The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2020, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Goodness, there was nothing untoward in that photograph!

Old 02-14-2020, 04:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Peter attended the 57th annual ISPS Handa Halberg Awards for sporting excellence in Auckland on February 12:

** dm article: Peter Phillips smiles away his worries at a black tie charity bash in Auckland..**
If they're going to live closely in 2 houses on the Gatcombe estate, it seems rather strange that they couldn't have lived (relatively separate) lives in the same house on the Gatcombe estate, without all this kerfuffle, at least until the girls had grown a bit older?

Old 02-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
If they're going to live closely in 2 houses on the Gatcombe estate, it seems rather strange that they couldn't have lived (relatively separate) lives in the same house on the Gatcombe estate, without all this kerfuffle, at least until the girls had grown a bit older?
They're actually following the model established by Anne and Mark Phillips. They divorced, went on with their lives yet lived on the same estate and even ran their equistrian business together on the Gatcombe estate (if I'm remembering right)
Old 02-14-2020, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Presumalby they want a divorce and not just living separate lives.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Maybe because they want to move on with their lives. Possibly romantically down the road.

Staying married for the sake of kids rarely works well for anyone. Resentment often grows and that isn’t good for the kids.

There is no kerfuffle. They are divorcing amicably. Unlike the war of the Wales, Peter and autumn seem to take the route of his parents. Divorcing and coparenting on good terms. Best thing for all of them.

As I understand the couple had been living in Aston farm, the part portioned off in the divorce for Mark. Peter had a cottage on the main estate at one point. One easily could use the cottage. I’d think likely who ever had primary custody would likely remain in the family home so not to up root the girls too much. Peter also works in London a lot so choosing the smaller cottage especially if Autumn is primary night suit his schedule.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

To be fair the news wasn't released officially, it was exposed by the Sun and then confirmed. They may well have wanted to set their new lives up and then announce once the girls were settled into it etc.

I'm sure its better for all if a divorce is what is wanted that they are upfront about it.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Phillips as ISPS HANDA Honorary Ambassador attend at a day four of the 2020 ISPS HANDA Women's Australian Open at Royal Adelaide Golf Club on 16 February

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...49?s=2048x2048
Old 03-10-2020, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Peter and Autumn attended the Cheltenham Festival together today, March 10:

** dm article: A united front! Estranged royal couple Autumn and Peter Phillips arrive together.. **
Old 03-10-2020, 09:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Peter and Autumn attended the Cheltenham Festival together today, March 10:

** dm article: A united front! Estranged royal couple Autumn and Peter Phillips arrive together.. **
I was certain these two would stay amicable and so far that appears to be this case. I don't think they'll be quite as close (codependent?) as Andrew and Sarah. But I could see them being good pals and befriending each other's future spouses as well.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I was certain these two would stay amicable and so far that appears to be this case. I don't think they'll be quite as close (codependent?) as Andrew and Sarah. But I could see them being good pals and befriending each other's future spouses as well.
I agree. No one ever really knows what goes on in a marriage behind closed doors other than the two people involved but, based on what we know of Autumn and Peter, I suspect you're right. I very much can picture these two remaining friendly with each other and becoming friendly with future partners and I certainly think Autumn will remain close to Zara, Anne, and really, the RF as a whole. I wouldn't be even one bit surprised to see her and the girls with Kate and the kids this summer at the polo or other events.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Anne and Mark were able to remain civil, and they had a more contentious split. I'm not surprised that Peter and Autumn look to be following that lead.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Autumn and Peter both grew up with divorced parents. Mark and Anne set a great example for their children on how to have a civil divorce. They not only managed to co-parent but they have remained friends for years. Mark and Tim seem to get along for Zara, Peter and the grandkids.

I don't see Peter and Autumn becoming another Andrew/ Sarah but I do think they will manage to be like Anne and Mark. More then simply co-parenting but keeping up a good relationship for the sake of their kids.

Its nice to see them out enjoying the races. Not just together for the girls.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:50 AM
Courtier

It was so nice to see Autumn and Peter out at the races together and appearing to have a lovely time with friends and family. I fully expected to see them together with the girls at the festivals and things this summer but I wasn't sure if we'd see them on their own or not. Nice to see that they're still quite amicable and friendly and really lends credence to their statement that they're still close, still friends, etc. Definitely the best possible way to handle all of this for the sake of their girls and really for the sake of their friends and family, too, who won't feel as though they have to choose sides.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Peter attended the Cheltenham Festival again today, March 12:

** Pic ** dm article **
Old 04-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure Peter (maybe it was Mike Tindal) use to have some business with doing shooting. Nice they are seemingly getting on despite the separation.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Hein Bruins writes on his genealogy site that Peter and Autumn Philipps are already officially divorced; is it true?

Source: Descendants of Sir Claude George Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
Old 06-04-2020, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Hein Bruins writes on his genealogy site that Peter and Autumn Philipps are already officially divorced; is it true?

Source: Descendants of Sir Claude George Bowes-Lyon, 14th Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne
I can't see how. THey only separated a few months ago. DIvorce would take longer...
Old 06-04-2020, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Perhaps he’s written it as they’ve announced they are divorcing.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Perhaps he’s written it as they’ve announced they are divorcing.
Perhaps but I can't see that they are divorced as yet....They will probably live apart for 2 years and divorce then
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Commoner

Peter is quite handsome. If he were a Prince, he'd be the best looking Prince in the family! LOL

Tags
autumn phillips, peter phillips