Peter Phillips and Family News and Events 2: Nov 2005- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with members of the royal family using their status to make a profit (that's not linked to their charity or royal work), but there are worse things that Peter Phillips could've done. Just pretty embarrassing though!

when Zara doesn't appear to have one [a proper job] either isn't particularly fair.

A proper job like competing in the Burghley Horse Trials in September, the Wellington Horse Trials in August, the Bramham Horse Trails in June, the Burnham Horse Trials in April or the Gatcombe Horse Trials in March?
That sounds like a proper job for an Olympic level equestrian.

Last edited:
A proper job like competing in the Burghley Horse Trials in September, the Bramham Horse Trails in June, the Burnham Horse Trials in April or the Gatcombe Horse Trials in March?

I guess it depends on how an individual views a “proper job”. As this is Peters thread, I won’t bring it up anymore.

According to the Daily Mail's lead, Princess Diana's niece has joined the Queen's grandson, Peter Phillips, in using royal connections to promote milk sales in China. This follows news on Peter Phillips' commercial work as dressing up up in pseudo royal garb and horse carriage. it is now emerged that Lady Kitty Spencer has copycatted the act too - as the pair are going head to head by plugging rival Chinese dairy brands. Somehow though, I don’t think Lady Kitty’s grandmother Frances Shand Kydd will be turning any graves unlike Peter Philip’s great grandma the Queen Mum:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-Dianas-niece-Kitty-Spencer-milking-too.html

According to the Daily Mail's lead, Princess Diana's niece has joined the Queen's grandson, Peter Phillips, in using royal connections to promote milk sales in China. This follows news on Peter Phillips' commercial work as dressing up up in pseudo royal garb and horse carriage. it is now emerged that Lady Kitty Spencer has copycatted the act too - as the pair are going head to head by plugging rival Chinese dairy brands. Somehow though, I don’t think Lady Kitty’s grandmother Frances Shand Kydd will be turning any graves unlike Peter Philip’s great grandma the Queen Mum:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-Dianas-niece-Kitty-Spencer-milking-too.html

I posted this last night and the mods appeared to have deleted it :)

I do think this was naughty of Peter - and apparently the background shots are of Longleat House, without the Marquess of Bath's permission. Kitty Spencer can do what she likes, although the way she trades on being Diana's niece isn't very respectful, but it's kind of tacky for Peter to appear in an advert as "a member of the British Royal Family (or House)".

Mike Tindall was part of the England rugby union squad which won the World Cup, so he's always going to be high profile in his own right.

Last edited:
This milk advert trading off Peter's royal connections is really tacky. If this is acceptable to the BRF then we know where the bar is for rest of the non-working royals. It gives a green light to all of them to advertise products for personal gain while acting conspicuously as royal.

This milk advert trading off Peter's royal connections is really tacky. If this is acceptable to the BRF then we know where the bar is for rest of the non-working royals. It gives a green light to all of them to advertise products for personal gain while acting conspicuously as royal.

I agree. I would have had no problem with his endorsing the milk if it hadn't been for the royal connection being played up. It's completely unacceptable.

But why put your arm around an unnamed young lady (and have her do the same)?

Why is there a problem with him posing for what is obviously publicity photographs for an event...

But why put your arm around an unnamed young lady (and have her do the same)?

Frankly it's the DM so I'm sure that isn't some "unnamed young lady" and probably is someone well connected to the organization he was representing and the DM chose to not include her name in order to drive speculation because, well, it's the DM.

Why is there a problem with him posing for what is obviously publicity photographs for an event...

His way of posing. They could have perfectly stood next to each other without having their arms around each other's backs. In a group picture it is different but just after you announced you are divorcing your wife posing as if you are a couple?!

His way of posing. They could have perfectly stood next to each other without having their arms around each other's backs. In a group picture it is different but just after you announced you are divorcing your wife posing as if you are a couple?!

I think we need to disagree on that one, people see what they want. Now if the DM had said that there would have been posters on here calling them for everything.
There is no story so people want to create one.

Goodness, there was nothing untoward in that photograph!

Peter attended the 57th annual ISPS Handa Halberg Awards for sporting excellence in Auckland on February 12:

** dm article: Peter Phillips smiles away his worries at a black tie charity bash in Auckland..**

If they're going to live closely in 2 houses on the Gatcombe estate, it seems rather strange that they couldn't have lived (relatively separate) lives in the same house on the Gatcombe estate, without all this kerfuffle, at least until the girls had grown a bit older?

If they're going to live closely in 2 houses on the Gatcombe estate, it seems rather strange that they couldn't have lived (relatively separate) lives in the same house on the Gatcombe estate, without all this kerfuffle, at least until the girls had grown a bit older?

They're actually following the model established by Anne and Mark Phillips. They divorced, went on with their lives yet lived on the same estate and even ran their equistrian business together on the Gatcombe estate (if I'm remembering right)

Presumalby they want a divorce and not just living separate lives.

Maybe because they want to move on with their lives. Possibly romantically down the road.

Staying married for the sake of kids rarely works well for anyone. Resentment often grows and that isn’t good for the kids.

There is no kerfuffle. They are divorcing amicably. Unlike the war of the Wales, Peter and autumn seem to take the route of his parents. Divorcing and coparenting on good terms. Best thing for all of them.

As I understand the couple had been living in Aston farm, the part portioned off in the divorce for Mark. Peter had a cottage on the main estate at one point. One easily could use the cottage. I’d think likely who ever had primary custody would likely remain in the family home so not to up root the girls too much. Peter also works in London a lot so choosing the smaller cottage especially if Autumn is primary night suit his schedule.

To be fair the news wasn't released officially, it was exposed by the Sun and then confirmed. They may well have wanted to set their new lives up and then announce once the girls were settled into it etc.

I'm sure its better for all if a divorce is what is wanted that they are upfront about it.

I was certain these two would stay amicable and so far that appears to be this case. I don't think they'll be quite as close (codependent?) as Andrew and Sarah. But I could see them being good pals and befriending each other's future spouses as well.

I agree. No one ever really knows what goes on in a marriage behind closed doors other than the two people involved but, based on what we know of Autumn and Peter, I suspect you're right. I very much can picture these two remaining friendly with each other and becoming friendly with future partners and I certainly think Autumn will remain close to Zara, Anne, and really, the RF as a whole. I wouldn't be even one bit surprised to see her and the girls with Kate and the kids this summer at the polo or other events.

Anne and Mark were able to remain civil, and they had a more contentious split. I'm not surprised that Peter and Autumn look to be following that lead.

Autumn and Peter both grew up with divorced parents. Mark and Anne set a great example for their children on how to have a civil divorce. They not only managed to co-parent but they have remained friends for years. Mark and Tim seem to get along for Zara, Peter and the grandkids.

I don't see Peter and Autumn becoming another Andrew/ Sarah but I do think they will manage to be like Anne and Mark. More then simply co-parenting but keeping up a good relationship for the sake of their kids.

Its nice to see them out enjoying the races. Not just together for the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom