The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2021, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
Personally, I'm tired of the insinuation that a male and female meeting alone must be sexual.

Could they be dating? Sure. But when I was unmarried and working, I was often the victim of office gossip every time an attractive male client wanted to have a dinner meeting (which was a normal course of business in my industry). It taught me not to paint others with the same sexist brush. No matter what Peter is doing with his personal time, I don't think Ms. Wallace's name and marital status were newsworthy.

Also, it is safer to drive than fly, if you can, during covid. It's also safer to stay at a private home than at a busy hotel during covid. I have a feeling these were likely the reasons the police found everything to be above board, as long as Peter had a business meeting in the area.
You are quite right.
And obviously it is their own business !

Old 03-28-2021, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Was he wearing a badge saying “I’m THAT Peter Phillips”, because I’m sure event us, ardent royal watchers, could just looked at him and realized who he was?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:48 AM
Majesty

If Peter Phililips was not the son of Princess Anne, would he have gotten attention from the nosey neighbor? Would this neighbor have paid attention if Peter was not the grandson of The Queen Regnant of Great Britain?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:39 AM
Serene Highness

I doubt it. If they'd seen a random man going into the house, they'd probably just have assumed he'd come to unblock a drain or mend the boiler or something like that, which is permitted. They probably also wanted to get one over on a rich neighbour who lives in a large, posh house. Some people are just like that.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:41 AM
Majesty

He i snot supposed to be travelling so far, for a business meeting, as far as i know.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Horrible, some people have nothing else to do, but maybe stand by the window and spy on others. Maybe they should get involved in making things better, then being a busybody.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:58 AM
Majesty

REAL COUNTESS, What a brilliant deduction!
Old 03-30-2021, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well if the young Lady didn't know it before she now knows she has a busy body neighbour.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:39 AM
Majesty

Why adding Autumn , they are divorced ? ?.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

This thread started in November 2005... for most of the time they were married.

And are we sure they are officially divorced?
Old 03-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Majesty

They are still officially married.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:14 AM
Courtier

You know, I frankly think the neighbor was just being a nosey busybody and there are few things that make me roll my eyes harder than that kind of behavior. The police found that everything was on the up and up so that's good enough for me. That said, I don't really think Peter's spokesperson did him any favors. He easily could have issued a statement saying something to the effect of "Mr. Phillips was traveling on business as is permitted by current rules. Police found this to be a non-incident and no further comment will be given about his business meetings and contacts." Instead, a statement about not commenting on his accommodations when traveling on business just stirred the pot and added unnecessary drama, in my opinion.

Tags
autumn phillips, peter phillips