Peter Phillips and Family News and Events 2: Nov 2005- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And who is the third woman? Stephanie?

I wonder how serious this is, because it sounds like an absolutely horrendous idea to me. Expensive, a mess, and extremely hard on the already delicate legs of the horses.

Evidently it’s been done in Liverpool and they lay down layers of wax and sand to make a safe surface for the animals, but it does sound like a mess. The article suggests it takes three days to prepare the course. Add in the race day and time to pull everything up again and you have potentially closed a landmark street in one of the world’s major cities for a full work week. Not to mention interrupted tourist access to one of the city’s major draws for that entire time. And organized by someone with a track record of cost overruns (and worse) when putting together large events.

Peter Phillips during Day four of the ISPS Handa Vic Open at 13th Beach Golf Club on 10 February in Geelong, Australia ,give to David Law of Scotland the winners trophy

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ophy-from-peter-phillips-picture-id1128620766

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/u...t=none&family=editorial&editorialproducts=all

Peter Philips talking about the golf and the Power of Sport.

Peter and Autumn at the Cheltenham Festival today 15 March

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...heltenham Festival/Cheltenham Festival, Day 4

Peter Philips attend at the Tusk Ball, in Kensington Palace today 9 May

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...ensington_palace,_london?celeb=Peter Phillips

Last edited by a moderator:

Autumn attended the 2019 Fall Ball at the Cafe de Paris in London on November 20:

** Pic **

Promoting the planting of trees; how great!
On really hot days the temperature is half as hot when under the canopy fo a tree.
A tree is a joy, a relief and a life blood to many little critters and not so little critters too.
The four children look proud to be promoting trees. Cute pictures.

Peter and Autumn Phillips and Family Current Events 2: Nov 2005-

Well now....

Peter Phillips is selling milk in China, with the apparent caption British Royal Family member Peter Philips. However this is a translation of the Chinese used in the add.

Of all the thinks to sell, if it’s true he’s not lying though. He is indeed a member of the British royal family.

Last edited:
The Queen Mum must be turning in her grave:
“THE Queen’s eldest grandson has used his Royal connections to sell milk on Chinese TV – potentially raking in “tens of thousands” for the appearance.
Peter Phillips has appeared in two adverts for a state-owned dairy firm in China – adding to the row over what Harry and Meghan might do next as they seek “financial independence”.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10783...ades-royal-connections-milk-advert-china/amp/

The Queen Mum must be turning in her grave:
“THE Queen’s eldest grandson has used his Royal connections to sell milk on Chinese TV – potentially raking in “tens of thousands” for the appearance.
Peter Phillips has appeared in two adverts for a state-owned dairy firm in China – adding to the row over what Harry and Meghan might do next as they seek “financial independence”.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10783...ades-royal-connections-milk-advert-china/amp/

Peter has and always will be a private citizen with no title or role. And like every other private citizen has the right to make income any legal way.

Peter us no different then his sister, or Kent grandkids, or extended family. Free to pursue any career.

I doubt the queen mum is bothered at all.

Disapproval: family before profit! Exploiting his position within the Royal Family regardless of his mother’s decision to raise him without an HRH.

How exactly? IF the chines translation is correct, he is not lying about his status. He is a member of the royal family.

It’s not like he’s given himself a title just to sell the milk. I would have thought she would be proud of her great-grandson earning a living. It also wasn’t his mother’s decision to raise him without an HRH, it was George V’s.

Yeesh. I'd bet my last dollar that Princess Anne, HM, Prince Charles, and Prince William are not best pleased and probably, given the unfortunate timing, have not hesitated to say so. Yes, technically Peter is a private citizen with absolutely no title and has the freedom to make any and all deals that he'd like to sign on the dotted line for. And yes, technically he is a member of the royal family. However, when the ad very plainly and specifically states that he is "Peter Phillips, a member of the royal family" and then very clearly implies that he's watching the arrival of HM, uses a replica of one of the official state landaus, uses an estate (without permission, it seems) that resembles those belonging to the RF...combined with the terrible timing, it's a very, very bad look all the way around.

And here I was just last week saying that I hoped Peter would act as a valuable adviser for the family when dealing with the fallout of the Megxit debacle and going forward.

Yes, I have to agree with Heather on this one.

Its different for Zara because she has a personality outside of the royal family. She is a medal winning Olympian who happens to be a member of the British Royal Family. What is Peter known for....being a member of the British Royal Family!

Yeesh. I'd bet my last dollar that Princess Anne, HM, Prince Charles, and Prince William are not best pleased and probably, given the unfortunate timing, have not hesitated to say so. Yes, technically Peter is a private citizen with absolutely no title and has the freedom to make any and all deals that he'd like to sign on the dotted line for. And yes, technically he is a member of the royal family. However, when the ad very plainly and specifically states that he is "Peter Phillips, a member of the royal family" and then very clearly implies that he's watching the arrival of HM, uses a replica of one of the official state landaus, uses an estate (without permission, it seems) that resembles those belonging to the RF...combined with the terrible timing, it's a very, very bad look all the way around.

And here I was just last week saying that I hoped Peter would act as a valuable adviser for the family when dealing with the fallout of the Megxit debacle and going forward.

I think what Peter forgot, this is the age of the Internet and things can go worldwide in a flash. It is problematic in that it looks to be trading in on his relatives.

In days gone by, he could have made the commercials for showing in the Far East and they might never have been noticed. Years and years ago, film actors used to do that all the time, they wouldn't do commercials in the States but would for markets like Japan.

Last edited:

I agree with everything you say.

But I'm going to play devils advocate because it's fun. :lol:

Filming for this took place last year, information coming from tweets responding to RRs mentions the fact this advert has been around for a while. Peter Philips was "beardless" at Sandringham earlier this month. Is it just a tiny bit possible that the papers did some digging and thought this fits in with our current storyline lets run with it? Is it also possible that with the "abdication" this would never have seen the light of day....

A lot of the filming was done green screen, and Peter himself never uses the word royal at all. The only thing related to royalty is he mentions them having Jersey Cattle at Windsor. The use of the word royal, the mention of the family, Jersey being a royal estate of britain is all added in chinese captions which Peter probably can't read.

Now the correct thing to do, which may have been done, was to view the advert as a whole and then assess the impact of how it looked.

The Queen, Prince Charles, Anne and I guess to some extent William might be fully aware of the whole thing. We'll never know.

This is hardly the first time Peter has been credibly accused of cashing in on his royal status/connections.

Him and Zara get away with a lot tbh.

Arguably, this is how the world works no matter what. Who your family is is how many people find opportunities and such.

I just think folks need to be consistent if they are going to call it out or foul or not on some but not on others. These ads are cringy though.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you say.

But I'm going to play devils advocate because it's fun. :lol:

Filming for this took place last year, information coming from tweets responding to RRs mentions the fact this advert has been around for a while. Peter Philips was "beardless" at Sandringham earlier this month. Is it just a tiny bit possible that the papers did some digging and thought this fits in with our current storyline lets run with it? Is it also possible that with the "abdication" this would never have seen the light of day....

A lot of the filming was done green screen, and Peter himself never uses the word royal at all. The only thing related to royalty is he mentions them having Jersey Cattle at Windsor. The use of the word royal, the mention of the family, Jersey being a royal estate of britain is all added in chinese captions which Peter probably can't read.

Now the correct thing to do, which may have been done, was to view the advert as a whole and then assess the impact of how it looked.

The Queen, Prince Charles, Anne and I guess to some extent William might be fully aware of the whole thing. We'll never know.

Frankly, I don't really care when it was filmed or what might or might not have been happening at the time. It's really inappropriate and, given the fact that Peter is supposed to be a highly competent businessman, I find it hard to believe that he signed a contract that didn't give him the right to review and have edit powers over the final product as a whole. There's no way this should have ever been made as it was, approved, or aired no matter when it was done. The fact that it's coming to light now may very well be a case of unfortunate coincidental timing but the fact that it was done at all and signed off on is a massive problem.

This is hardly the first time Peter has been credibly accused of cashing in on his royal status/connections.

Him and Zara get away with a lot tbh.

Arguably, this is how the world works no matter what. Who your family is is how many people find opportunities and such.

I just think folks need to be consistent if they are going to call it out or foul or not on some but not on others. These ads are cringy though.

Zara is also a medal winning Olympic athlete married to a former World Cup winning professional rugby player. Yes, being the Queen's grandaughter boosts her profile, but in the sports world Zara & Mike are still players without the royal connection.
Peter's sister has a higher profile than him because of her own endeavors.

Last edited:
:previous: Agree.

For Peter- why get a proper job when he can just cash in?;)
Now if he had worked for the milk industry, It'll be different but this ad just highlights the British Royal connection.

Yikes...like that Economist article said: capitalism is indeed the biggest threat to the monarchy these days.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), there's yet to be a Windsor version of Kris Jenner or these guys could make loads of money!:lol:

:previous: Agree.

For Peter- why get a proper job when he can just cash in?;)

You mean his proper job as Chairman and CEO of City Racing? The company that actually negotiates the sponsorship deals to give his sister the "proper job" that she has?

There's no doubting Zara's sporting background, however most recently all I've heard about is her sponsorship deals with various companies. Mike Tindall hasn't played professionally in 7 years, and is involved with charity work.

I'm not using any of this against anyone, however to assert that Peter doesn't have a proper job, when Zara doesn't appear to have one either isn't particularly fair.

Peter's sister has a higher profile than him because of her own endeavors.

Not disagreeing, but all of Zara's current sponsorship deals have been negotiated or arranged by her brother through his company.

good to know about his "proper job".
But I guess the price to cash in on being a member of the BRF was too good to ignore ; D

You mean his proper job as Chairman and CEO of City Racing? The company that actually negotiates the sponsorship deals to give his sister the "proper job" that she has?

There's no doubting Zara's sporting background, however most recently all I've heard about is her sponsorship deals with various companies. Mike Tindall hasn't played professionally in 7 years, and is involved with charity work.

I'm not using any of this against anyone, however to assert that Peter doesn't have a proper job, when Zara doesn't appear to have one either isn't particularly fair.

Not disagreeing, but all of Zara's current sponsorship deals have been negotiated or arranged by her brother through his company.

Which speaks again to how monumentally poor this decision was when it's clear that he has the ability to negotiate a contract that allows him oversight of the finished product. So, either he failed to get that point secured which I find hard to believe or he signed off on this as the finished product which is a massive error in judgment.

Just to mention, the translation of the caption in the advert that the press are saying was "British Royal Family", is actually "British Royal House". There are apparently a dozen other translation issues from Chinese to English.

This coming from a native language speaker.

Just to mention, the translation of the caption in the advert that the press are saying was "British Royal Family", is actually "British Royal House". There are apparently a dozen other translation issues from Chinese to English.

This coming from a native language speaker.

As far as I am aware the British don't distinguish between the royal house and the royal family, so while technically correct, I am not sure it is relevant (if it tells us anything at all - it is that Peter wasn't that involved in putting the add together).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom