client wanted to have a dinner meeting (which was a normal course of business in my industry). It taught me not to paint others with the same sexist brush. No matter what Peter is doing with his personal time, I don't think Ms. Wallace's name and marital status were newsworthy.

Also, it is safer to drive than fly, if you can, during covid. It's also safer to stay at a private home than at a busy hotel during covid. I have a feeling these were likely the reasons the police found everything to be above board, as long as Peter had a business meeting in the area.

I can top your story, Briar Rose, and it's something that *still* makes me giggle and laugh and I realize how "gossip" really works. :lol:

While I was heavily pregnant with my first child, I still worked downtown Detroit as a secretary. Every day I would be picked up from work and driven home by a much older man whom I always, without fail, greeted with a hug and a kiss as I got in the car. Imagine the gossip floating around!!

That man was my father. He also worked downtown and we'd ride to and from work together every day. I laughed so hard when someone *finally* told me what the "gossip" was. I think the coworkers thought I'd go into labor right then and there from laughing so hard.

Not everything is as it is seen to be. ;)

Personally, I'm tired of the insinuation that a male and female meeting alone must be sexual.

Could they be dating? Sure. But when I was unmarried and working, I was often the victim of office gossip every time an attractive male client wanted to have a dinner meeting (which was a normal course of business in my industry). It taught me not to paint others with the same sexist brush. No matter what Peter is doing with his personal time, I don't think Ms. Wallace's name and marital status were newsworthy.

Also, it is safer to drive than fly, if you can, during covid. It's also safer to stay at a private home than at a busy hotel during covid. I have a feeling these were likely the reasons the police found everything to be above board, as long as Peter had a business meeting in the area.
You are quite right.
And obviously it is their own business !

Was he wearing a badge saying “I’m THAT Peter Phillips”, because I’m sure event us, ardent royal watchers, could just looked at him and realized who he was?:lol:

If Peter Phililips was not the son of Princess Anne, would he have gotten attention from the nosey neighbor? Would this neighbor have paid attention if Peter was not the grandson of The Queen Regnant of Great Britain?

I doubt it. If they'd seen a random man going into the house, they'd probably just have assumed he'd come to unblock a drain or mend the boiler or something like that, which is permitted. They probably also wanted to get one over on a rich neighbour who lives in a large, posh house. Some people are just like that.

He i snot supposed to be travelling so far, for a business meeting, as far as i know.

Horrible, some people have nothing else to do, but maybe stand by the window and spy on others. Maybe they should get involved in making things better, then being a busybody.

Well if the young Lady didn't know it before she now knows she has a busy body neighbour.

This thread started in November 2005... for most of the time they were married.

And are we sure they are officially divorced?

They are still officially married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom